Time to move on

Guest cornbread

Guest cornbread

well time to move on. i find it very off putting to be part of a forum that every time i ask questions i get talked down on or totally get rude answers. seems that you have to be a code writer to get any kind of respect and answers. i have watched as people ask questions and get nothing but grief for asking it. i personally had asked several questions and was met with "it is a beta copy" as the answer and no advise to what may be causing it or how to fix it. i have had 3 post get deleted within seconds after posting because it was deemed no relevent.

this is supposed to be a community but yet if a new person asked a question they get run off. i have seen everyone get mad because somebody won't release a copy of code and start slamming them for it.

to me this site offers no real substance for anyone wanting to learn. they get torn apart or negative response. how come a thread about locking up i posted when running evil software was deleted and not relevent but someone asking for a custom color is? just one more reason i find this forum to be not welcoming for new people.

i asked about superboot giving garbled words on screen and was told if i didn't know how to superboot then i should sell my phone. then the thread was deleted a few moments later.

so i must say goodbye to this forum as i have found others much more inviting. i was tempted to release the new 2.1 rom that is the newest version that angio was working with but after what i saw happen with that i decided to keep it to myself. the rom i have is a final testing rom that will be the american release but i feel why share a rom if i can't even get a question answered without being blown off or talked down to. i look forward to being part of a community i can share things with and feel like a welcome part of the community instead of a outsider that unless i give something to the community and it is deemed ok that i get respect from.

thanks again for the chance to find out this is not were i belong

Guest audiobastard

you don't have the final 2.1 rom. This is probably why you get rude comments; because you lie. :P Grow a pair and give the people who reply "unpleasantly" helll.... i said hellll!!!1

Guest gapone
well time to move on. i find it very off putting to be part of a forum that every time i ask questions i get talked down on or totally get rude answers. seems that you have to be a code writer to get any kind of respect and answers. i have watched as people ask questions and get nothing but grief for asking it. i personally had asked several questions and was met with "it is a beta copy" as the answer and no advise to what may be causing it or how to fix it. i have had 3 post get deleted within seconds after posting because it was deemed no relevent.

this is supposed to be a community but yet if a new person asked a question they get run off. i have seen everyone get mad because somebody won't release a copy of code and start slamming them for it.

to me this site offers no real substance for anyone wanting to learn. they get torn apart or negative response. how come a thread about locking up i posted when running evil software was deleted and not relevent but someone asking for a custom color is? just one more reason i find this forum to be not welcoming for new people.

i asked about superboot giving garbled words on screen and was told if i didn't know how to superboot then i should sell my phone. then the thread was deleted a few moments later.

so i must say goodbye to this forum as i have found others much more inviting. i was tempted to release the new 2.1 rom that is the newest version that angio was working with but after what i saw happen with that i decided to keep it to myself. the rom i have is a final testing rom that will be the american release but i feel why share a rom if i can't even get a question answered without being blown off or talked down to. i look forward to being part of a community i can share things with and feel like a welcome part of the community instead of a outsider that unless i give something to the community and it is deemed ok that i get respect from.

thanks again for the chance to find out this is not were i belong

I'm sorry you feel that way. In my opinion there are just few who should change their attitude. Community is for sharing let's remember that my friends. Peace and love to all.

Guest goa200

uhh who are you??

bye

and no one will kiss ur behind or atleast i wont cause you claim u got some final final version of 2.1.... get over yourself

Guest g4rb4g3

nobody likes me too :(

and i have the final 2.5 rom but i won't share it because everybody is sooo mean to me. and my daddy has already the 3.0 rom :P

mom said i have to go to sleep now....

bye!

Edited by g4rb4g3

Guest cornbread

never said i had the final version. just the same that others had and asked not to release. i never once offered it up. nor was i asked not to post it by my supplier it was up to me and after what i saw i would not offer anything up after the angio thing and also how my questions were answered.

just like the response from audiobastard "you don't have the final 2.1 rom. This is probably why you get rude comments; because you lie. biggrin.gif Grow a pair and give the people who reply "unpleasantly" helll.... i said hellll!!!1"

i would give hell if my post wan't deleted... but i asked a question that was not perfect i guess and had it deleted after rude comments

see above that i never announced that i had it or was thinking of posting it. it is not the final but a test version for american market. same code as others have but wont release. no magic here or lies. just got a copy of what some guys at AT&T have.

and yes many of you have the attitude of noobies suck.

no will not be changing my name or email. i found another community that is welcoming to new people. why stay here and get treated like crap when i have a site that welcomes me?

