Nexus One Car Dock Official from Google!!!

Guest eljamz

Guest eljamz

Well if you guys didnt know yet, Google just release the official Car Dock... its a little expensive ($55) but anyway, its the only one to charge and hold our beloveds Nexus.

car_dock.jpg

from the help in google:

The Nexus One Car Dock is the perfect place to put your phone when you're in the car. In addition to holding your Nexus One, the car dock also charges your phone’s battery, lets you use your phone handsfree, and provides easier access to voice and navigation apps.

The dock’s built-in speakers and volume controls also enhance the in-car music and media experience. And the Car Home app, which loads automatically, makes it easy to access Maps and Navigation, Voice Search, Contacts, and Music.

You can mount the dock on the windshield or dashboard, and it ships with an adhesive disc that lets you attach it to a textured surface as well. The dock comes with a charger to fit into your car’s 12V utility socket, and the holder can rotate for flexible orientation.

Learn more about the Car Home app.

source: http://www.google.com/phone

Edited by eljamz

Guest AndyCr15

Well it's not the only one to do so, I've had a Brodit for quite some time now and personally I think the Brodit one looks a lot better than that... I'm rather disappointed by that tbh. It looks like something I would bid £6 for on eBay...

Guest Jonnyw2k

Product + Shipping

Total:

$84.65

which is roughly £55, does google think we're insane? Espicially when most cars come equipped with bluetooth enabled stereos these days.

Edit: Sorry forgot the 17.5% VAT which is about £9.50 + Duty if it applies another £4 ish

So £70 for that pfffftttt

Edited by Jonnyw2k

Guest daisun

I'd like to get this but, I read that it uses Bluetooth to connect to the dock. I'd like to use the dock to charge and hold the phone but use the Bluetooth to connect to my cars stereo. Is it possible to only use it to hold and charge and not connect the Bluetooth? Ie. Don't use the speaker phone feature?

Guest Jonnyw2k
It also prompts you to set whether you want to use the dock as a speakerphone and to play music and other audio.

Hope that helps seems a bit vague to me though lol

Guest daisun
..Is it possible to only use it to hold and charge and not connect the Bluetooth? Ie. Don't use the speaker phone feature?

I guess I could just not pair the phone with the dock and make it auto connect to the car instead. Assuming the dock doesn't force the phone to only connect to it when plugged in. I guess i'll have to wait until some people get their hands on it and see if they can connect bluetooth headsets.