Will tethering cost extra?

Guest FrustratedOne

Guest FrustratedOne

I am currently using an Unlocked Nexus One with a TMobile Even More Plus data plan (500 minutes voice, unlimited text, unlimited data) -- will this ever change? Will I get charged extra for tethering, for instance?

Guest houstonblaney1
I am currently using an Unlocked Nexus One with a TMobile Even More Plus data plan (500 minutes voice, unlimited text, unlimited data) -- will this ever change? Will I get charged extra for tethering, for instance?

If you keep it within reason, you probably won't get charged. If your data usage spikes from 1-2GB per month all the way up to 5-10+GB, there's definitely a chance T-Mobile might be knocking on your door (or send you a nice letter, or call you, or they might just plain hunt you down...).

Guest Jonnyw2k

T-Mobile Uk? I have never been charged for going over with them, I've had a few friendly letters saying "Your are allowed 3GB you have used 7.2GB if this usage continues then we will reduce your service or force you to upgrade to Web n Walk max" and a new thing theyve done is introduced a new thing where you can only view webpages once you go over your allowence. (IE no downloads, no youtube, no etc...) and the speed is SLOWWW

Guest FrustratedOne
If you keep it within reason, you probably won't get charged. If your data usage spikes from 1-2GB per month all the way up to 5-10+GB, there's definitely a chance T-Mobile might be knocking on your door (or send you a nice letter, or call you, or they might just plain hunt you down...).

How can I check my usage thus far (I don't have a contract)?

Guest houstonblaney1
How can I check my usage thus far (I don't have a contract)?

Does T-Mobile offer "detailed billing"? I'm assuming they do since most (if not all) carriers typically charge some small BS fee for the service. If your current bill doesn't give you monthly usage totals for data, perhaps you'll need to upgrade to detailed billing (if that's even an option). I personally have no idea whether or not you'll get that information on a T-Mobile bill. I have at&t so I can't say with any degree of certainty if detailed billing with T-Mobile would include data usage (however, I'd be surprised if it wasn't included). You might have to call T-Mobile Customer Service for this information.