New VZW Update DC22

Guest event121

Guest robertjm

Absolutely amazing!!

In reading the specs for the update utility it says Windows 7 is currently NOT supported.

Anybody care to post the generic VZW dc22.bin file for those of us challenged with running the most recent MSFT OS? ;)

------------------

UPDATE: I ran the Vista upgrade tool on W7 32bit just fine and was able to flash my phone. I guess Verizon was too lazy to change their graphics on the website. ;)

Edited by robertjm

Guest gorf1000
Tried to flash to this new firmware but now I get an align screen loop that won't go away.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Unfortunately the problem is not the update, it's your screen digitizer. The custom ROMs generally remove the initial screen alignment and cook in some pre-setup alignment numbers which is why you have not noticed this problem so far. This is why I'm currently not going to update my phone until the chefs get a chance to build some ROMs based on it.

Unfortunately the only way to really fix that problem is to replace the digitizer on your phone. There's a dedicated sticky thread on how to do that in the root Omnia forum. I'm actually waiting for my new digitizer to come in the mail. Reportedly the touch response increases dramatically.

Guest nvrmind

Direct Download no longer available...

Give it a sec... still uploading.

OK, it's ready...

UPDATE:

Now that I've created the torrent, I'll be taking down the direct link in about an hour... that should give time to anybody the started the download a while ago to finish. Otherwise, please use the torrent...

http://home.phillipwills.com/i910_dc22_img.torrent

Edited by nvrmind

Guest robertjm

Just downloaded it.

Based on the file size I assumed this was an .img file so renamed it to dc22.img and went ahead and flashed my phone.

Since it didn't brick and I was able to make a call just fine, I guess I guessed right! ;)

Thanks again!!

Robert

http://home.phillipwills.com/dc22.oem

Give it a sec... still uploading.

OK, it's ready...

Edited by robertjm

Guest itb44
My i910 is my primary link to the web, so I need to have InetSharing.

I may wait untill the feedback looks more tested.

DC22 flashed. ICS installed and works great -- at least as well as under CF03, if not better!

Guest kukudm

Really sorry for thread crapping, I need some help for extracting out the general .IMG from a Samsung i770 firmware.

Here's the link: http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/fa...mp;AT_ID=233819

I bricked the i770 with a bad flash now it stucks at the Samsung screen. I need the .IMG file so that I can try to flash it with different Samsung flashers.

Again, sorry for posting it here. I don't think I can get any help from the I770 subforum as this phone is losing popularity and people are not browsing much of that subforum.

Please help me out. Thanks a lot!

Guest nvrmind

My bad... I couldn't remember what the extension was supposed to be. It's fixed now.

Just downloaded it.

Based on the file size I assumed this was an .img file so renamed it to dc22.img and went ahead and flashed my phone.

Since it didn't brick and I was able to make a call just fine, I guess I guessed right! ;)

Thanks again!!

Robert

Guest cac2us

Just cooked up a DC22_28232 ROM. I finally got the hang of editing the initflashfiles.dat file that was "Hidden" and not letting me edit it.

I used EDITPAD.EXE, opened the ofending file, copied it, opened a new document, pasted the copy, saved it as the same file name to another location. Converted to Unicode.

Now I have gotten rid of the startup "Chase the Cross" rutine.

Also the Unsigned Prompt Policy is cured.

I still have to figure out how to edit the file that puts the "Start Menu" on the bottom right.

And the few dead icons in the Settings Menu.

For now, after first boot, I just tap top left and load SKTools, re-map the Contacts button.

I think AdvancedConfig 3.3 will do it too (it's free).

Then edit the registry on the unit to delete the entries for the dead shortcuts.

A little bit of work, but I did notice the free RAM to be 56MB after soft reset.

I'm cooking up some DC22 ROMs that are a little bit to deal with, if they were a little cleaner I could post them.

Unless any one wants a little "Self Serve"...

I might take requests. Because I don't normally use the "Widgets" or Enterprize.

But if anyone wants, let me know..

Oh yea, I re-uploaded my Minimal OEM SET with the edited initflashfiles.dat.

Edited by cac2us

Guest talkdirty
WOW,

Got it working. Had to run the CF03 updater first, to get the DC22 updater to see my i910.

After striping the OEM APPS folder to the same content as the "Minimal OEM" file that I have been using, then using the DPI & LANG files from the same file, and the update_XipFix,

I cooked a 21898.bin that weighs in at 55MB.

