JD1 ROM is available at Samsung_Mobile_Firmware_Downloader!Mirrors are appreciate!!!

Guest kydkylin

Guest sinancetinkaya
sinan do you think to make ulite of this rom?

I already made one, I disabled everything and I have 109 mb free ram although it's wm6.5, unbelievable! I like this build, thanks Samsung ;)

(Disabled dialer, chome. Used default today. 8 mb pagepool etc)

4508398187_070a6dcd22_o.jpg

Edited by sinancetinkaya

Guest speedfrog
I already made one, I disabled everything and I have 109 mb free ram although it's wm6.5, unbelievable! I like this build, thanks Samsung ;)

(Disabled dialer, chome. Used default today. 8 mb pagepool etc)

will you share it? ;)

Guest speedfrog
Not yet,

I have to do some tests, have to make cabs of programs that I removed, you know

you dont have to make cabs for all, because twu2 has made cabs for almost everyone from the JD1 rom

Guest garyfl

correct me if im wrong but the sound clarity andd volume in this rom is exceptional

also the open gl drivers seem to have been brushed up, any one done benchmark tests to confirm ? asphalt seems smooth also crazy karts, although crayon physics is the same. ish.

Guest sinancetinkaya
you dont have to make cabs for all, because twu2 has made cabs for almost everyone from the JD1 rom

He's doing a great job but his cabs may not work on my build. We use a bit different way to find out related files. If he didn't put a file that I removed into his cab, his cab won't work.

I don't want users to have any trouble. Be patient, I believe that cookers will make their JD1 builds soon. Either way I'll share my build in few days(I think)

Guest wakeupneo
correct me if im wrong but the sound clarity andd volume in this rom is exceptional

also the open gl drivers seem to have been brushed up, any one done benchmark tests to confirm ? asphalt seems smooth also crazy karts, although crayon physics is the same. ish.

SPB MS Carousel seems to be better too, compared to my WM6.1 experiences at least.

Guest sinancetinkaya

I checked them, they're same the old ones

Guest knimlot

I love this ROM and I have one question regarding a problem I'm having. I cannot add photo into my contacts, whenever I chose a photo from my collection and add them as caller ID, it only shows the search contact menu BUT without displaying any contacts at all. Does anyone have a solution to this problem ? Thanks in advance.

Guest garyfl
I checked them, they're same the old ones

just goes to show though the power of this phone to say theve only done minor changes its made amassive difference.

any one noticed the camera app change ? different layout in icons also macro now zooms closer and image quality has now improved.

Guest sinancetinkaya
nope, still not done ...

I had this issue too. I had to unplug my pda, then I selected only pda, Erase CSC. flashing eboot once is enough, don't reflash it again.

Guest khomen
I had this issue too. I had to unplug my pda, then I selected only pda, Erase CSC. flashing eboot once is enough, don't reflash it again.

can you please explain what exactly you did ??

it continues after reboot ;)

ty

Guest sinancetinkaya
can you please explain what exactly you did ??

it continues after reboot ;)

ty

Well, if your device was stuck while language setup (not eboot!!!)

unplug your device

remove the battery

dump PDA_I8000NXXJD1.nb0 from PDA_I8000NXXJD1_HW_40.MST (it's a bit complicated if you don't know)

open Octans select PDA_I8000NXXJD1.nb0 as pda. Then select erase CSC(at least I did so)

Reflash your pda again

Guest speedfrog

which pagetool do you have in the ultra lite rom your coocking sinancetinkaya?

will you make pagetool patch? or can we use Twu2`s patch or Gary`s patch?

Edited by speedfrog

Guest khomen
Well, if your device was stuck while language setup (not eboot!!!)

unplug your device

remove the battery

dump PDA_I8000NXXJD1.nb0 from PDA_I8000NXXJD1_HW_40.MST (it's a bit complicated if you don't know)

open Octans select PDA_I8000NXXJD1.nb0 as pda. Then select erase CSC(at least I did so)

Reflash your pda again

just flashed it with the help of another csc ))

Guest NewForce
A known XTRA bug. even by edit the registry, it can download through GPRS. but still worked differently then JC1 and all the previous ROM. Normally when you run any GPS program with XTRA enabled. it will connected to GPRS which made the fix very fast, but this version not worked this way.

