hero forum is so quite

Guest dr_ysp

Guest dr_ysp

i am so upset these days!! no development or activity in hero forum now a days!!.

i phone is rolling out os 4 on 8 th april. we are still on 1.5 on hero!!! guess what is the reason because we cheapo have braught "HERO" from a CRAPPY HTC!!

this totally SUCKS!!!

Guest Dr. dre
Get an iPhone, then.

I'm sure that's not the perfect solution, But 'dr_ysp' almost every cellphone company's the same, I had SE x1 before and this was the same problem with SE with updates.

Guest dr_ysp
I'm sure that's not the perfect solution, But 'dr_ysp' almost every cellphone company's the same, I had SE x1 before and this was the same problem with SE with updates.

yup i agree but if u see apple there they role out total generation which is not the case with htc. i love android, but hate htc.

Guest kieranc
Thread title spelled incorrectly... that about the most action we have had all week.

Does anyone remember being upset about a WM6 update being late? Oh wait, no, they didn't update that.....

The reason people are upset is cos they know the update is coming and can't do anything other than bitch about it on the internet. Does it make calls with 1.5? Texts? Right, I think they've fulfilled their contractual obligation, chill out and install it when it gets here.

Guest jay8ee
Does anyone remember being upset about a WM6 update being late? Oh wait, no, they didn't update that.....

The reason people are upset is cos they know the update is coming and can't do anything other than bitch about it on the internet. Does it make calls with 1.5? Texts? Right, I think they've fulfilled their contractual obligation, chill out and install it when it gets here.

I couldn't give a damn about the update... plenty of good 2.1 roms out there dunno why people are so bent up on getting the official sense rom.

Guest Dr. dre
I couldn't give a damn about the update... plenty of good 2.1 roms out there dunno why people are so bent up on getting the official sense rom.

Dude I don't know about others but many of us are waiting for MCR 4.0, so indirectly all of us are waiting for official 2.1 ROM.

Guest Dan Mullen
Dude I don't know about others but many of us are waiting for MCR 4.0, so indirectly all of us are waiting for official 2.1 ROM.

Yeah, but people are FAR too impatient! The official 2.1 is coming soon, MCR4.0 will no doubt follow shortly after. I don't know what the hurry is :P

Guest jay8ee
Yeah, but people are FAR too impatient! The official 2.1 is coming soon, MCR4.0 will no doubt follow shortly after. I don't know what the hurry is :P

Exactly, I don't see why people need to ask constantly when it's coming. When and if Paul posts the new ROM go download it, until then just wait in a peaceful silence :(

Guest Kalle Falter
Exactly, I don't see why people need to ask constantly when it's coming. When and if Paul posts the new ROM go download it, until then just wait in a peaceful silence :P

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

:(

Guest masterpfa
Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

:(

I heard a Rumour that 2.1 is coming sometime this year, to HTC Hero (have I missed anything????) :(

@dr_ysp

We are all here because we like our phones to either perform better or do more than standard, most of us here are ROM junkies, always looking to flash to the latest ROM, so Chill, Relax and get your 'FIX'. Try an Eris Port or two, you know you wanna!!! B)

Satisfy yourself with one of the many ROMS out there or wait, complaining is not going to bring 2.1 any quicker.

"OK where's that phone, I need another shot!!!" :P

Edited by masterpfa

Satisfy yourself with one of the many ROMS out there or wait, complaining is not going to bring 2.1 any quicker.

I can't imagine why, but when reading that I was reminded of Michael Douglas in Falling Down. If only he'd owned an Hero & HTC HQ had been on his route :P

Guest dr_ysp
I heard a Rumour that 2.1 is coming sometime this year, to HTC Hero (have I missed anything????) :(

@dr_ysp

We are all here because we like our phones to either perform better or do more than standard, most of us here are ROM junkies, always looking to flash to the latest ROM, so Chill, Relax and get your 'FIX'. Try an Eris Port or two, you know you wanna!!! B)

"OK where's that phone, I need another shot!!!" :P

wow pfa gr8 analysis!!

u know me :(

u know : first thing "suppose" if update is on 16th = why htc is not saying it. uptill now only "official" information on "twitter" from htc is that there will be update in 1st q4/q2. they should at least satisfy us by giving us real information.

i am not bitching. this is thread i openend up as i am waiting from december; i know u people are sick of waiting.