157MB Storage

57.3MB RAM

Version info says

ROM Version N/A

Modem Ver. S:i910.10 V.DC08

H/W Version H:i910 10 V.Q

PRL Version P:51831 E:00004

The touchscreen is more sensitive now. I think I will cook a 25014 again, this time with the DC22Base.

I will have to cook a saperate one to post to 4Shared if any one wants one..

And if any one wants my OEM folder here it is.

http://www.4shared.com/file/YdIzq5Bq/DC22_...EM_and_ROM.html

Now if I can just get rid of that leftover "Main Menu" on the bottom right of the screen...

Also some of the shortcuts were leftover, like thekevster said some of the files need to be claened up.

And I am not very good at editing those reg files.

And some of those initflashes.dat files wont let me edit them at all.?

Any how that's what I have so far.

Got to get back to work building LEDs..

EDIT:

The posted file is updated with my "partly" fixed initflashes.dat file. (see post #33).

Thanks for this info.

My Omnia is just out of box and it says i910. 10.v. bj28.2027

Do you think I must flash to cf03 before I can upgrade to dc22?

Thanks!

Guest Chimp
Just cooked up a DC22_28232 ROM. I finally got the hang of editing the initflashfiles.dat file that was "Hidden" and not letting me edit it.

I used EDITPAD.EXE, opened the ofending file, copied it, opened a new document, pasted the copy, saved it as the same file name to another location. Converted to Unicode.

Now I have gotten rid of the startup "Chase the Cross" rutine.

Also the Unsigned Prompt Policy is cured.

I still have to figure out how to edit the file that puts the "Start Menu" on the bottom right.

And the few dead icons in the Settings Menu.

For now, after first boot, I just tap top left and load SKTools, re-map the Contacts button.

I think AdvancedConfig 3.3 will do it too (it's free).

Then edit the registry on the unit to delete the entries for the dead shortcuts.

A little bit of work, but I did notice the free RAM to be 56MB after soft reset.

I'm cooking up some DC22 ROMs that are a little bit to deal with, if they were a little cleaner I could post them.

Unless any one wants a little "Self Serve"...

I might take requests. Because I don't normally use the "Widgets" or Enterprize.

But if anyone wants, let me know..

Oh yea, I re-uploaded my Minimal OEM SET with the edited initflashfiles.dat.

cac2us:

I am going to try this today also. What I did, though, was take the old CD03 minimalOEMROM that was posted here earlier, extract the new DC22 OEM (via kitchen), and then replace any matching files from the DC22 ROM into the CF03 minimal OEM ROM; and I kept the original initflashfiles.dat, since I had already had it fixed up the way I liked it. I figure that will work since I will have all the new stuff including anything extra I kept in the original OEM.

Think that will work? Gonna try later today, first I have to flash to the original DC22 release.

/Chimp

Guest s10camaro

I have x64 and can not use upgrade tool. the link above for the image is super slow and wont complete. could someone upload to another location. Thanks

Guest nvrmind
I have x64 and can not use upgrade tool. the link above for the image is super slow and wont complete. could someone upload to another location. Thanks

It's downloading from my home server and I don't have much upload bandwidth. I've created a torrent with it.

This way, the more people that download, the faster it will get.

UPDATE: I changed the tracker, so anyone that has already downloaded the torrent file will need to redownload.

Edited by nvrmind

Guest thekevster
It's downloading from my home server and I don't have much upload bandwidth. I've created a torrent with it.

This way, the more people that download, the faster it will get.

UPDATE: I changed the tracker, so anyone that has already downloaded the torrent file will need to redownload.

i will try to seed the torrent as much as i can.

Guest nvrmind
i will try to seed the torrent as much as i can.

Thanks sir. If someone wants to put it on 4shared or whatever, be my guest. This is just easier for me... and better IMHO. The direct link is unavailable now. So the torrent is the only way to get it from me.

Currently, there are 2 seeds... me and I'm assuming the Kevster, so download shouldn't be too painful.

Guest rfarrah
Thanks sir. If someone wants to put it on 4shared or whatever, be my guest. This is just easier for me... and better IMHO. The direct link is unavailable now. So the torrent is the only way to get it from me.

Currently, there are 2 seeds... me and I'm assuming the Kevster, so download shouldn't be too painful.

FWIW, the main site worked fine for me and my W7 64 bit machine.

http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/fa...mp;AT_ID=157996

Edited by rfarrah