Wireless tethering with iPad keeps disconnecting

Guest ranblv

Guest ranblv

anyone else tethering his iPad with the N1 desire ROM using "wireless tethering"?

every ~10 minutes I get disconnected, The iPad still thinks it is connected, no web work can be done.

Any ideas?

Edited by ranblv

Guest b0unce
anyone else tethering his iPad with the N1 desire ROM using "wireless tethering"?

every ~10 minutes I get disconnected, The iPad still thinks it is connected, no web work can be done.

Any ideas?

haha this post is so ironic.. your apple based device doesn't work with android ;)

Guest ranblv
haha this post is so ironic.. your apple based device doesn't work with android ;)

I thought it was ironic I am using the WiFi only device with 3G thanks to a rooted android :-)

"Eat your heart out Steve jobs"

Edited by ranblv

Guest stevenbriggs

I figured I'd reply...I am doing the exact same thing, but haven't been able to replicate the issue you're experiencing.

I can only assume you've messed with all of the options within the wireless tethering app? I don't know why any of them would have much to do with what you're seeing, but...who knows.

Good luck!

(Btw...I'm currently running Cyanogen 5.0.5.3-N1)

Guest ranblv
I figured I'd reply...I am doing the exact same thing, but haven't been able to replicate the issue you're experiencing.

I can only assume you've messed with all of the options within the wireless tethering app? I don't know why any of them would have much to do with what you're seeing, but...who knows.

Good luck!

(Btw...I'm currently running Cyanogen 5.0.5.3-N1)

Thanks, I am using the desire ROM, I changed all the settings cause I needed to set encryption.

I might try the CM ROM.

Guest muncheese

Have you checked your wifi sleeping policy by any chance? I know that's usually for connecting to other routers, but it might be for the wifi antenna in general.

Guest tropmonky

Tethering is always an issue for me.... both wired and wireless. If I get a call or make a call I loose my data connection and my phone loves/wants to drop all the way down to GPRS even though there is a 100% 3G signal where I'm at.

VERY annoying, I was able to use 3G data and chat at the same time with my rooted iPhone 3G...

Sometimes even with not in a call the phone will drop down to GPRS when in tethered mode to. I think it happens when the phone tries to send or receive a TXT msg.

I've posted questions regarding this behavior and haven't gotten many responses or help regarding it.

Guest ranblv

@muncheese will check those settings.

@tropmonky I used to have this happen to me but after I flashed the new radio and the desire ROM those problem were gone.

although I wouldn't touch the radio unless you know what to do.

Guest Jim Zafrani

I am using the iPad with my N1 tethered and never had an issue other than it will not disconnect from the N1 when I turn off the tethering...

Guest sftechiegirl

Same here.

I am using the iPad with my N1 tethered and never had an issue other than it will not disconnect from the N1 when I turn off the tethering...

Guest willdenham

Make sure your wireless settings do not enable turning off the wireless antenna when the phone goes to sleep/screen turns off. That behavior is enabled by default and can be corrected by going into Settings -> Wireless and then pressing the menu key to get into the advanced settings.

Guest tropmonky

Have you guys tried making a phone call at the same time yet????? Let me know if you phones keep pumping out data when you're more than TWO minutes into a phone call....

Thanks!