& i will wait for official rom/ mcr4. as i have tried most roms in 2.1 but they wont last for few hours. i am on kimera for long time now.

Guest pvillasuso

You have to pay to get the latest ! and developers go with the flow !

That's the known > price for technology <

You just have to know , when is the right moment !

I sold my Hero a month ago aprox.., went for a Nexus One, and I'm very glad I did that, guess it was the right moment to change it ! ( Hero price went totally down , and Nexus dropped a bit ..)

I'll do the same with my nexus , when "that moment" and "that other phone" arrives again ...

Hero is becaming the G1 :P . and there are so many models coming soon ... :(

Guest tongcc8
i am so upset these days!! no development or activity in hero forum now a days!!.

i phone is rolling out os 4 on 8 th april. we are still on 1.5 on hero!!! guess what is the reason because we cheapo have braught "HERO" from a CRAPPY HTC!!

this totally SUCKS!!!

Yes, hero is dead.

Guest Buzz Light

Definately the way is looks, HERO is completely dead.

HTC have already released Legend - which is essentially the same internal hardware as Hero.

Legend is already running 2.1 with Sense - which means that HTC already has ported the 2.1 to Hero hardware with Sense long time ago.

But they have not released the official 2.1 for Hero - this clearly indicates that HTC want the Hero to die and definitely wants people to stop using Hero and switch either to Legend/Desire or may be the Nexus itself.

Guest munkimatt

I've got absolutely no doubt the Hero will get 2.1, but it's purely down to business sense that HTC haven't pushed it out yet. They've just launched the Desire and the Legend, they want to push people towards buying those two handsets rather than a older handset with a cheaper price!

You'll get 2.1 no doubt. Just keep breathing :P

Guest Dr. dre
I've got absolutely no doubt the Hero will get 2.1, but it's purely down to business sense that HTC haven't pushed it out yet. They've just launched the Desire and the Legend, they want to push people towards buying those two handsets rather than a older handset with a cheaper price!

You'll get 2.1 no doubt. Just keep breathing :P

Dude +1 on that

It's pure business sense, Ok we all know that Hero is closest competition to Legend as they share almost the same hardware, Now the company want's people to go and buy Legend rather than buying a Hero and upgrading it to 2.1 ROM.

And as it's name says, it will always be a Hero :(

Edited by Dr. dre

Guest dr_ysp
Definately the way is looks, HERO is completely dead.

HTC have already released Legend - which is essentially the same internal hardware as Hero.

Legend is already running 2.1 with Sense - which means that HTC already has ported the 2.1 to Hero hardware with Sense long time ago.

But they have not released the official 2.1 for Hero - this clearly indicates that HTC want the Hero to die and definitely wants people to stop using Hero and switch either to Legend/Desire or may be the Nexus itself.

i totally agree

you r on the spot mate, that is why i call htc crappy. we hero owners made htc so succeful & now htc has turned its back to us.

apple doesnt do that to its older models. so though its pure business, they r not winning loyal customers..........

but who cares...........!!!

Guest highjack89
i totally agree

you r on the spot mate, that is why i call htc crappy. we hero owners made htc so succeful & now htc has turned its back to us.

apple doesnt do that to its older models. so though its pure business, they r not winning loyal customers..........

but who cares...........!!!

Well, some care. But all this whining about HTC isn't quite fair too. What HTC is doing makes complete sense. When you launch a new product, you don't immediatly shoot it by launching the same capabilities to the, almost identical, older product.

Guest venturerider

HTC is under no obligation to produce an update for the Hero. Period.

That being said, what attracted me to Android is the possibility of rooting the device and loading custom ROMs on it. What I paid for mostly is a hardware platform. What attracted me to the Hero is that, in my experience, HTC makes some of the best hardware out there. I'm getting my money's worth so far.

As Android continues to evolve, you can be pretty certain that the Hero will be phased out of HTC's release cycle for future upgrades. That's life.

Guest Dan Mullen
HTC is under no obligation to produce an update for the Hero. Period.

That being said, what attracted me to Android is the possibility of rooting the device and loading custom ROMs on it. What I paid for mostly is a hardware platform. What attracted me to the Hero is that, in my experience, HTC makes some of the best hardware out there. I'm getting my money's worth so far.

As Android continues to evolve, you can be pretty certain that the Hero will be phased out of HTC's release cycle for future upgrades. That's life.

+1