got a bricked N1...

Guest ndep

some guy successfully bricked his N1 as soon as he received it about 2 months ago. When this expensive brick reached my hand, he didn't even remember what he had done... and this brick had been through many many ppl for repair, so there is no way for me to know what exactly happened during the last 2 months...

Anyway, now it:

1. light doesn't turn on when charging(not sure yet whether it is actually charing)

2. trackball + power could gets it to fastboot screen, but none of the key is working then, so I cannot enter fastboot nor recovery mode..

3. after single press of power button when powered off, red/green/blue/white color bar and 3 droids on the screen

so , now I cannot put it in fastboot nor recovery mode, stuck.

could there be anything I can do to rescue it?

Guest Samlock
some guy successfully bricked his N1 as soon as he received it about 2 months ago. When this expensive brick reached my hand, he didn't even remember what he had done... and this brick had been through many many ppl for repair, so there is no way for me to know what exactly happened during the last 2 months...

Anyway, now it:

1. light doesn't turn on when charging(not sure yet whether it is actually charing)

2. trackball + power could gets it to fastboot screen, but none of the key is working then, so I cannot enter fastboot nor recovery mode..

3. after single press of power button when powered off, red/green/blue/white color bar and 3 droids on the screen

so , now I cannot put it in fastboot nor recovery mode, stuck.

could there be anything I can do to rescue it?

I'm no pro so I'm probably wrong, but is there anything you can do through adb? Perhaps reflash the firmware? ;) As I said I'm no pro, and just taking a guess with the (little) knowledge I have from recovering my Pulse from a few bricking sessions ;)

I'm no pro so I'm probably wrong, but is there anything you can do through adb? Perhaps reflash the firmware? ;) As I said I'm no pro, and just taking a guess with the (little) knowledge I have from recovering my Pulse from a few bricking sessions ;)

worst thing is, I cannot even enter fastboot mode... "fastboot devices" does not show anything in the first screen after power+trackball

Guest Samlock
worst thing is, I cannot even enter fastboot mode... "fastboot devices" does not show anything in the first screen after power+trackball

Ah, sorry I must've misread your post I thought you could get to fastboot! ;) Hope you get it working mate, sorry I can't be of any help! ;)

Was worth a try, 'eh? ;)

Edited by Samlock

Guest todbld

dont try to get to fast boot with the phone do it through adb... adb reboot bootloader or recovery etc... if its still turning on i doubt its bricked once in boot loader flash a new everything, if you can get it to boot in recovery first even better wipe everything, than reboot bootloader and reflash a new everything

• 2 months later...
dont try to get to fast boot with the phone do it through adb... adb reboot bootloader or recovery etc... if its still turning on i doubt its bricked once in boot loader flash a new everything, if you can get it to boot in recovery first even better wipe everything, than reboot bootloader and reflash a new everything

I have a similar issue,

I cant access the bootloader or recovery by trackball,down vol or via adb reboot bootloader/recovery. I also cannot use fastboot command. I can use the adb-mac command though. My question is, with adb alone, can I reimage my nexus one to fix things?

Thanks

Guest magicpie1980
I have a similar issue,

I cant access the bootloader or recovery by trackball,down vol or via adb reboot bootloader/recovery. I also cannot use fastboot command. I can use the adb-mac command though. My question is, with adb alone, can I reimage my nexus one to fix things?

Thanks

If you send back to google there is a chance they will restore your phone for free, but if not you may have to pay a bit of money;( But i have seen the majority of people get repaired for nothing, even after unlocking the bootloader;)