JD1 ROM is available at Samsung_Mobile_Firmware_Downloader!Mirrors are appreciate!!!

Guest kydkylin

Guest thegunners
hav u flashed without the bundled CSC?

if u have not flash with this CSC, the volume control got problem.

i flashed using all bundled file from this rom, and just now doing a hard reset for the 2nd time

from fresh reboot the volume problem still happen. ;)

Guest puga74
i flashed using all bundled file from this rom, and just now doing a hard reset for the 2nd time

from fresh reboot the volume problem still happen. ;)

I have the same problem. I already did a hard reset 3X the problem still exists. I reflashed and did a hard reset, still there. Seems to be a hard bug.

Guest kaizer hanz

Thx for the ROM, very-very good, :P ( I know still have little bugs like GPS Extra, and others..) ;)

now - Photo Album can Filter the folder. (i like this so much..) ;)

- Open Youtube via opera (Youtube Mobile version) can playing video with integrated streaming player (not play in opera) :P

- @ Lockscreen now with Operator Logo ( @ left up corner)

- GPRS Counter work very well :P

- little bit faster

- stable

- and much more... :P :P

once again thx you so much... I hope some day SAMSUNG can Release new firmware including native OpenGL 2.0 driver... ;) :P

Guest thegunners

has anyone tested the modified taskbar for 6.5.x?

also it doesn't work, installing the modified taskbar will screw the taskbar and start menu icon.

attachment.php?attachmentid=307266&stc=1&d=1270947770

Edited by thegunners

Guest IceSpec
Thx for the ROM, very-very good, :P ( I know still have little bugs like GPS Extra, and others..) ;)

now - Photo Album can Filter the folder. (i like this so much..) ;)

- Open Youtube via opera (Youtube Mobile version) can playing video with integrated streaming player (not play in opera) :P

- @ Lockscreen now with Operator Logo ( @ left up corner)

- GPRS Counter work very well :P

- little bit faster

- stable

- and much more... :P :P

once again thx you so much... I hope some day SAMSUNG can Release new firmware including native OpenGL 2.0 driver... ;) :P

One problem i realise is the latest version of s2u2 dun work on this firmwork. In coming call dun not display in slide to answer but back to samsung default.

Guest xenothrix
this is not intermiten, and happen only with JD1, at least in my Omnia.

let me make a clear the scenario, while in RINGER/normal profile (system and ring phone in level 5)

1. tap the volume icon in taskbar

post-168873-1271057320_thumb.png

2. tap the system volume icon once to get vibrate profile

post-168873-1271057332_thumb.png

3. tap again the same icon twice to go back to ringer profile, system volume back to level 5

post-168873-1271057348_thumb.png

4. check the ring volume, in my phone, the volume is ZERO (where it should be level 5)

post-168873-1271057356_thumb.png

just flashed to JD1 and tried the mentioned problem right away. not there. do a hard-reset, also not there.

so i guess could be an isolated case. i just did a flash from IJ9 to JD1 and restored content with PIMbackup.

something i m curious is, i dont hv any important files in My Storage prior to flashing. However i do notice there were a few folders when i was on IJ9. Now those folders r not there anymore.

2. if i change to black theme, certain menus top bars (below the clock bar) will show words in black colour. i wonder which theme was i on ij9. cant remember.

notice the speed of menus r faster, smoother. will hv to play around for the next couple of days to experience it.

regarding problem with this ROM, the stock ROM for my region, IJ9, is more problematic. since IJ9 doesn't offer anything better, then JD1 is the way to go.

thanks!

Guest dani_carrabba
has anyone tested the modified taskbar for 6.5.x?

also it doesn't work, installing the modified taskbar will screw the taskbar and start menu icon.

attachment.php?attachmentid=307266&stc=1&d=1270947770

same here dude, tryin to install some android taskbar theme from the xda side with no luck, hope threre's a solution for this

Guest paranoiadk
this is not intermiten, and happen only with JD1, at least in my Omnia.

let me make a clear the scenario, while in RINGER/normal profile (system and ring phone in level 5)

1. tap the volume icon in taskbar

post-168873-1271057320_thumb.png

2. tap the system volume icon once to get vibrate profile

post-168873-1271057332_thumb.png

3. tap again the same icon twice to go back to ringer profile, system volume back to level 5

post-168873-1271057348_thumb.png

4. check the ring volume, in my phone, the volume is ZERO (where it should be level 5)

post-168873-1271057356_thumb.png

I also have this problem. I tried to flash with the embedded JD1 CSC and with a multi JB1 CSC to no avail. (I flashed with the multi because I can't have greek popups now, can I? ;)

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Also, anyone noticed that the original windows settings menu has dissappeared?

