New VZW Update DC22

Guest event121

Guest peperonikiller
Will the Vista 32 bit update tool work on a Vista 64 bit system?

Thanks.

you can install w7 on 64 or 32bit. just as you can with vista

Yup, that's correct. No problems or issues at all.

learn to read...

Edited by peperonikiller

Guest robertjm

Just to make sure you understood my question, you are able to use the Official Verizon Omnia Upgrade Kit under W7 64bit? (not the UDML). I had heard there were problems doing so on 64bit systems. Hence the question.

you can install w7 on 64 or 32bit. just as you can with vista

Guest peperonikiller
Just to make sure you understood my question, you are able to use the Official Verizon Omnia Upgrade Kit under W7 64bit? (not the UDML). I had heard there were problems doing so on 64bit systems. Hence the question.

If you dont trust using the EXE then download the image and use UMDL to flash your device, thats what 3 pages of this thread are about, im not TRYING to be mean about this, but if you would have just read through this thread....

Guest robertjm

I DID read through this thread. Perhaps you didn't notice I've had several posts in this thread. In fact I probably downloaded the file from Nvrmind within a few minutes of his originally posting it so I'm not sure where you're coming from in your comment and commented about that too.

Not trying to be argumentative. I just wanted to make sure thekevster understood what I'd asked when he answered me the last time. ;)

Robert

------------------------------------------------

If you dont trust using the EXE then download the image and use UMDL to flash your device, thats what 3 pages of this thread are about, im not TRYING to be mean about this, but if you would have just read through this thread....

Guest peperonikiller
I DID read through this thread. Perhaps you didn't notice I've had several posts in this thread. In fact I probably downloaded the file from Nvrmind within a few minutes of his originally posting it so I'm not sure where you're coming from in your comment and commented about that too.

Not trying to be argumentative. I just wanted to make sure thekevster understood what I'd asked when he answered me the last time. ;)

Robert

------------------------------------------------

My bad ;) ;)

Guest peperonikiller
I upgraded to DC22, it runs slower on my phone than bj28

I havent ran stock 6.1 sammy since i got my phone, but i can say that WinMo 6.5 on DC22 is notably faster, try my Lite rom if you dont believe. Everything is more fluid and responsive..

Guest thekevster

ah, sorry, misunderstood your question. i use w7 32 bit so i cant be sure, but you might be able to get it working running it in compatibility mode set to vista sp2

Guest Chimp
Just cooked up a DC22_28232 ROM. I finally got the hang of editing the initflashfiles.dat file that was "Hidden" and not letting me edit it.

I used EDITPAD.EXE, opened the ofending file, copied it, opened a new document, pasted the copy, saved it as the same file name to another location. Converted to Unicode.

Now I have gotten rid of the startup "Chase the Cross" rutine.

Also the Unsigned Prompt Policy is cured.

I still have to figure out how to edit the file that puts the "Start Menu" on the bottom right.

And the few dead icons in the Settings Menu.

For now, after first boot, I just tap top left and load SKTools, re-map the Contacts button.

I think AdvancedConfig 3.3 will do it too (it's free).

Then edit the registry on the unit to delete the entries for the dead shortcuts.

A little bit of work, but I did notice the free RAM to be 56MB after soft reset.

I'm cooking up some DC22 ROMs that are a little bit to deal with, if they were a little cleaner I could post them.

Unless any one wants a little "Self Serve"...

I might take requests. Because I don't normally use the "Widgets" or Enterprize.

But if anyone wants, let me know..

Oh yea, I re-uploaded my Minimal OEM SET with the edited initflashfiles.dat.

Sent you a message, cac2us

Guest cac2us

Is anyone cooking up a NON "Threadheaded" NON 235xx branch ROM based on this new DC22?

I tried to do it with the OEM striped down and compaired to the "Minimal OEM" that I got here some time ago.

I can't seem to get the ROM Version in the Info page to show anything other than "N/A"...

I could sure use some Striped Down & Working OEM files to compare with..