Edited by cornbread

Guest Piter1225
never said i had the final version. just the same that others had and asked not to release. i never once offered it up. nor was i asked not to post it by my supplier it was up to me and after what i saw i would not offer anything up after the angio thing and also how my questions were answered.

just like the response from audiobastard "you don't have the final 2.1 rom. This is probably why you get rude comments; because you lie. biggrin.gif Grow a pair and give the people who reply "unpleasantly" helll.... i said hellll!!!1"

i would give hell if my post wan't deleted... but i asked a question that was not perfect i guess and had it deleted after rude comments

see above that i never announced that i had it or was thinking of posting it. it is not the final but a test version for american market. same code as others have but wont release. no magic here or lies. just got a copy of what some guys at AT&T have.

no will not be changing my name or email. i found another community that is welcoming to new people. why stay here and get treated like crap when i have a site that welcomes me?

Hey, friend, you know what?

reported

Guest ahsid

Having rude people and newbies is the backside of every community. I've noticed this phenomena in almost every forum I've been on. The actual ONLY one I know (really) where people actually respond nicely to any kind of question (stupid or not) => ubuntu-fr.org (not an Android forum :P ). But fortunately here like almost anywhere you can always encounter nice people. If you haven't seen anyone like that here, well I'm sorry for you.

Bye.

Guest Piter1225
Don't see the point ? :P

We had this kind discussion many times, lol, only missing now someone talking about giving donations...

If he is leaving, he don't need to tell this to us

Guest Down to earth Swede

I haven't had the same experience like you, even though I have asked a bunch of noob questions in here.

On the contrary the result is either I get an answer in a polite way or no reply at all. Usually it is an answer that helps me in the right direction.

Sure all kinds of forums contains the usual bad people and trolls but I think this forum is above average in that respect.(The only forum in general which is almost void of people with bad atitude that I can think of is the demonoid forum. But that is a different matter)

And there are many other places to find additional information if it is needed but sooner or later I suspect most will come back here for more of the hardcore stuff.

There must be something in the way that you act that makes people response in the way that they are to you.

Your mentioning of not sharing the new 2.1 (if you really have it) give me the feeling that it isn't the first time you reacted in that way in this forum. But maybe I'm wrong...

Could you link to earlier posts where you have been treated badly so we all can see it?

They can't all be deleted!

Guest Liquidini

I have the 2.1 rick astley edition rom.

but i dont share. Rick dont let me leak :( :P

also i wont leave the forum because i have to make a question about a problem with the earphone. :(

Ok, good to know bye bye cornbread, another flamer in less. :P

@TO ALL: Please, please... PLEASE !!! Before writing, please count to 20 second, and really think what are you writing. If useful start writing, after writed all, don't press the buttom "Add reply", but re-read all what you've write. If it's ok, click on it.

We have too much topic and replies un-useful, and this sub-forum it's losing his real scope.

regards,

M4Ss

Guest deadphill
Ok, good to know bye bye cornbread, another flamer in less. :P

@TO ALL: Please, please... PLEASE !!! Before writing, please count to 20 second, and really think what are you writing. If useful start writing, after writed all, don't press the buttom "Add reply", but re-read all what you've write. If it's ok, click on it.

We have too much topic and replies un-useful, and this sub-forum it's losing his real scope.

regards,

M4Ss

Couldnt have put it better myself.

Im sorry that this user feels this way but there seems to be one of many things that seems to put peoples backs up in the liquid forum.

I have not seen this kind of behaviour much before and even though I dont have the device I seem to be moderating in the Liquid forum much more than I do in any of the others.

I will be having a word with the other mods, and hopefully we can get more on top of the flaming that goes on in here and make it again what makes the whole of Modaco special.

But in the meantime, please before replying in a haste of rage or adding some silly throwaway remark, take 30 seconds and a few deep breaths and just try and put yourselves in the other persons position before posting.

Cheers

Phill