I8000 - WM6.5.3 Update 20 March 2011

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest szijartg
i loved ur work because GChris Titanium is cooked in :(

if using other rom, i still installed GChris Titanium :(

yes, this titanium awesome

Guest jmsmartins
Thanks for the feedback. Next rom(s) will include GChris Titanium.

hi Gary

now i'm not using ur roms but imho if u don't cook in Gcrhis titanium, users have more options because once it's cooked in we can't remove it. and instalation is sooo easy :(

just my 2 cents

cheers

Guest Gary Crutcher
hi Gary

now i'm not using ur roms but imho if u don't cook in Gcrhis titanium, users have more options because once it's cooked in we can't remove it. and instalation is sooo easy :(

just my 2 cents

cheers

Thanks for the feedback! Will consider your comment for the ROM I cook. :(

Guest fattmatt

Hi Gary.

I have an few ideas, no pressure.

How viable is it to do 3 releases per rom and is it much more work for yourself??

One with standard Titanium, one with GChris's Titanium and one with Samsung Today?

I know it sounds a bit radical but from an end users point of view it would be awesome to

have a choice like that!

I have no idea how hard it is to change the UI whilst cooking so I don't know if this a stupid idea

or not?

I also understand that GChris's can be installed after the rom but it is nice to have your UI ready to

go straight after flashing, one less thing to install...

Or even more radical an option during installation of the rom asking the user which of the 3 UI's they want installed,

dunno how hard this is or if it is even possible?

As I said mate, just ideas, nothing more...

Whatever you cook I can work around and thoroughly enjoy using.

Thanks for listening Gary,

Matt.

Guest ku_dq007

Hi GC,

How to keep the total ram in 159M with the 8M PP? I found the standard total ram is 144M with 20M PP(after more 5M add to 139M).

159-144=15

20-8=12

more 3M ram space

Thanks.

Guest itsme_4ucz
the same problem is comming when pressing software button in SPB mobile shell which should open carousel (left bottom)

Hi Gary,

This appears to be a problem with 3d accelerator drivers, coz spb 3d carousel worked in previous version of ur rom... In spb mobile shell if you disable "Use 3d accelerator" it works !!! Phone does not hang...

To disable 3d accelerator in SPB Shell:

- back out to the carousel and go over to 'SPB Menu'

- click settings icon

- click SPB Mobile Shell (it is a settings tab as well for thEIR settings) looks like page with gear on bottom right corner of it

- click System at the top left.. (looks like a spinning windows waiting icon over a page)

- "Use 3D accelerator" turn this to 'No'

Any thoughts Gary?

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary,

This appears to be a problem with 3d accelerator drivers, coz spb 3d carousel worked in previous version of ur rom... In spb mobile shell if you disable "Use 3d accelerator" it works !!! Phone does not hang...

To disable 3d accelerator in SPB Shell:

- back out to the carousel and go over to 'SPB Menu'

- click settings icon

- click SPB Mobile Shell (it is a settings tab as well for thEIR settings) looks like page with gear on bottom right corner of it

- click System at the top left.. (looks like a spinning windows waiting icon over a page)

- "Use 3D accelerator" turn this to 'No'

Any thoughts Gary?

When I was using SPB Mobile Shell, I always disabled 3d accelerators as I heard too many reports of problems.

I have done nothing different in making the roms, so I suspect it is a change made by Samsung or Microsoft.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary.

I have an few ideas, no pressure.

How viable is it to do 3 releases per rom and is it much more work for yourself??

One with standard Titanium, one with GChris's Titanium and one with Samsung Today?

I know it sounds a bit radical but from an end users point of view it would be awesome to

have a choice like that!

I have no idea how hard it is to change the UI whilst cooking so I don't know if this a stupid idea

or not?

I also understand that GChris's can be installed after the rom but it is nice to have your UI ready to

go straight after flashing, one less thing to install...

Or even more radical an option during installation of the rom asking the user which of the 3 UI's they want installed,

dunno how hard this is or if it is even possible?

As I said mate, just ideas, nothing more...

Whatever you cook I can work around and thoroughly enjoy using.

Thanks for listening Gary,

Matt.

If I include the Std. Titanium (Ibrythill's) I have to delete some files from the SYS folder.

If I include GChris I have to delete 1 file from the SYS folder.

If I include Samsung Today I have to leave in a lot of files - and I mean a lot of files. Storage space goes

down by about 20 MB or more.

To offer an option at install would require a hell of a lot of work plus all the files needed for all 3 today screens

would have to be included in the rom, thus reducing storage space.

Creating 3 roms is much easier, but means having 3 separate folders - one for each today screen.