JD1 was better page rendering then the previous 6.5.3 within the current page. previously version some program bottom menu was covered by the thick bottom bar. Some program without the X buttom so I need to used the hardware end buttom to exit. Now I backed to JC1_Euro already.

Previously I've flashed JD1 rom with Eboot/PDA/Phone and use Singapore JA2 CSC, it had trouble of Chinese dispaly/input and others.

Now I've reflashed again with all 4 parts from this JD1 rom, Eboot/CSC/PDA/Phone and it worked like a charm.

No more Chnese display issue. You'll need to installed PLUM and Moakey sip for Chinese input.

XTRA/GPRS/3.5G connected immediately and GPS apps satellites lock-on almost instantly.

Edited by NewForce

Guest Michael Pang
Previously I've flashed JD1 rom with Eboot/PDA/Phone and use Singapore JA2 CSC, it had trouble of Chinese dispaly/input and others.

Now I've reflashed again with all 4 parts from this JD1 rom, Eboot/CSC/PDA/Phone and it worked like a charm.

No more Chnese display issue. You'll need to installed PLUM and Moakey sip for Chinese input.

XTRA/GPRS/3.5G connected immediately and GPS apps satellites lock-on almost instantly.

does your PlumSIP has display issue with the wm6.5.3 bottom bar (which is thicker than normal).

cheers

Guest kydkylin
1) How can we bypass the rom's incoming call screen and use the s2u2's ?????????? , which is full screen ??????

with the rom's incoming call screen the buttons can be pressed anyway, they don't lock !!!!

2) I noticed a bug : when changig from vibration to normal sounds , the phone loses the parameters, always the ring volume is 0 !!!!!!!

1)As AndrewTan says:The new incoming call screen only appear when your phone is unlock. It switch back to default WM screen which you need to slide to answer when screen is lock. They is no way you will accidently pressed when incoming call is coming. Unless you never use the screen lock.

2)Yes,I did noticed this once.But now I use holding the volume down hardware button to change between vibration and ring,the volume will stay the same.

Is it possible to get Samsung Main Menu (smooth one) to work with this ROM?

I think the only way is to install it if there's a cab or in some cooked rom.

OK, I've just flashed the ROM and I just can say that I feel very comfortable with it, But there's one problem and I would liketo know if someone can help me to solve it. When I am using the XT9 keyboard (texting), sometimes it loses the predictive function, I mean, it's like you tap the words but the predictive screen that let you see the multiple options for you to choose dissapear at all, so you just get the words in the screen but no options to choose.

Any idea on how to solve it?

I have had this problem in others ROMS, so I stayed in the JB1, but I would like to upgrade to 6.5.3

Yes,I also found this. Maybe installing another input like Swype is a good idear.

Does anyone know , how we can change the wallpaper ( image) of the lock screen ??????

I think there is a thread in here somewhere , but don't know where exactly.

Thanks

I don't know exactly.Hope somebody else would help you.

Very nice rom except some issue.

I have problem with error of contact list. when I open phonebook, error occured and error report come out. after that contact list doesn't work well..

anyone has same problem?

Guest kydkylin
i have strange problem, recived massages (sms) are dated yesterday, so the samsung message chat is messed up.. does any one had trouble with that ?

I don't have this problem after flash all the 4 parts and setting the region.

Thank you for the excellent ROM kydkylin! Im having problems using the keyboard can anyone tell me why the letter doesnt appear when i press it on the keyboard when sending a text?

I don't have this problem.But the prediction function,meaning when you type only one letter ,it shows the word with the letter to predict what you want to type, seems gone away.

Where can I find the photo folder filter in the photoalbum? I did not see any similar menu to that.

Open the photo album programe,at Menu-Filter-Select Folder

I love this ROM and I have one question regarding a problem I'm having. I cannot add photo into my contacts, whenever I chose a photo from my collection and add them as caller ID, it only shows the search contact menu BUT without displaying any contacts at all. Does anyone have a solution to this problem ? Thanks in advance.

Seems it's OK as AndrewTan shows in the screenshots...

Correct me if I'm wrong~ ;)