WiFi woes

Guest thenext1

Guest thenext1

Hi all

I have a problem with the WiFi connection on my phone.

After 1-2 days the WiFi router (D-Link DSL-2740B) is powered on, the Liquid will connect but is no longer able to browse anything.

Before i had just updated the router's firmware, the phone worked but it'd took tooooooo long to get an IP address, failing multiple times and ultimamtely requiring me to re-try 3-4 times before it worked.

Since my router works with a broad range of devices I've tested, including many phones and all wifi'ed game consoles, this is a very specific incompatibility (guess what!).

I'm asking if someone has ever encountered this problem.

thanks in advance

Guest Down to earth Swede
Hi all

I have a problem with the WiFi connection on my phone.

After 1-2 days the WiFi router (D-Link DSL-2740B) is powered on, the Liquid will connect but is no longer able to browse anything.

Before i had just updated the router's firmware, the phone worked but it'd took tooooooo long to get an IP address, failing multiple times and ultimamtely requiring me to re-try 3-4 times before it worked.

Since my router works with a broad range of devices I've tested, including many phones and all wifi'ed game consoles, this is a very specific incompatibility (guess what!).

I'm asking if someone has ever encountered this problem.

thanks in advance

I do have a dlink router that works as a second router in my home and used to connect to it with my liquid to begin with. But, as you said, it did take a long time to establish a connection to it(even though mine is just a DI-524). When I switched to the SSID on my main router-dslmodem I noticed that the liquid established a connection almost instantly with no problems at all, so maybe there is a problem with the d-link routers with the liquid?

Maybe you could try to switch to another type of encryption to see if it helps? You could also try to use a different wireless channel for your access point. And change the channel width, if possible.

And under the advanced settings for wireless you have a bunch of stuff that you could try experiment with (write down the default settings though, otherwise you will have to do a reset for the router, if it can't be done on the local page).

And check the system log of the router, but before that turn off any other device that access the router, wired or wireless(so they don't clog up the log).

And then check what the log says when your liqiud is using the router.

But my experience with d-link in general is that they are crap, at least at wireless. Mine is only used for the wired stuff.

Guest thenext1
I do have a dlink router that works as a second router in my home and used to connect to it with my liquid to begin with. But, as you said, it did take a long time to establish a connection to it(even though mine is just a DI-524). When I switched to the SSID on my main router-dslmodem I noticed that the liquid established a connection almost instantly with no problems at all, so maybe there is a problem with the d-link routers with the liquid?

Maybe you could try to switch to another type of encryption to see if it helps? You could also try to use a different wireless channel for your access point. And change the channel width, if possible.

And under the advanced settings for wireless you have a bunch of stuff that you could try experiment with (write down the default settings though, otherwise you will have to do a reset for the router, if it can't be done on the local page).

And check the system log of the router, but before that turn off any other device that access the router, wired or wireless(so they don't clog up the log).

And then check what the log says when your liqiud is using the router.

But my experience with d-link in general is that they are crap, at least at wireless. Mine is only used for the wired stuff.

Thanks for your answer...

Changing the SSID I see only as a last resort because I'll have to reconfigure all my other wireless devices. Also my SSID is the plainest of all plain SSIDs, no numbers or other punctiation, only letters.

Other than that, mine is a draft N router that worked perfectly with all wifi devices, ranging from tens of laptops, to a nintendo wii, ds, sony psp, many apple iphones, and my previous phones (htc s740, hero, htc universal, i-mates, etc).

I've already tried using WPA and not WPA2 but that deosn't matter. Changed the channel from 11 to 6 .

Settings in the Advanced wireless page are already the most conservative ones, I've actually enabled some geek features (liek "xpress technology" and the like).

I will see.

Anyway this is strange because the DSL 2740B and our Liquids both have a wireless chipset from Broadcom (bcm4321 the former, bcm4325 the latter).

I hope Acer has bundled an updated wifi driver with 2.1 roms...

Guest Down to earth Swede
Thanks for your answer...

Changing the SSID I see only as a last resort because I'll have to reconfigure all my other wireless devices. Also my SSID is the plainest of all plain SSIDs, no numbers or other punctiation, only letters.

Other than that, mine is a draft N router that worked perfectly with all wifi devices, ranging from tens of laptops, to a nintendo wii, ds, sony psp, many apple iphones, and my previous phones (htc s740, hero, htc universal, i-mates, etc).

I've already tried using WPA and not WPA2 but that deosn't matter. Changed the channel from 11 to 6 .

Settings in the Advanced wireless page are already the most conservative ones, I've actually enabled some geek features (liek "xpress technology" and the like).

I will see.

Anyway this is strange because the DSL 2740B and our Liquids both have a wireless chipset from Broadcom (bcm4321 the former, bcm4325 the latter).

I hope Acer has bundled an updated wifi driver with 2.1 roms...

When I said I changed SSD I meant from the SSD on my d-link to accessing to the SSD on my main Router/DSLmodem. No use of changing the SSD on your router, the problem will still be the same(probably).

Strange problem, as you said....You shouldn't have to buy another wireless access point just for your Liquid....

Guest Borkata

It is in D-LINK I think :P I have such in my home (same model :() and have same difficulties to connect to it from time to time.

Guest thenext1
It is in D-LINK I think :( I have such in my home (same model :() and have same difficulties to connect to it from time to time.

I hope... you are wrong B)

I love my D-Link ;)

Let's wait for other opinions (or for the final 2.1 ROM, isn't it acer? :P )