Please keep in mind - the OEM and SYS folders get changed depending on the today screen I cook into the rom.

But...I will think about it as it was something I mentioned in a very earlier post.

Guest cybergenie35

Hi Gary, Great work on this rom, everything works great. Just one question. some of the items you've removed, I would actually like to add back in. Is there any way to get a cab file from your (or somewhere else) of the items that were removed.

I'm looking for Midomi ,home connect and MSN messenger specificaly

Thanks

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary, Great work on this rom, everything works great. Just one question. some of the items you've removed, I would actually like to add back in. Is there any way to get a cab file from your (or somewhere else) of the items that were removed.

I'm looking for Midomi ,home connect and MSN messenger specificaly

Thanks

I think someone has posted them on this forum...not sure which thread, though.

Guest micmac

hi,

just want to feedback, using this latest JF5/23670 is giving me a hang prob when i long press the middle hardware button which is by default is assign to samsung task switcher...mayb others have experience the same prob?

Edited by micmac

Guest Jeanne8fr
hi,

just want to feedback, using this latest JF5/23670 is giving me a hang prob when i long press the middle hardware button which is by default is assign to samsung task switcher...mayb others have experience the same prob?

Yes, I have the same problem. Trying to run Taskmanager directly hangs also.

I changed the long press to run Showcase and that solved it for now.

Jeannette

Edited by Jeanne8fr

Guest WH168
Yes, I have the same problem. Trying to run Taskmanager directly hangs also.

I changed the long press to run Showcase and that solved it for now.

Jeannette

I found below problems:

1. Long press diamond button hang. This is caused by malfunction of Task Switcher of this ROM. I changed that to Task Manager and it worked fine.

2. Every time I restart the device, a message box popup telling about Morscript, it's annoying. I deleted the file from startup folder and stopped this.

3. Every time I launch Internet Explorer, an error message popup and complaining can't find the blank page. I have to hit cancel button to ignore this, annoying.

4. The market place, MSN Money and MSN weather not working. After launch, I got a blank screen and nothign happened. I installed the market place again and it worked. Please note, I use Wifi only.

Other than the above, there are a couple of minor glitches I forget. But overall, a good ROM with plenty of RAM, support other languages surprisingly well. JF5 resolved some annoying glitches in JE ROM, the GPS lock speed is very fast. Hopefully Gary can perfect this one by resolving above problems. Thanks for share your good work with community.

Guest Jeanne8fr

Hello,

I have the " internet explorer cannot download blank" error also. I googled and came up with some post about a missing "Metadata" folder.

Also the two widgets not working.

Hope Gary can put out a fix.

[EDIT] This is what I found: "UPDATE: Never mind, figured it out. Build didn't have the METADATA folder in it when it was cooked "

Jeannette

Edited by Jeanne8fr

Guest michalhejl

Hi, I'm using this JE3 ROM, it is an awesome ROM, but I'm having two issues:

1. When I click on input field which makes the soft keyboard pop up automatically and then I rotate the device to get wide keyboard, after second or two the soft keyboard automatically closes.

2. When I press volume key on incoming ringing call, the phone mutes vibrations, but doesn't mute sound.

Would anyone have an idea how to fix these issues? Thanks

Edited by michalhejl

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hello,

I have the " internet explorer cannot download blank" error also. I googled and came up with some post about a missing "Metadata" folder.

Also the two widgets not working.

Hope Gary can put out a fix.

[EDIT] This is what I found: "UPDATE: Never mind, figured it out. Build didn't have the METADATA folder in it when it was cooked "

Jeannette

Uh...excuse me...please ask me about what was/wasn't included first. All of my builds have the Metadata folder

included in their builds. How do I know? 1) I have a list of folders I check before building and 2) I just visually checked the folders

from JE3 through JF5.

Guest WH168
Uh...excuse me...please ask me about what was/wasn't included first. All of my builds have the Metadata folder

included in their builds. How do I know? 1) I have a list of folders I check before building and 2) I just visually checked the folders

from JE3 through JF5.

Gary, did you check the Metafolder in common area? That's what other people missing when they get this error message.

When I was using SPB Mobile Shell, I always disabled 3d accelerators as I heard too many reports of problems.

I have done nothing different in making the roms, so I suspect it is a change made by Samsung or Microsoft.

Hi Gary and all. The issue is solved if you use gles.dll in OEMDriversHigh from JE3 instead of JF5/JG4.

Regards.

Hi Gary.

Some question on JF5 + WM6.5.3:

• Do you use Samsung phonebook (Seccontact.exe)? If so, did you get bold font names instead of plain font ones? Had you solved?
  • After flashing, do you get a windows asking to insert login and password for email? If so, did you solved this?

Regards.