I8000 - WM6.5.3 Update 20 March 2011

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher
But I had problem replacing the original camera.exe in the \Windows.

So is there any suggestion on how to replace it?

It won't work on the O2.

Just tried it.

Guest Rdy2Go
Turned on WM6.5 lock over an hour ago.

Have no problems waking up or unlocking. Tried multiple times with up to 30 mins in-between wakeups.

Will leave it enabled for more hours and see.

I've got Smart Lock installed with option to lock when backlight goes off.

If it works for you then I'd blame Smart Lock (version F) as the main cause not the WM6.5 lock itself...

Guest Glilium
It won't work on the O2.

Just tried it.

Do you mean the CameraX.exe or the Pako777 camera.exe?

If not mistaken, someone reported that the Pako777 camera.exe files works on O2.

Guest kaizer hanz
Yes, I tested messaging. Been using it for 3 days now with no messaging problems.

Did you try messaging before you installed any programs?

yeah.. but after I installed HTC Sense 2.5 2011.3030, the message cannot make new message... ;)

maybe the problem come with HTC Sense 2.5 Message.. ;) :P

if I used your ROM 21647 and install many programs + HTC sense 2.5, free RAM after boot ~60 MB, and I love it ;)

Edited by kaizer hanz

Hi GC,

First time trying out your ROMs and I must say that you are very efficient in churning out new ROMs!

A couple of issues I face:

1) I use SMS-Chat and whenever i send a message, I always get a reply of "The message you sent to *number* has been delievered" as an extra Auto SMS.

Anyway to disable this?

Other than that, Keep up the good work!! ;)

Thanks!!

Hi GC, any fix for issue one?

Also I realised there is no Video Call in your ROM, any way to enable it?

TIA!

Guest jhlee_0722

TIA!

1, go into menu->options->sending->disable request delivery notification at the bottom of the list.

2, GC, same prob with vid call. how do we enable it? thx

Guest patatosalata

TIA!

Go to the samsung sms app -> menu -> options -> sending -> uncheck request delivery report -> scroll down -> uncheck request delivery notification.

that worked for me.

Guest dande

Hey guys,

Please mention your exact ROM since Gary has released 5 JD1 ROMS so other people know what are you talking about.

On mine JD1 23113 video call works fine.

In order video call to work must "Band selection" be on "Automatic" and you should have 3G available network in the area.

Guest quizesilver
23113 version works just fine for me.

No hangs or anything else so far.

Just remember to HR each time you flash a new rom.

Please if anyone has Samsung Today in cab from JD1 which works correctly please let me know.

I already have two but none works ok on shortcuts.

Thank you.

noted, shall do 23113 with HR now.

X my finger ;)

btw the hard reset format is asuch ?

while O2 is off. press the standby, and up vol then press ans and then press power on follow by ans button?

Hey guys,

Please mention your exact ROM since Gary has released 5 JD1 ROMS so other people know what are you talking about.

On mine JD1 23113 video call works fine.

In order video call to work must "Band selection" be on "Automatic" and you should have 3G available network in the area.

ahh icic..

Thx for this solution dande!

Always wondering if other cooker's ROMs had Video all removed when it was ME who "disabled" it myself, running on 2G all the time.

THX it worked!! On build 21647,working great so far!! ^__^

Guest bouboule

First i like your ROMs a lot.

A lot of memory, nothing to disturb

But I have a problem with the 23103 and 113.

If i close OFF the phone a long time. 90% of times i cannot Open.

The phone starts, i have the first screen "Samsung OMNIA II" and it hangs when it wants to change and have your screen with music. ANd nothing. I must take out the battery, the Memorycard, Wait a long time. SOmetimes i must try it again 2 or 3 times.

And when it starts the date is always on January 2005 and i must change it !!! No other problems seen

If i OFF the phone for 1 minute it's ok.

But long time (in the plane for exemple) it hangs.

But when i reset there is no problems.

SOmebody have the same problem, any idea ?

Guest selcuk666

Dear Gary your roms are excellant, I use your 13 april rom, when I sent an sms and return to desktop the phone freezes and I see messagin title on the right upper top on the desktop screen, then I take out battery reopen the phone

is there any remedy for this

Guest Wiseon3

Hi,

Gary thanks for this wonderful ROM. So far it works flawlessly, no hangs, huge amount of free RAM and no ring delay. The only problem I've found is that if I set the the timezone to Athens (GMT +2) all incoming messages have the hour wrong (+1). I've tried http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-...ngs-update.mspx and even http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=2872627 , yet none worked, so I've changed the timezone to Berlin (GMT +1) and it now shows the correct time.

Regards

Guest quizesilver
Hi,

Gary thanks for this wonderful ROM. So far it works flawlessly, no hangs, huge amount of free RAM and no ring delay. The only problem I've found is that if I set the the timezone to Athens (GMT +2) all incoming messages have the hour wrong (+1). I've tried http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-...ngs-update.mspx and even http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=2872627 , yet none worked, so I've changed the timezone to Berlin (GMT +1) and it now shows the correct time.

Regards

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=659831

i hope this helps

Guest Gary Crutcher

OK...I've got a working version of JD1/23113 and JD1/21647 with the AppLauncher.

Note: You will lose about 5MB of storage space and 5MB ram but I think it is worth it

to have a configurable app launcher on the home screen. 23113 has about 3MB more ram than 21647.

I will post both roms tomorrow.

Time for a beer and to relax.

Note2: Will also post some CHome utilities and icons for the applauncher.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest dande
Hi,

Regards

My rom is 23113 and has Athens timezone and works fine.

Seems like Daylight saving issue.

When in Samsung's Clock app on World Clock does the time has a sun on top of time?

Tap on GMT+2 Athens etc and activate

"Automatic system time zone update"

Please guys mention always which rom you are talking about.

Guest dande
First i like your ROMs a lot.

A lot of memory, nothing to disturb

But I have a problem with the 23103 and 113.

If i close OFF the phone a long time. 90% of times i cannot Open.

The phone starts, i have the first screen "Samsung OMNIA II" and it hangs when it wants to change and have your screen with music. ANd nothing. I must take out the battery, the Memorycard, Wait a long time. SOmetimes i must try it again 2 or 3 times.

And when it starts the date is always on January 2005 and i must change it !!! No other problems seen

If i OFF the phone for 1 minute it's ok.

But long time (in the plane for exemple) it hangs.

But when i reset there is no problems.

SOmebody have the same problem, any idea ?

I have 23113 and I don't have any of your issues.

Which version phone part do you have?

Did you Hard Reset after flashing?

No other problems seen? ;) You got enough already man.

Guest Chivas610

I can not sync with vista ;) It says i need activesync 4.5 or newer to sync, but vista do not use activesync ;) any solution?

Im using the jd1 with samsung today...

Guest speedfrog

do you have windows mobile device center 6.1?

------------------------------------------------------

har du windows mobile device center 6.1 eller nyere?

Edited by speedfrog