New rom EUU_Acer_Liquid_2.000.48_EMEA_CUS4

Guest rafyvitto

Almost sure it's Android 1.6:

Regions: UAE/Saudi/Arabia/Egypt/Tunisia/Libya/South Africa/Morocco/Algeria/Nigeria/Kenya/Tanzania/Ghana/Kuwait/

Edited by bais

Guest Pathfinder23

Thanks for the tip I've been waiting for this rom as it provides support for my native language (arabic) so no more rooting, custom ROMs...

unfortunately the only problem with this ROM is the Market is not included so need to find some way to install file explorer application manually so I can download apps on SD card then install them ...

Anyone have an idea ???

Guest audiobastard

you can always try searching online for the apk. There's some sites that have it like 4shared and megaupload. Find one that's free on market and just DL it using your phone's browser from one of those sites. Warning though: you never know if its a clean apk. After the download and tap on the downloaded file, you should get a prompt to install the apk. I'm not sure if it will work with a stock rom w/out root, but I don't see why not. Good luck.

I flashed this over 2.000.16. Interestingly enough, I can no longer flash custom boot images. Something has changed in image detection. After flashing rooted boot image the phone just reboots back to fastboot. I could not get past fastboot with custom image. After flashing .48 orig image back, phone booted OK. I was able to root the system with lickonn's recovery, but custom images is a no-no for this version. At least for now.

PS. The rom is flooded with Arab software, so be prepared for praying notifiers and other odd-ware. ;)

Thanks for the tip I've been waiting for this rom as it provides support for my native language (arabic) so no more rooting, custom ROMs...

unfortunately the only problem with this ROM is the Market is not included so need to find some way to install file explorer application manually so I can download apps on SD card then install them ...

Anyone have an idea ???

Here are the apks. I used these and market is working. They're from European 2.000.16. NOTE: you need root to install these.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EG3Q4HJ4

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JZKZ6ASV

Guest Pathfinder23
Here are the apks. I used these and market is working. They're from European 2.000.16. NOTE: you need root to install these.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EG3Q4HJ4

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JZKZ6ASV

Hi blc,

Thanks for the links, just to make I got you right, you've managed to root your Liquid running this ROM using Lickkon recovery image is this correct ?

If so can you please let me know which guide you've followed to get it rooted this will be great as I need to remove all unnecessary and also install the Market..

Even though I've managed to install ASTRO file explorer so now I can download APK files to my SD card and install apps manually but having the Market app will make things much easier.

Guest khamees79

how could you flash this ROM?

it states it needs win xp, i have win 7 , and when I run Acer tool setup i get error ( OS file type is not match)

p.s: i have eclair (latest LCR)

Edited by khamees79

how could you flash this ROM?

it states it needs win xp, i have win 7 , and when I run Acer tool setup i get error ( OS file type is not match)

p.s: i have eclair (latest LCR)

You can flash it with the old Acer Tool. I just installed the .48 package to get the .bin from install directory. With the supplied Acer Tool you can't mix with regions.

Hi blc,

Thanks for the links, just to make I got you right, you've managed to root your Liquid running this ROM using Lickkon recovery image is this correct ?

If so can you please let me know which guide you've followed to get it rooted this will be great as I need to remove all unnecessary and also install the Market..

Even though I've managed to install ASTRO file explorer so now I can download APK files to my SD card and install apps manually but having the Market app will make things much easier.

If I remember correctly, the process goes like this:

1) Flash .bin with old Acer Tool

2) Boot back to fastboot using f.ex "adb reboot bootloader"

3) Flash Lickonn's recovery, "fastboot -i 0x0502 flash recovery <image>"

4) Boot phone

5) Boot to recovery, f.ex "adb reboot recovery"

6) Select "Root current system" or something like that

7) Boot

After this you should be able to remove unnecessary apps and install new.

Good luck!

Guest Pathfinder23
If I remember correctly, the process goes like this:

1) Flash .bin with old Acer Tool

2) Boot back to fastboot using f.ex "adb reboot bootloader"

3) Flash Lickonn's recovery, "fastboot -i 0x0502 flash recovery <image>"

4) Boot phone

5) Boot to recovery, f.ex "adb reboot recovery"

6) Select "Root current system" or something like that

7) Boot

After this you should be able to remove unnecessary apps and install new.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for your help, I've now managed to root the device and removed most of the apps installed with it, but still when trying to the market (vending.apk) get can't install error message.

I also found on an arabic forum a .zip file when you install from the recovery screen called googlebits-signed_v11.zip which suppose to install google apps such as the market, after applying it I can now see the vending.apk in the system/app folder but not in the apps menu, I also lost Gmail app which now only showing in the system/app folder and not in the app screen !!