i908 ZUIF2 vs. XBIJ1 JN Foundation ROM's

Guest jo-the-ripper

Guest JCB01

I am using an I900 and after installing the Garmin app I had to change com port 4 to 3 to get it to work. After the Garmin started I do not see any graphics like roads or names but just a black screen. The funny thing is my Omnia picks up the satelites real quick and still no roads or any detail in the map.

The link to download the default garmin settings does not work.

Can you please help.

Anybody who can help with the cab file please. :huh:

Edited by JCB01

Guest ebsbow
buddy i like your roms so much...

i had an omnia but i lost it last month...

Dear can you suggest me which phone shud i buy OMNIA i900 or samsung JET s8000 ??

both are available in same price...

i am a bit confused... :P

thnx...

Hmmm, i900 or an jet s8000 thats an difficult one. Hmmm

:huh:

Guest andrew.mazlim

My neighbor had them both; there are cons & pros. From what he told me, I'm staying with my i900 (not upgrading to OmniaII).

That's my opinion, of course.

Guest ebsbow
My neighbor had them both; there are cons & pros. From what he told me, I'm staying with my i900 (not upgrading to OmniaII).

That's my opinion, of course.

I was considering the Omnia II too( still am a little bit), but only for the lager screen resolution.

Always had HTC but there is nothing that suits me right now, HD2 to big. To big for me.

Sony Ericksson is looking like there going to do something interessting though.

Loved the P800 and P9xx, but they lost me with the P990 smaller screen..

Guest IulianSz

Hi, i was tryin to install the Neo Titanium Le Diable ROM, everything is ok, only the home screen doesn`t apear, the buttons in the botom of the screen, and SMS doesn`t work? what should i do?

Guest Rebels
Hi, i was tryin to install the Neo Titanium Le Diable ROM, everything is ok, only the home screen doesn`t apear, the buttons in the botom of the screen, and SMS doesn`t work? what should i do?

I've been using that for 4/5 days already without any issues at all, just hard reset man and wait till it says installation complete enjoy bla bla. the rom itself is cool and i haven't encounterd any bugs till now...

Guest Radek Z

Now GPRS it's work. But facebook and youtube always don't have connect. Plis going to find me a any solution

Edited by Radek Z

Guest Dmitri Kiselev

Dear Krazy & Jo! What's wrong with the file system in Omnia?

Yesterday I tried to fix some German in file WiFiNetwork.exe ("W-LAN Networks" dialog window in Comm Manager) with binary editor. Fisrt I copied WiFiNetwork.exe to My Storage, and then I copied it to my PC to open it in binary editor.

Then I found theese text labels in .exe file (W-LAN Netzwerke, Zurück, Erweitert and so on), replaced it to English and saved the file.

Then I put the file back to Omnia, replaced the original file and tried to start it. Omnia beeped and nothing else happened. Si I had to do hard reset. :P

I continued my experiments after reflashing. I decided to simplify it and just copied file WiFiNetwork.exe to My Storage again, then I tried to start it from there. Again Omnia beeped and nothing else happened. File did not run. Then I renamed it somehow (WiFiNetworks.exe, for example) and put it back to Windows folder. I tried to run the renamed file but no success! Even though it was not changed! And the original file still runs well.

What did I do wrong? Is there a file copy protection or something?

Yesterday I asked you how to remove apps' labels in Manila's Launcher. I found some keys in Registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila2D\Launcher). There are 32 folders which are containing Registry keys associated with apps in Manila's Launcher:

DispName - app's name;

IconPath - path to an app's icon that puts into app's button;

Path - path to app's .exe file;

Type - I can't understand what it is need for :huh:

UpTime - date and time when application was assigned with that button.

So I tried to clear (not to delete!) the first Registry key (DispName) but nothing happened. Cleared key stays cleared till soft-reset, and it appears again then.

How to solve it?

Edited by Dmitri Kiselev

Guest andrew.mazlim

K.Radd & rest... I found something odd with G-Carbon rom.

If I leave it (my i900) as it is, there's no problem. If I'm installing an application, any application, I'm witness in a strange, very odd issue: The time I set for backlight/power (when my i900 to go for "sleep mode") is CHANGED by ITSELF to... 3 or more minutes, from the 30 sec I set it!!!!!!!!

Why's that????

I'm keep setting it, after ANY new app's instalation!

Guest Sámson

Hi!

It's a great looking ROM, but the messaging system doesn't work. Why? Is there any settings I forgot or haven't seen? Please help! Thxxx

Guest andrew.mazlim
Hi!

It's a great looking ROM, but the messaging system doesn't work. Why? Is there any settings I forgot or haven't seen? Please help! Thxxx

Meaning? Can't send or receive messages?

