I8000 - WM6.5.3 Update 20 March 2011

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest baihoi

Hi ...

I use "13 May 2010: JE1 Lite version", and have the following problem:

Not retain the settings in - Settings> Network Settings> GPS> XTRA

After starting the "Enable XTRA Server" and validation, then he is off again?! Does not remember settings... Where in the registry can I change so that XTRA be plugged ON?

Sorry for bad English!

Guest jmsmartins
Hi ...

I use "13 May 2010: JE1 Lite version", and have the following problem:

Not retain the settings in - Settings> Network Settings> GPS> XTRA

After starting the "Enable XTRA Server" and validation, then he is off again?! Does not remember settings... Where in the registry can I change so that XTRA be plugged ON?

Sorry for bad English!

hklm-software-samsung-ril-gps-xtra (if i remember correctly!) then change to: enable=1; autodownloadactivesync=1 and if u want auto download when data expires: autodownload=1

Guest dommu
Same issue this side, the sms is going but nothing in the sent folder, also nothing shown in the inbox even though I have unread message count.

Thanks to anyone with a solution.

Nobody else have similar problem? I have the same problem as these dudes.... anyone know how to fix it?

Nobody else have similar problem? I have the same problem as these dudes.... anyone know how to fix it?

me too, having a similar problem. when i receive a message and i open the inbox i see nothing, i have to switch to sent items first, then switch back to inbox then i see the new message. however, even if the sender is in my contacts list, the name sender's name doesnt appear, only the number... getting ready to revert back to GC's JE1 where i didnt have problems with sms...

Guest Clemenzo
The only reg setting I added was:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\CHome\CHeroCLock\Setting]

"updatetime"=dword:00000000

Thanks Gary, I found this in my registry already. Missed it earlier..

I think the auto update is not still working as expected, as mentioned in your readme doc?

Guest Gary Crutcher
me too, having a similar problem. when i receive a message and i open the inbox i see nothing, i have to switch to sent items first, then switch back to inbox then i see the new message. however, even if the sender is in my contacts list, the name sender's name doesnt appear, only the number... getting ready to revert back to GC's JE1 where i didnt have problems with sms...

There have been no other reports of this problem.

I have been using JE3 for a while now and have not had this problem.

It is possible Samsung broke something in JE3, but I think it may be something else.

What apps have you installed? Have you tried receiving SMSs without installing any

of your own apps? Maybe this is something you should try - a hard reset will get you

back to the initial environment after flashing.

Please try this before going back to JE1 - if this IS really a problem, I need to know about it.

I have installed many apps and have had no problems with SMSs.

Let me know what happens if you choose to hard reset and test.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Thanks Gary, I found this in my registry already. Missed it earlier..

I think the auto update is not still working as expected, as mentioned in your readme doc?

I found a minor bug in the weather scripts. Attached is a fix. Copy them into:

\Program Files\CHeroClock

Weather.zip

Let me know how this works.

Guest dommu

It is possible Samsung broke something in JE3, but I think it may be something else.

What apps have you installed? Have you tried receiving SMSs without installing any

of your own apps? Maybe this is something you should try - a hard reset will get you

Please try this before going back to JE1 - if this IS really a problem, I need to know about it.

I'm not sure about the rest, but I am using Contable JMLtoday instead of Gchris7's. (just a matter of personal preference, both is good). I did not tried sms-ing while I 1st flash to the JE3 Lite rom. What happen is, now I can still see incoming sms using the JMLtoday. I can reply (which I had verified that the party I am sending had received the sms). The only problem I have is, when I go into inbox (sms), I do not see any sms I received. In the sent box, I do not see sms that I have sent. And when a sms comes in...there is no notification sound or vibration like mentioned by many others. Not sure what had happen.

Guest dommu
I'm not sure about the rest, but I am using Contable JMLtoday instead of Gchris7's. (just a matter of personal preference, both is good). I did not tried sms-ing while I 1st flash to the JE3 Lite rom. What happen is, now I can still see incoming sms using the JMLtoday. I can reply (which I had verified that the party I am sending had received the sms). The only problem I have is, when I go into inbox (sms), I do not see any sms I received. In the sent box, I do not see sms that I have sent. And when a sms comes in...there is no notification sound or vibration like mentioned by many others. Not sure what had happen.

To those that have problem. Follow what Gary have recommend... "Hard Reset". I did that and it seem to work now.

