No sound or Controls from Car Dock

Guest mgs868

Guest mgs868

Folks...I just recieved my Nexus One Car Dock but something is a miss...It's plugged into the car charger, I set my Nexus in the Dock, the Car App comes up but neither the speakers or audio controls are activated. All sound still comes through the phones speaker. When I go the the Audio Settings for the dock, it displays that the phone is docked, but doesn't show any settings for sound control...This has to be something I've done...here is my information:

Firmware 2.1-update1

Baseband Version 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2

Kernel Version 2.6.33-msm-teknologist-0.8

Build Number passion-user 2.1-update1 ERE27 24178 release-keys

Software Number MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port r21

WebKit 3.1

Any ideas or assistance on this would be greatly appreciated

Mike

Guest daisun

I see your using the Desire Rom. Remember the dock uses bluetooth to communicate with the phone and since the bluetooth in the Desire Rom isn't reliable in the current build it may not auto connect even though you've paired it.

Guest houstonblaney1
Folks...I just recieved my Nexus One Car Dock but something is a miss...It's plugged into the car charger, I set my Nexus in the Dock, the Car App comes up but neither the speakers or audio controls are activated. All sound still comes through the phones speaker. When I go the the Audio Settings for the dock, it displays that the phone is docked, but doesn't show any settings for sound control...This has to be something I've done...here is my information:

Firmware 2.1-update1

Baseband Version 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2

Kernel Version 2.6.33-msm-teknologist-0.8

Build Number passion-user 2.1-update1 ERE27 24178 release-keys

Software Number MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port r21

WebKit 3.1

Any ideas or assistance on this would be greatly appreciated

Mike

Really? You're using Paul's Desire ROM and you didn't realize that the Bluetooth might not work with the $55 gadget you just bought?

Stated clearly in Post# 3 of the Desire ROM thread:

Known Issues
  • Bluetooth does not work reliably
  • FM Radio finds stations but does not produce any sound
  • Footprints camera view is rotated 90 degrees
  • USB mount notification does not fire - use 'USB Mount' application from menu.

(Emphasis added.)

So many posts from Desire ROM users stating the exact same thing. "My Bluetooth doesn't work. Why?"

I love Paul's work with the Desire port. I really do. It's the reason why I decided to root in the first place (not to mention the fact that Paul's got a pretty slick operation here). If you're looking for full Bluetooth functionality though, you're better off with CyanogenMod or MoDaCo Custom ROM.

Edited by houstonblaney1

Guest mgs868
Really? You're using Paul's Desire ROM and you didn't realize that the Bluetooth might not work with the $55 gadget you just bought?

Stated clearly in Post# 3 of the Desire ROM thread:

(Emphasis added.)

So many posts from Desire ROM users stating the exact same thing. "My Bluetooth doesn't work. Why?"

I love Paul's work with the Desire port. I really do. It's the reason why I decided to root in the first place (not to mention the fact that Paul's got a pretty slick operation here). If you're looking for full Bluetooth functionality though, you're better off with CyanogenMod or MoDaCo Custom ROM.

Then this whole thing is a toy. Soemthing to play with when you have so much extra time on your hands...Either it works, or it doesn't....And it doesn't....badword off....

Guest houstonblaney1
Then this whole thing is a toy. Soemthing to play with when you have so much extra time on your hands...Either it works, or it doesn't....And it doesn't....badword off....

Actually, it means use a fully functional ROM. I've read plenty of reviews for the Nexus One Car Dock to know, for the most part, that it's a pretty sweet accessory. That being said, I constantly switch back and forth between Paul's Desire ROM and CyanogenMod. Therefore, it's probably in my best interest to invest $55 in the aforementioned Car Dock. Like I suggested in my previous post, a switch to CyanogenMod or MoDaCo Custom ROM will provide you with a fully functioning device.

Guest Dope M.S.R.

Actually, it means use a fully functional ROM. I've read plenty of reviews for the Nexus One Car Dock to know, for the most part, that it's a pretty sweet accessory. That being said, I constantly switch back and forth between Paul's Desire ROM and CyanogenMod. Therefore, it's probably in my best interest to invest $55 in the aforementioned Car Dock. Like I suggested in my previous post, a switch to CyanogenMod or MoDaCo Custom ROM will provide you with a fully functioning device.

Its a GREAT Device! I have been using the Car Dock with CyanogenMod and it works GREAT! mgs868 seriously if you want it to work get ride of the Desire. If you Love the Desire ROM so much and want Bluetooth then go get the HTC Desire phone itself or wait till Paul can get the Bluetooth working and quit acting like a pathetic little baby. I saw you had previous issues since Alpha 10. Here is a well known fact... Your using a ALPHA BUILD! not beta not testing not RC but ALPHA... which means NOT FULLY WORKING!

Paul I think you need to specify that when you say "Bluetooth does not work reliably" I think you might need to give a little example so people understand what you mean by this. Cause your doing one hell of a job making online kitchens as well as porting things over to the NEXUS ONE.

Guest houstonblaney1
Its a GREAT Device! I have been using the Car Dock with CyanogenMod and it works GREAT! mgs868 seriously if you want it to work get ride of the Desire. If you Love the Desire ROM so much and want Bluetooth then go get the HTC Desire phone itself or wait till Paul can get the Bluetooth working and quit acting like a pathetic little baby. I saw you had previous issues since Alpha 10. Here is a well known fact... Your using a ALPHA BUILD! not beta not testing not RC but ALPHA... which means NOT FULLY WORKING!

Paul I think you need to specify that when you say "Bluetooth does not work reliably" I think you might need to give a little example so people understand what you mean by this. Cause your doing one hell of a job making online kitchens as well as porting things over to the NEXUS ONE.

Yeah, it's seems like a pretty sweet accessory. I switch back-and-forth too often between CyanogenMod and Paul's Desire ROM to warrant purchasing the car dock. If I ever make up my mind on ROMs (or when Paul kicks out a fully functional Desire ROM), I might pull the trigger and get myself a little car dock action.