Guest Dmitri Kiselev
Is there any settings I forgot or haven't seen?

Hi! What do you have in here? Go to Settings -> Personal -> Phone, then activate the "Services" tab, then select an "Voice Mail and Text Messages" and press the button "Get Settings" below. What do you see in "Text messages service center" field?

You cannot send or receive any text messages if this field is blank. I have this field filled by my operator's service center number, and it works great! I can send and receive text messages (I've verified it few minutes ago).

And what ROM do you have in your Omnia?

Edited by Dmitri Kiselev

Guest Dmitri Kiselev

2 Andrew: Hi friend! I have the same problem with turning the screen off too!

But it's a little different: yesterday I changed the settings of S2U2, so it never locks the device when the backlight is off.

But I faced with such a problem: my device never turns the screen off! Even though the turn-off timeout is set to 1 minute (On Battery Power: Turn off device if device is not used for 1 minute)! I don't know what to do to solve it.

Edited by Dmitri Kiselev

Guest andrew.mazlim
2 Andrew: Hi friend! I have the same problem with turning the screen off too!

But it's a little different: yesterday I changed the settings of S2U2, so it never locks the device when the backlight is off.

But I faced with such a problem: my device never turns the screen off! Even though the turn-off timeout is set to 1 minute (On Battery Power: Turn off device if device is not used for 1 minute)! I don't know what to do to solve it.

It's not about the S2U2; it's about the system (Windows) themself! The system's settings are "changing" themselves, in Settings>System>Power... There, I'm changing the time set when my device I want to go for "sleep", but... somehow, that's "changing" by itself!

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest Dmitri Kiselev

I think the cause is somewhere in system. S2U2 doesn't affect the system power settings.

So I have only one temporary solution: "sleep" the device by S2U2 lock. It only works if power-off timeout in S2U2 settings is set. My timeout is 5 seconds after lock.

Guest andrew.mazlim
I think the cause is somewhere in system. S2U2 doesn't affect the system power settings.

So I have only one temporary solution: "sleep" the device by S2U2 lock. It only works if power-off timeout in S2U2 settings is set. My timeout is 5 seconds after lock.

I think, "Obi-one" (K.R.) may take a look on that.

EDIT:

The problem doesn't change. After any soft reset, the Power (battery) settings are "turning back": 10minutes & 30minutes, in the first tab!!!

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest Dmitri Kiselev
10minutes & 30minutes, in the first tab!!!

Do you mean this?

I have maximum 5 minutes at both of comboboxes.

post-561522-1272887762_thumb.png

Guest andrew.mazlim
Do you mean this?

I have maximum 5 minutes at both of comboboxes.

Yes, that's it. I'm setting it LIKE your screen capture and... it "changed" by itself (after every soft-reset)!!!

Guest Sámson
Hi! What do you have in here? Go to Settings -> Personal -> Phone, then activate the "Services" tab, then select an "Voice Mail and Text Messages" and press the button "Get Settings" below. What do you see in "Text messages service center" field?

You cannot send or receive any text messages if this field is blank. I have this field filled by my operator's service center number, and it works great! I can send and receive text messages (I've verified it few minutes ago).

And what ROM do you have in your Omnia?

I've the latest i908 M2D carbon (apr 24.) with PUJA1 phone. It seems there's no outlook box in the phone. I tried pimbackup and haven't found any box on the phone.

Guest andrew.mazlim

I hope K.Radd to take a long look for a couple of pages back to this one and try to help us.

(I don't know why these issue to me, never came up during the first days I ported the G-Carbon v2 rom!)

Guest Sámson
2 Samson: Look at this screenshot. And how about you?

Just like in your screen with my own country code and the provider number.

Guest X-pro
I've the latest i908 M2D carbon (apr 24.) with PUJA1 phone. It seems there's no outlook box in the phone. I tried pimbackup and haven't found any box on the phone.

I'm running the same version and mine has outlook inbox. You can choose start>email and there you should see 2 post, one named message and one named outlook. If you don't have that do a hard reset. If it's there change operator for 30 sek and then change it back. Omnia retrieves it's info from the cell net so it's probably some setting in the phone and that is corrected with operator change

Guest Snakez666
Yes, that's it. I'm setting it LIKE your screen capture and... it "changed" by itself (after every soft-reset)!!!

I have no problems with it. can soft reset as much as i want. but will keep my settings :huh: Using this rom for more then a week now. Didn't get any errors, al works fine with where i use the phone for. And still very very happy with it. best rom i used so far :blink: Also best looking. K.Radd you are the NR.1 chefcook for me !!!! :P