FM Radio ?

Guest skitbra8934

Guest Down to earth Swede
is there any possibility to activate radio on the liquid?

whats the chip in it and could it be possible?

No, no FM-radio in the Liquid hardware.

When you write only "radio" , it could also mean the receiver for GSM/3G...And of course it has that!

Edited by Down to earth Swede

Guest Borkata

Chip is BCM4325 same like the Cliq. It is not inpossible for sure :P since Eugene has enabled it on Moto Cliq :( but there is no clue on how he did it.

Have you seen anywhere already enabled radio - Nexus One or Motorola Droid?

Chip is BCM4325 same like the Cliq. It is not inpossible for sure :P since Eugene has enabled it on Moto Cliq :( but there is no clue on how he did it.

Have you seen anywhere already enabled radio - Nexus One or Motorola Droid?

That was surprising, thought the specs for it was the actuall hardware specs and it says "no fm radio"!

You live and learn!

Edit : Checking the hardware spec for the cliq, under technology, and it also shows no fm-radio.

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Co...CLIQ-US-EN.alt#

Are you sure that the "Eugene fellow" you talked about had it actually working? Any links?

Edited by Down to earth Swede

Guest Borkata

The Broadcom chip has FM radio receiver in it along with wifi and bluetooth. Problem is that neither Motorola nor Acer has taken advantage of it and has implemented drivers. On the other hand LG has same chip in their Eve and has drivers and application for it. Eugene has tried to port LG Eve rom to Cliq and this way hi managed to achieve some progress on enabling radio (in fact hi found it this way).

Nexus One has BCM4329 chip, which also has FM radio receiver and also FM transmitter :( but Google not made it work too :P

It would be awesome if Acer write the drivers, i miss FM radio on a smartphone!

It would be more of a cool thing, but I don't miss FM-radio..

I have it on my Creative Zen (mp3-player) and it is awful when you move around. To listen to streamed radio works much better with no interference or lost signal when you move. I just love the winamp app, Droidlive and the stations I usually listen to otherwise (which is not often) have their own apps already for android. And we will have flash soon too...

Guest mmkim

amm.......

Acer liquid cpu can use FM radio.

but.......... no driver to support !!

because no one write it. ;)

it seem.....Acer ;) ..........The liquid E maybe have FM radio or not ! ;)

Guest kenelm

There's a rumor about FM radio support for Nexus One in the next update,

as Liquid and Nexus One use the same chip (QSD8250),

there's possibility that we could extract the driver for the FM module and app from Nexus One!

Guest Borkata
There's a rumor about FM radio support for Nexus One in the next update,

as Liquid and Nexus One use the same chip (QSD8250),

there's possibility that we could extract the driver for the FM module and app from Nexus One!

Radio is not in CPU chip, but in Broadcom chip containing Wifi and Bluetooth ;) And our chip is different than the one in Nexus One ;)

Guest kenelm
Radio is not in CPU chip, but in Broadcom chip containing Wifi and Bluetooth ;) And our chip is different than the one in Nexus One ;)

Oh! I just found out that Liquid uses Broadcom BCM4325 while Nexus One uses BCM4329.

Our chip still comes with the FM transmitter, but we don't have the driver...;)

Guest Borkata
Oh! I just found out that Liquid uses Broadcom BCM4325 while Nexus One uses BCM4329.

Our chip still comes with the FM transmitter, but we don't have the driver...;)

No transmitter in ours ;) only FM receiver. Nexus one has both.

Guest linuxluver
It would be awesome if Acer write the drivers, i miss FM radio on a smartphone!

I haven't listened to ANY FM radio for years.

Where I live it is all commercial garbage with too many advertisements and just bad music I don't like (rap, hiphop, whiney singers squeaking like someone stepped on them) .....or old music I'm sick of hearing over and over.

Edited by linuxluver

Guest 7G HK
It would be more of a cool thing, but I don't miss FM-radio..

I have it on my Creative Zen (mp3-player) and it is awful when you move around. To listen to streamed radio works much better with no interference or lost signal when you move. I just love the winamp app, Droidlive and the stations I usually listen to otherwise (which is not often) have their own apps already for android. And we will have flash soon too...

I also have Zen, the FM receive is bad because the wrong design of circuits.

The problem is similar to Acer NeoTouch's GPS.

the control pin of 3.5mm socket should not be shorted to GND , but it can't be avoid if you use standard earphones, so if you don't have remote control, just cut the control pin, FM receive will be fine!

the control pin is the extra pin for 4-points 3.5mm jack comparing to standard 3-points jack.

Edited by 7G HK