Please post or PM them.

Thanks..

Guest Chimp

Any of you other chefs have an answer for this?

I just created a ROM from a minimal OEM of DC22. For some reason, I have control panel links for DivX VOD Registration, Large Display, and Theme Maker that go nowhere. I have these all commented out in my .dat files, and the programs are not there in the OEMApps folder. For some reason I am getting these three control panel links (that of course point to nowhere).

I've went through all the control files in the DC22 OEM that I have, and I have no idea how these are being created. It didn't happen with the old CF02 OEM release.

Anyone got any ideas as to where/what I need to do to get rid of these bogus links? Thanks in advance.

/Chimp (Tom)

Guest NilsE
Any of you other chefs have an answer for this?

I just created a ROM from a minimal OEM of DC22. For some reason, I have control panel links for DivX VOD Registration, Large Display, and Theme Maker that go nowhere. I have these all commented out in my .dat files, and the programs are not there in the OEMApps folder. For some reason I am getting these three control panel links (that of course point to nowhere).

I've went through all the control files in the DC22 OEM that I have, and I have no idea how these are being created. It didn't happen with the old CF02 OEM release.

Anyone got any ideas as to where/what I need to do to get rid of these bogus links? Thanks in advance.

/Chimp (Tom)

They are in your OEMApps .rgu file. You can either comment them out or delete them. Back it up first just in case it does not work.

NOTE" After looking around I am not sure if that gets rid of it completely

Edited by NilsE

Guest Chimp
They are in your OEMApps .rgu file. You can either comment them out or delete them. Back it up first just in case it does not work.

NOTE" After looking around I am not sure if that gets rid of it completely

That's what I thought; but I have both the ControlPanel\LargeDisplay and ControlPanel\DivXRegi commented out, but they are still appearing in my control panel links when I build and flash the ROM.

Guest iandy1

OK, using Vista 64 bit, download WMDC 64 bit, installs OK.

But the Vista DC22 update tool keeps asking me to install WMDC. Try check and uncheck allow USB connections with the same results.

Restart the computer and try again, the same.

Please, any ideas?

Thanks.

Guest nvrmind
OK, using Vista 64 bit, download WMDC 64 bit, installs OK.

But the Vista DC22 update tool keeps asking me to install WMDC. Try check and uncheck allow USB connections with the same results.

Restart the computer and try again, the same.

Please, any ideas?

Thanks.

Try the img using UMDL...

I heard you have to flash back to CF03 before doing DC22, and the tool wouldn't let me flash to DC22 from my custom rom, but the img with UMDL worked fine, without flashing back to CF03.

Edited by nvrmind

Guest iandy1
Try the img using UMDL...

I heard you have to flash back to CF03 before doing DC22, and it wouldn't let me flash to DC22 from my custom rom, but the img with UMDL worked fine, without flashing back to CF03.

Thanks for your reply.

Read that the img is a torrentz file, I am a complete noob regarding those.

well, will be looking around for a torrentz program.

Thanks again.

Why doesn't Verizon just inform you that you may have a connection error, or provide any type of support whatsoever for people that have issues installing their upgrades?

It should be pretty flippin' easy.

I had to format a while back, everything worked fine since my last flash. This upgrade comes out, I download the tool, download WMDC, try to install and I get "You do not have WMDC installed on your computer." I -JUST- badword installed it. WTF!!

Restart, no deal.

Toggle connection switches, no deal.

Ended partnerships, reconfigured partnerships, no deal.

Downloaded both versions of the install tool, no deal.

Reinstalled the programs, no deal. GRRRR.

Guest woodsptw

Trying to install DC22, it said I had an incorrect version to do the install.

I reinstalled CF03, rebooted, and then did the DC22. I disconnected and reconnected the USB and filled out my exchange server info when prompted. It synchronized just fine.

About to flash a 6.5 ROM..

