[ROM][LiquidE] Back to Basic - 2.00r1 - 1.0

Guest Quipeace

Guest Quipeace

Introduction

Here's my latest project, it's a rom based on eViL's work that is geared towards people who like to have their phone as clean as possible.

The rom is completely stripped down, but phone and market functionality is still intact, therefore you can install applications that you really need without wasting space on applications that you would never have used anyway. The goal is to release a clean as possible rom without breaking basic phone functionality.

As this rom is based on Evil Eclair it suffers from the same bugs, eViL D: is an active developer and updates his roms frequently. I will try to minimize the lag between his release and a barebone release. Depending on your response I'll continue this project.

post-662217-1270665545_thumb.pngpost-662217-1270665554_thumb.png

Packages

The rom consists of one core package, with optional update packages that you can use to install basic functionality, like Text to Speach, Live wallpapers, and applications like Calendar and DeskClock. Standalone applications can be found on the link below, as well as the packages

B2BLiquid.4shared.com

Remember, if you want to install specific applications from the packages below, they can all be found on the URL above.

Package names follow the following format:

B2B_EvilEclair#_Package_B2B#

B2B_2.00r1_Core_1.0

FLASH ON "Acer_LiquidE_0.008.06_EMEA_GEN" ONLY

Core applications, do not delete apps as that can result in loss of functionality.

The camera app has a dedicated button, but is not strictly nessesary, please let me know if you think it should be in the core package.

Nexus boot animation
B2B_2.00r1_Basic_1.0
Sync settings

Bluetooth

Calculator

Calendar

Camera

DeskClock (and clock widget)

Email

Gallery3D

GlobalSearch (Web search)

Gmail

Music

Talk

Youtube
B2B_2.00r1_LiveWallpapers_1.0
LiveWallpapers

LiveWallpapersPicker

MagicSmokeWallpapers

Mode10Wallpapers

VisualizationWallpapers
B2B_2.00r1_Accessibility_1.0
KickBack

SoundBack

TalkBack (Requires Text to Speech?)
B2B_2.00r1_TTS_1.0
PicoTts

TtsService
B2B_2.00r1_Performance_1.0
AutoKiller

SetCPU
How to install
Installing core package

- Flash latest LiquidE bin from Acer

- Place .zip on the root of your SD card

- flash malezRecovery (stickied)

- reboot to recovery (adb reboot recovery/button combination)- 

- wipe menu -> Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik

- flash menu -> Flash zip from sdcard

Installing update packages

- Place .zip on the root of your SD card

- reboot to recovery

- Flash menu -> Flash zip from sdcard

Installing applications

- adb remount

- adb push APP.apk /system/app

OR

- adb instal APP.apk

Removing applications

- adb remount

- adb shell rm /system/app/APP.apk

Suggestions, questions and constructive criticism are welcome, this is my first ROM and there's still a lot to learn :P. All packages are tested by me.

Many thanks to eViL D: for answering my questions :(

Edited by Quipeace

Guest Unneoetech

Why the Nexus bootscreen if you want to keep it clean? I know it's not that hard to modify but doesn't clean mean as close to ASOP?

Guest Quipeace
Why the Nexus bootscreen if you want to keep it clean? I know it's not that hard to modify but doesn't clean mean as close to ASOP?

Because that was what I had already available. With clean I meant a good start to install your own applications so you're not stuck with applications like Talk that you won't use anyway. Yes you can rm them from system/app but they will still take up the space even after that.

I can't seem to find the AOSP bootscreen, so I'll look for it and depending on what others say I'll replace the nexus one version, so I won't keep switching back and forth.

The bootscreen takes 2MB ( :P ) so leaving it all out would be even cleaner ^^

interesting idea for sure. might actually try it though i favor barebones over bloated roms

Same here :(

EDIT: 13 core packages have been downloaded now, anyone got any suggestions?

Edited by Quipeace