Nexus One Radio Image

Guest Victor Bello

Guest Victor Bello

OK, first thing I should make clear, I'm the biggest newbie you'll meet today when it comes to ROMs and Flashing and all that stuff, I may have gotten a flashlight and started "flashing" my phone to get it rooted day 1. So understand, if anything I ask feels like a stupid question, it may be, but I don't know much when it comes to all this "phone customizing" business.

That said, I have a question.

I read all over the place about the Radio image or something like that, to my understanding, that's what the phone uses to connect to the wireless service? Well, if it is, I may need a new image, I successfully unlocked/rooted/flashed my N1 and is currently running on the r21 sense rom. I love it, it's way better than the stock stuff. I just want to know if I need a new image for my phone and if I do, how do I get it in there, tons of people talk about adb, I suppose that's the ADK? I don't know. Please help.

Thanks,

VB

Guest Jonnyw2k

READ FIRST: Radio image is something you dont really want to play with as there is an "increased" risk of bricking your phone.

If you are having problems with calls dropping or not being able to get signal then you may consider it.

ADB is the Android Debug Bridge which is used for sending comands to the phone which is part of the SDK, the SDK also includes "fastboot" this allows you to flash images onto your device.

The easiest way to update the radio would be to use the online kitchen for the desire rom which includes the checkbox:

"Radio Image: This option includes the new 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2 radio image as part of the update zip."

Then you would be able to just install the update.zip as you installed before.

Guest Victor Bello
READ FIRST: Radio image is something you dont really want to play with as there is an "increased" risk of bricking your phone.

If you are having problems with calls dropping or not being able to get signal then you may consider it.

ADB is the Android Debug Bridge which is used for sending comands to the phone which is part of the SDK, the SDK also includes "fastboot" this allows you to flash images onto your device.

The easiest way to update the radio would be to use the online kitchen for the desire rom which includes the checkbox:

"Radio Image: This option includes the new 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2 radio image as part of the update zip."

Then you would be able to just install the update.zip as you installed before.

Thanks, the thing is that I just got the thing working perfect as I want it and I didn't want to flash any other full roms, is there a way to get just the radio image in there? If not, I'll cook me up one with the radio image.

Thanks.

Edited by Victor Bello

Guest Victor Bello
you can just cook the same rom as before and just just apply the update.zip you shouldn't need a wipe

Wait, if I cook a new rom, I can actually update without wiping? Because I cooked one, it's downloading now, and I removed some of the applications that were there on the default rom, which are installed on mine right now, so if I just rename this rom to update.zip and flash without wipe, will those apps go away?

Guest Jonnyw2k
Wait, if I cook a new rom, I can actually update without wiping? Because I cooked one, it's downloading now, and I removed some of the applications that were there on the default rom, which are installed on mine right now, so if I just rename this rom to update.zip and flash without wipe, will those apps go away?

Not 100% sure

Guest Victor Bello
Whats it doing?

Nevermind, I panicked a little bit.

I baked a ROM with the new radio image. It installed correctly and I get way better reception. Thanks for all your help.

Now, If I want to bake a new ROM, the one I baked has some stuff I don't want, I shouldn't include the radio image again right? It's already on the phone, a wipe shouldn't delete it. Is that correct?

Guest Victor Bello
Thats good then, I'm not 100% sure if the rom contains the radio, just leave it as it is for the moment before you do brick it ;)

Cool. Will do.