Guest peperonikiller

For those that cant get the official tool to work, download the torrent program called uTorrent, download the torrent for the image posted on this thread, then just use UMDL to flash to DC22. ;)

Guest mimjun

Hey guys wondering if you can answer my questions. So every time I flash a ROM ( waremike, storm, etc ) every thing seems fine until about a month later. The accuracy of the screen becomes off by a couple centimeters.

So for example, if there is a small button, I would have to press couple centimeters below the actual button to actually hit it. So because of this I am not able to align my screen at all. Now, I am on my 8th or 9th Omnia ( lost count ) and am very paranoid that I will get the endless calibration loop at the start of the official DC22 ROM which then makes me have a useless phone.

So 2 questions:

1. Is it safe to flash to a ROM when I can not even pass that first alignment screen? My guess is No because the Omnia isn't in Mass Storage connection but just need a clarification.

2. What the heck makes my phone this way? I've hard reset, reflashed, everything I could think of and the accuracy is always off.

THANK YOU!

In case anyone else is having a similar problem, I finally just went out on a limb and risked bricking to figure it out.

Under Vista 64, the "official" update wasn't working. I opened up UMDL and tried to get the phone recognized, kept getting the "WinUSB_Initialize" error window. So I had UMDL already leaded with the unified img file, then set WMDC off to not allow connections, then connected the phone and started it up, only then would it recognize the phone.

Pain in the butt.

Guest robertjm

It's my understanding that the alignment is part of the ROM, so if you flash a new ROM then the alignment will reset itself up to the default coordinates that are programmed into the ROM.

The OFFICIAL ROM that comes from Verizon certainly shouldn't have an endless loop problem. Yesterday I reflashed mine to the official CF03 before flashing DC22, and never encountered that problem. After rebooting it came up to the plain lime green calibration screen with the cross hairs.

Just make sure you flash back to the official CF03 ROM before you flash the DC22 just to make sure that takes care of any funnyness involved.

That drift on your phone is plane strange. I mean, 3/4 inch drift?!?!?!? Wow!!

Are the calibration locations stored in the Registry so you could manually edit them? I ask that because I don't know the answer to that. But if they are, perhaps you could either change them that way, or at least fake them out by modifying the Registry with coordinates that are off so that they bring the cross hairs into califbration.

Good luck!!

Robert

Hey guys wondering if you can answer my questions. So every time I flash a ROM ( waremike, storm, etc ) every thing seems fine until about a month later. The accuracy of the screen becomes off by a couple centimeters.

So for example, if there is a small button, I would have to press couple centimeters below the actual button to actually hit it. So because of this I am not able to align my screen at all. Now, I am on my 8th or 9th Omnia ( lost count ) and am very paranoid that I will get the endless calibration loop at the start of the official DC22 ROM which then makes me have a useless phone.

So 2 questions:

1. Is it safe to flash to a ROM when I can not even pass that first alignment screen? My guess is No because the Omnia isn't in Mass Storage connection but just need a clarification.

2. What the heck makes my phone this way? I've hard reset, reflashed, everything I could think of and the accuracy is always off.

THANK YOU!

Guest thekevster
It's my understanding that the alignment is part of the ROM, so if you flash a new ROM then the alignment will reset itself up to the default coordinates that are programmed into the ROM.

The OFFICIAL ROM that comes from Verizon certainly shouldn't have an endless loop problem. Yesterday I reflashed mine to the official CF03 before flashing DC22, and never encountered that problem. After rebooting it came up to the plain lime green calibration screen with the cross hairs.

Just make sure you flash back to the official CF03 ROM before you flash the DC22 just to make sure that takes care of any funnyness involved.

That drift on your phone is plane strange. I mean, 3/4 inch drift?!?!?!? Wow!!

Are the calibration locations stored in the Registry so you could manually edit them? I ask that because I don't know the answer to that. But if they are, perhaps you could either change them that way, or at least fake them out by modifying the Registry with coordinates that are off so that they bring the cross hairs into califbration.

Good luck!!

Robert

99% of the time the endless loop doesnt have anything to do with calibration data, it almost always means the digitizer has gone bad.