Silicone Skin / Hard Case hybrid

Guest jwhipple

Guest jwhipple

This may be totally off topic, but since it applied to the Nexus One, I figured I'd share.

I just picked two of these up on Ebay for $8.99 shipped. The only way I can describe them is a silicone skin/hard case hybrid.

It's basically a silicone case with a hard cover that holds the silicone case on a bit better plus gives a little bit o' hard cover type protection. Every silicone case i've had in the past liked to slip off pretty easily - this doesn't feel like it's going anywhere anytime soon!

The ones I got were the lime green and carbon fiber variants, but they can be also had in pink, blue or black. I thought the lime green with black screamed Android!

100_5518.jpg

100_5519.jpg

If nothing else, they are definitely unique!

Ebay seller's name is "moderntechs" . Search with keywords on Ebay "Nexus Hard Silicone" and you'll pull them right up!

Guest qvert

i can't find it at german ebay ;)

can anyone send me a direct link via pn? i think direct links to ebay are not allowed here?

edit: i found them, but they are only selling inside of the US ;)

Edited by qvert

Guest thelucster

Looks pretty nice, shame they don't ship internationally though... ;)

I'm always worried about these kinds of cases that don't protect the screen. I've seen so many people with smashed iPhone screens. Aren't you a bit concerned?

Guest Rafoolik
How does the phone feel with it?

Its thick and rugged since its has both the silicone and plastic. I'm gonna use it for outdoor activities and when im camping (and stuff).

Guest AF!ve
They feel great. I got one about a week ago and love it.

Its thick and rugged since its has both the silicone and plastic. I'm gonna use it for outdoor activities and when im camping (and stuff).

Thanks guys. I am wondering because I also have an hd2 and I simply love the way it feels when I have it in my pocket while shooting hoops or working out. Obviously, I love my nexus one way more and decided to look for a nice case which will make it feel sturdier, maybe this case will get the job done?

My hd2 has the rubber case that it came with on it, I think it is the reason why it feels so sturdy.

Guest MingoChang
i get this case on monday

and i have to say it's a dust magnet

1 minute in the pocket > screen and case is full of dust

I think that, it's the problem of your pocket rather than the case... ;)

Guest qvert
I think that, it's the problem of your pocket rather than the case... ;)

no its not

the silikon on this case realy keeps dust stuff on it

even if i put it in my room at the night, at the next morning everything is dusty somehow

Guest Rafoolik
no its not

the silikon on this case realy keeps dust stuff on it

even if i put it in my room at the night, at the next morning everything is dusty somehow

nope, mine is very clean and smooth always. weird.

Guest qvert
nope, mine is very clean and smooth always. weird.

i've got an allergy against dust, don't know the english term, the german one is hausstauballergie its that you are allergic to the acarian which life from the dust, so my room and everything is very clean but the silicon on this case really is a dust magnet! sorry for that but maybe its not disturbing you but for me its too much dust :-)