JD1 ROM is available at Samsung_Mobile_Firmware_Downloader!Mirrors are appreciate!!!

Guest kydkylin

Guest xkill3rprox

Hey people , is there anyway you can set the default messaging input? When ever i restart my phone, it goes to another type of keyboard instead of samsung default keyboard.

Even when i set my samsung default keyboard as the messaging input and restart it.

EDIT: I mean i can't find the option to change input methods as default. When i hold down the button of input, other options of input came out. But there isn't a option column. I can't find input methods in settings too.

help please ):

Edited by xkill3rprox

Guest AndrewTan
Hey people , is there anyway you can set the default messaging input? When ever i restart my phone, it goes to another type of keyboard instead of samsung default keyboard.

Even when i set my samsung default keyboard as the messaging input and restart it.

EDIT: I mean i can't find the option to change input methods as default. When i hold down the button of input, other options of input came out. But there isn't a option column. I can't find input methods in settings too.

help please ):

Install SIPchange and you are able to set your default keyboard.

Guest tees999

Hi,

Im new here and trying to upgrade firmware from Quattro, but I am not sure how to use the file after I already download.

Now I have got a neww ROM with ".zip.enc", but none of the program could open this file.

Could you please help.

Guest FoXMuLd3R
The new layout is not that facing and more straight forward and better.

4533649230_601c3a3243_o.png4533013949_43795ec111_o.png

Hi Buddy!

Thank very very much!!!

Yep i have the same screen with a lite version so i would understand if it was caused by the lite version or it has been changed in JD1!!

Cheers!

FoX

Does anyone know how to change the top bad icons? battery, volume, ecc

Guest thisrock

I like JD1 rom but some problems are boring! for example; I can't find "input settings". I installed cliquick but I can't change keyboard theme because it doesn't any menu. ;) please help me.

Guest problematika

it seems to be a normal... i have 1 question, can someone rotate screen to a landscape mode in MSN?! and, any solution for that?

Guest xenothrix
it seems to be a normal... i have 1 question, can someone rotate screen to a landscape mode in MSN?! and, any solution for that?

after about a week using JD1, I notice my phone tend to loose GSM signal after it went into sleep mode for some time.

it happens even more frequently when i put it near my wifi access point. possible of any mistake of settings i made?

Guest problematika

maybe, really i dont know...i dont have any problem of that nature. are u flash it with all 4 parts together? and, CAN ANYONE ROTATE SCREEN IN MSN????????

maybe, really i dont know...i dont have any problem of that nature. are u flash it with all 4 parts together? and, CAN ANYONE ROTATE SCREEN IN MSN????????

Yes, you can with the app called OrientationDetection, but if you rotate msn is useless, becouse you can't see much (only the keyboard, some icons and your partner's name), not even what you are writing.

The keyboard covers most of the screen in landscape mode, so it's sucks...

But if you have some solution for it, tell me, i would very appreciate that ;)

Edited by Yce

Guest GanjaShelter
Yes, you can with the app called OrientationDetection, but if you rotate msn is useless, becouse you can't see much (only the keyboard, some icons and your partner's name), not even what you are writing.

The keyboard covers most of the screen in landscape mode, so it's sucks...

But if you have some solution for it, tell me, i would very appreciate that ;)

does someone know from where i can get a smaler keyboard so i can use msn in landscape??

k.r.

Guest Goodge

Does anyone have a screenshot of Swype installed on this? Yes yes, I know...there's other versions...but I prefer Swype. In other 6.5.3 roms I've tried, the Swype keyboard is vertically positioned incorrectly. Can anyone else confirm or deny this on this rom? Thanks.

Guest moxadrian

I found something about volume control:

if i use samsung widgets there is a profile widget that controlos de volume and playing with it i noticed that if i go from volume on to volume off and after that vibrate, than no problem with volume control till softreset.Maybe someone figures what's happening

Edited by moxadrian

Guest thegunners
this is not intermiten, and happen only with JD1, at least in my Omnia.

let me make a clear the scenario, while in RINGER/normal profile (system and ring phone in level 5)

1. tap the volume icon in taskbar

post-168873-1271057320_thumb.png

2. tap the system volume icon once to get vibrate profile

post-168873-1271057332_thumb.png

3. tap again the same icon twice to go back to ringer profile, system volume back to level 5

post-168873-1271057348_thumb.png

4. check the ring volume, in my phone, the volume is ZERO (where it should be level 5)

post-168873-1271057356_thumb.png

i think i found workaround solution for this bug :

1. Use Samsung Widget for homescreen

2. Choose Profile widget

3. Tap Volume off

4. Tap Volume on

the bug i have mention in above post is gone !

Guest xkill3rprox

I found something weird.

In the past, the firmware i had when i bought the O2.

I saved my contact without country code.

And the sms and phone calls will show the caller's name

But JD1, when i don't add in country code.

The caller ID will show contacts name.

But the SMS will only show the number with country code

If i edit all my contacts with country code.

When a contacts call. I won't be able to see the contact's name

Any fix for this?

Guest AndrewTan
I found something weird.

In the past, the firmware i had when i bought the O2.

I saved my contact without country code.

And the sms and phone calls will show the caller's name

But JD1, when i don't add in country code.

The caller ID will show contacts name.

But the SMS will only show the number with country code

If i edit all my contacts with country code.

When a contacts call. I won't be able to see the contact's name

Any fix for this?

Click back few pages and you will get the answer, I answer this question few times already in different thread. Not going to re-answer.

Why so many lazy people, lazy to search, lazy to flip back few pages, lazy lazy lazy!

Guest xkill3rprox
Click back few pages and you will get the answer, I answer this question few times already in different thread. Not going to re-answer.

Why so many lazy people, lazy to search, lazy to flip back few pages, lazy lazy lazy!

yeah i am lazy. Its like there are 27 pages to look. Ain't it troublesome?

Guest waverider77

Hi all, I have download the following files:

PDA_I8000NXXJD1_HW_40.7z.001

PDA_I8000NXXJD1_HW_40.7z.002

PDA_I8000NXXJD1_HW_40.7z.003

PDA_I8000NXXJD1_HW_40.7z.004

but I cant find the .mst file in Octans.. How to convert the files to .mst?