I did a hard reset and it seems to have solved the problem. but i dont know if its also caused by the CSC that i flashed along with the PDA. anyway, its ok now. to those having the same problem with sms, try GC's recommendation. Thanks Gary! good rom..

Guest Clemenzo
I found a minor bug in the weather scripts. Attached is a fix. Copy them into:

\Program Files\CHeroClock

Weather.zip

Let me know how this works.

ok, no more error about the auto_update mscr not found but auto update still not working well. I set to 2 minutes interval for testing and my 3g is still on.

Guest Gary Crutcher
ok, no more error about the auto_update mscr not found but auto update still not working well. I set to 2 minutes interval for testing and my 3g is still on.

According to the mortscript author, the end connection may or may not work properly.

I have gone into Samsung settings, under data connection settings and set end connection if

2 minutes of no data packets.

Guest Gary Crutcher

For those of you interested in trying a new 6.5.3 (LG Electronics Branch), here is a JE3/23662 version.

I have been using it for a couple of days and it seems stable enough to release.

(Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4583 (May 23, 2010 15:43:41) LG Electronics) - Thanks to Asus Mobile Club of Russia for this.

GC_JE3_23662_Lite

Please provide any feedback so I can improve my ROM builds.

Enjoy! ;)

Guest khomen

hey Gary, would it be possible to get a tmail.exe suggested by you? to get the skinned messaging for the e-mail app, the wm so ugly + so slow ..

ty

Guest Gary Crutcher
hey Gary, would it be possible to get a tmail.exe suggested by you? to get the skinned messaging for the e-mail app, the wm so ugly + so slow ..

ty

You want me to create a skin or suggest to someone to create a skin?

Guest Clemenzo
According to the mortscript author, the end connection may or may not work properly.

I have gone into Samsung settings, under data connection settings and set end connection if

2 minutes of no data packets.

Hi Gary,

I meant to say I left my 3G on, thinking that it has problem initiating connection again. The weather was never auto updated at the interval set. Prior this, I also set to disconnect 3G after 2 minutes of inactivity.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary,

I meant to say I left my 3G on, thinking that it has problem initiating connection again. The weather was never auto updated at the interval set. Prior this, I also set to disconnect 3G after 2 minutes of inactivity.

I think there may be some problems with how mortscript handles scheduled tasks.

The only real problem I have had is not being able to connect to the internet in Thailand.

The RunAt command works in a similar way to the AT command in DOS. Beyond using the

command the way the author specifies, I can do nothing else.

If he comes out with an update that changes the behaviour of the RunAt command, I will include it.

Guest Clemenzo
I think there may be some problems with how mortscript handles scheduled tasks.

The only real problem I have had is not being able to connect to the internet in Thailand.

The RunAt command works in a similar way to the AT command in DOS. Beyond using the

command the way the author specifies, I can do nothing else.

If he comes out with an update that changes the behaviour of the RunAt command, I will include it.

Thanks Gary, I understand you have tried your best. No worries!

Guest khomen
You want me to create a skin or suggest to someone to create a skin?

i would just like the messaging(email) in this rom to be skinned in Samsung style if possible.

becouse there was a try to replace the tmail.exe and instead of e-mail, im now seeing sms, e-mail is not accessable at all ...

ty

Guest Leon_mx

Gary:

Your ROM it's so Great....I love it.

Unfortunately, I have some Bluetooth issues. I'm trying to connect a BarcodeScanner with Bluetooth, i insert the correct "code" of the BT device, connects, but immediately disconnects and try to reconnect asking me for the 4 digit code (againd and again)......Do you know how to fix this "bug"???

Thanks in advance.

LeonMx

Guest bouboule

I have your ROM Gary, try others, but come back to yours because it's only what i need and all works.

I never changed the Pagepools. If i change to 12 or 0 or 16 or 20 ... what will be the difference in the ROM and using the ROM ?

Thanks

Guest Gary Crutcher
I have your ROM Gary, try others, but come back to yours because it's only what i need and all works.

I never changed the Pagepools. If i change to 12 or 0 or 16 or 20 ... what will be the difference in the ROM and using the ROM ?

Thanks

Pagepool changes the amount of free ram and cache. The higher the pagepool,

the lower free ram.

Some people say a pagepool of 12-16MB is optimal, but it depends on programs

installed, used and how you use your phone.

For me, 8MB pagepool works fine.