Can I bring it back?

EDIT: If it's any help to anyone, ageye.de has a great collection of software and I was able to bypass the ringer bug with their G-Profile (they're up to v1.1 now). Unfortunately it's not freeware...

Edited by paranoiadk

Guest manosandrea
I have the same problem. I already did a hard reset 3X the problem still exists. I reflashed and did a hard reset, still there. Seems to be a hard bug.

As many of us, i have this exact problem too.

So i installed G_Profile_0.75 and everything is an ok now.

Only problem is that g_profile uses about 1,3 mb ram.

On the other hand , i think this is the best rom we've ever had !!!!!!!!!!

Every rom , until now , has its bugs.This one too.But is far better, smoother, more stable , etc,etc...

Of course this is my personal opinion ( and believe me i had installed each and everyone of the ''official'' roms releashed , never used any cooked or lite one )

Guest manosandrea
One problem i realise is the latest version of s2u2 dun work on this firmwork. In coming call dun not display in slide to answer but back to samsung default.

The problem with s2u2 is that the wm 6.5.3 incoming call screen dominates ( bypasses ) on the s2u2's incoming call screen.

I liked s2u2 because of its full incoming call screen, but , now, it's gone.

S2u2, as a locker, still works fine with jd1, but, if the phone is locked ONLY with s2u2 and not with the wm default locker , when a call arrives, the phone auto unlocks itself, with the danger of the answer buttons to be pressed accidentally !!!!!!!!!!

That's why i uninstalled s2u2 and waiting for a fully 6.5.3 compatible version.

Guest KOYKOYRAS
"Once you have a message and you try to read it, the phone takes you directly to the answer screen"

may i ask whats the answer screen?

I meant the writing messages screen. Flashed it again and everything is OK for that part. Still have to delete one message category at the time and still no subtitles for the player...

Guest achugar

I have notice changes in Touch Player. Its better now but, the scrolling (in artist or album) is so slow that actually make it useful, this has been the same since first ROM i proved. Im am the onlyone who thinks that touchplayer is useful becouse of this?. (I has the cover albums in different folders with name "folder.jpg").

For me is incredible that samsung failed in creating a good player (its so much to ask?)

Thanks

Guest Del1701

Has anyone got galarm working on this rom ? when I first installed it everything worked fine but now when I open galarm the windows bottom bar gets in the way and I can't get to the galarm buttons ;)

Guest Uss_Defiant

Anyone getting an error where the keyboard dissapears from the default windows messaging app after a few uses?

Also, I am also getting a bug where after viewing a text message using the default app and pressing "ok", the top bar (in which "inbox" and "recieved" are present) dissapears for a few seconds and the phone is freezes until the bar comes back.

Any help for these issues would be great, thanks!

Guest thegunners

i found another bug, check your activesync peak times setting, only 6 days visible LoL. the button get bigger but not with the space!

Guest thegunners

i found another bug, check your activesync peak times setting, only 6 days visible LoL. the button get bigger but not with the space!

Guest wes58
Yes I saw it by using Total Commander to access it. But the problem is after copied the PowerDic.Ink frm Windows to StartMenu, the PowerDic.Ink is still not visible in My Files. I think there's a missing like icon and exact path. Only Total Commander are able to view and execute it.

Hope someone could build a cab for it.

If you open PowerDic.lnk file with text editor you will see: \BaseFolder\Programs\PowerDic2_V1\PowerDic.exe?:Active_Icon\PowerDic

This means that power Dictionary is stored in 'Hidden Partition' on 'My Storage' where backup rom .mli file is. You will find all the files for power dictionary there (I wrote about it a while ago) That's the partition that 'BaseFolder' refers to.

Guest AndrewTan
If you open PowerDic.lnk file with text editor you will see: \BaseFolder\Programs\PowerDic2_V1\PowerDic.exe?:Active_Icon\PowerDic

This means that power Dictionary is stored in 'Hidden Partition' on 'My Storage' where backup rom .mli file is. You will find all the files for power dictionary there (I wrote about it a while ago) That's the partition that 'BaseFolder' refers to.

So anyone can take it out as a cab and use it?