Rooting with superboot. Can't put the phone into bootloader mode.

Guest Down to earth Swede

I'm trying to root my phone using the gudie http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...ootingTheLiquid

But the button combo to put it into bootloader mode doesn't seem to work for me.

When I re-insert the battery and do the press camera+power button combo the phone just starts as normal, that is it gets into the OS. No bootloader mode is initiated.

What is wrong?

I did all the steps required.

That is

1. With the phone unplugged removed the battery.

2. Connected the phone with USB to the PC.

3. Re-inserted the battery.

4. Pressed the camera button first and then the power button (as said in the guide)

Are there any other way to get into supermode, or is it just a question about timing the button pressing right?

Do I have to press the combo before the "battery loading" symbol appears, or do I have it pressed down while inserting the battery?

Edited by Down to earth Swede

What is your current ROM version?

Try pressing < + camera + power

It's rom version 2.000.16. (And I have done the steps as stated in the guide to insert the newer boot into the superbootimage to make it work with superboot 1.4)

I have gotten into superboot mode now, but now there is another problem.

When i run the install-superboot-windows.bat file from a command line in windows it starts, but then the line < waiting for device > appears

The phone itself is in the linux console like mode, I assume the bootloader worked, but I can't see the extremely small text that appears.

I have gotten into superboot mode now, but now there is another problem.

When i run the install-superboot-windows.bat file from a command line in windows it starts, but then the line < waiting for device > appears

You have to activate under Settings->Applications->Development "USB-Debugging" :P

Guest komos
I'm trying to root my phone using the gudie http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...ootingTheLiquid

But the button combo to put it into bootloader mode doesn't seem to work for me.

When I re-insert the battery and do the press camera+power button combo the phone just starts as normal, that is it gets into the OS. No bootloader mode is initiated.

What is wrong?

I did all the steps required.

That is

1. With the phone unplugged removed the battery.

2. Connected the phone with USB to the PC.

3. Re-inserted the battery.

4. Pressed the camera button first and then the power button (as said in the guide)

Are there any other way to get into supermode, or is it just a question about timing the button pressing right?

Do I have to press the combo before the "battery loading" symbol appears, or do I have it pressed down while inserting the battery?

conect your liquid with pc

go to you sdk tools folder and locate adb command

open a dos prompt there

type

adb reboot bootoloader

voila

P.S button combinations seem to differ from build to build

Edited by komos

conect your liquid with pc

go to you sdk tools folder and locate adb command

open a dos prompt there

type

adb reboot bootoloader

voila

P.S button combinations seem to differ from build to build

Did that earlier today, but as suggested in another forum.

And I had to do it on another of my pc;s, there was something strange going on with the first one, even with the adb reboot bootloader (don't know if it was the USB-ports or something)

Anyway it is rooted now!

Guest komos
Did that earlier today, but as suggested in another forum.

And I had to do it on another of my pc;s, there was something strange going on with the first one, even with the adb reboot bootloader (don't know if it was the USB-ports or something)

Anyway it is rooted now!

Btw quickboot avaliable in evilD ,LCR etc etc does the job fine if you are stuck without PC

you can even add scripts (gscript lite) and reboot your phone in any mode you wish

Btw quickboot avaliable in evilD ,LCR etc etc does the job fine if you are stuck without PC

you can even add scripts (gscript lite) and reboot your phone in any mode you wish

But quickboot requires root access to the phone and will not work when rooting a standard rom! Kind of a chicken and hen problem.

But very usefull app ones you have root access!