Any news on 2.1?

Guest Carl_Brummy

Guest Carl_Brummy

Hi guys,

Is there any news at all yet on any leaks, or other language versions of 2.1 for hero? We are now well into April, and according to all the schedules, some regions should have started receiving these by now.

Forgive me if I have asked the same question as a million others... ;)

Carl.

Guest Spooke

I heard that it was delayed till the 30th April :/, http://www.xatakamovil.com/sistemas-operat...-al-30-de-abril

I'm sure it will get leaked sometime soon though,

In reference to your query, in this case, on updating the ROM to 2.1, we inform you that: We have received official confirmation about updating the ROM to 2.1 (Orange) and will be available on 30/04/2010 in Official Website of HTC for download.

Why dont you try one of the 2.1 roms that are from either the Droid Eris leak or Legend leak??

Im currently running Legendroid 1.01 Final and its great..

Edited by Spooke

Guest raskall
I heard that it was delayed till the 30th April :/, http://www.xatakamovil.com/sistemas-operat...-al-30-de-abril

I'm sure it will get leaked sometime soon though,

Why dont you try one of the 2.1 roms that are from either the Droid Eris leak or Legend leak??

Im currently running Legendroid 1.01 Final and its great..

The final Test for the Sprint (CDMA) Hero has leaked and is available from androidcentral. But that doesnt help us GSM users. But hopefully the GSM version will leak very soon also. Or if someone can customize the CDMA Rom for use on the GSM.

Guest Wilkcos
The final Test for the Sprint (CDMA) Hero has leaked and is available from androidcentral. But that doesnt help us GSM users. But hopefully the GSM version will leak very soon also. Or if someone can customize the CDMA Rom for use on the GSM.

The CDMA roms have been ported to the GSM hero, as with such roms as the VillainROM

VillainRom 5.2

Guest Wad3th
The CDMA roms have been ported to the GSM hero, as with such roms as the VillainROM

VillainRom 5.2

I use this ROM and its by far the best I have tried - And I have tried a lot too! As its ported from the CDMA Hero 2.1 leak, its designed with the Hero hardware in mind which makes it fast and very stable.

The official 2.1 GSM version should be interesting, especially when all the custom ROM's start coming out.

But yeah, the VillainRom 5.2 is one I would certainly recommend, at least until the official GSM ROM comes out.

Guest Carl_Brummy
I use this ROM and its by far the best I have tried - And I have tried a lot too! As its ported from the CDMA Hero 2.1 leak, its designed with the Hero hardware in mind which makes it fast and very stable.

The official 2.1 GSM version should be interesting, especially when all the custom ROM's start coming out.

But yeah, the VillainRom 5.2 is one I would certainly recommend, at least until the official GSM ROM comes out.

I get the feeling as it has gone all too quiet, that the delays would be about right, you would have expected there to be a bit of a buzz given that it is only a matter of 3 days away.... May look into the other ROM though.

Carl.

Guest Spooke
HTC really boil my p1ss! I certainly wont be buying another Sense phone in future, Vanilla Android all the way for me!

Well you obviously made the wrong choice to start with??

There are plenty of 2.1 roms out there? They are just as good as the real thing..

Guest chucky.egg

Do we need another new thread every week just to remind ourselves that, No, we don't have 2.1 yet?

Can we all just accept that if/when 2.1 comes out we'll hear about it?

Don't you think there are enough people waiting for it that perhaps someone will mention when they find it released?

Guest kingkeld

VillainRom 5.2

I tried the Villain 5.22 rom for a day or two, and I am honestly happy to be back on MCR3.2. VillianRom is not bad, but it is extremely slow and laggy compared to our beloved MCR!

I really wanted to like it, but I found it too annoying, and that plus it being somewhat unstable made me go back. Now , I am patiently waiting for Paul to bring us his love.

Kingkeld

Guest dr_ysp
I tried the Villain 5.22 rom for a day or two, and I am honestly happy to be back on MCR3.2. VillianRom is not bad, but it is extremely slow and laggy compared to our beloved MCR!

I really wanted to like it, but I found it too annoying, and that plus it being somewhat unstable made me go back. Now , I am patiently waiting for Paul to bring us his love.

Kingkeld

+1

same as my thaughts mate!!

this is what i had done except any how i find kimera more stable & more fast as compared to mcr 3.2

i also love the new icons on kimera. exit has done some fantastic job.

I found villain a hog last time i used it, usually left me with hardly any memory left whereas legendroid seemed to have double on boot. Was going to give it another try but think ill stick with this until the official is out, hopefully its the 16th, if not the 30th.

Guest masterpfa
Do we need another new thread every week just to remind ourselves that, No, we don't have 2.1 yet?

Can we all just accept that if/when 2.1 comes out we'll hear about it?

Don't you think there are enough people waiting for it that perhaps someone will mention when they find it released?

+1

I check here daily hoping to see a post saying 2.1 released and that a developer have released a customised ROM.

But it hasn't happened, unfortunately it's filled with more and more "When is 2.1 coming" posts.

People let's change the record. As has been said many times before, there are plenty of 2.1 ROMS to play with now and they are very good, just not perfect.

Guest FrAN_oC

On the article mentioned some posts before (the one found at www.xatakamovil.com), says that ORANGE SPAIN ROM for GSM Hero will be released on 30th April. So I hope that the real release date would be 16th April...

It happened the same with 2.73 ROMs. I had it about 10 days before the release for Orange Spain phones (Thanks to Paul MCRs).

Guest Kalle Falter

let's compose a 2.1 Upgrade Song.... here are my first 2 lines:

no leak this week, no update to seek

MoDaCo rocks, but waiting sucks ;)

Guest Remington Steale

Just use the chorus from "Lets go round again"

Let's go round again

Maybe we'll turn back the hands of time

Let's go round again

One more time

Let's go round again

Maybe we'll turn back the hands of time

Let's go round again

One more time, one more time, one more time

One more time

Guest jonathanmusto
Well you obviously made the wrong choice to start with??

There are plenty of 2.1 roms out there? They are just as good as the real thing..

I know, i've tried almost all of them but ended up going back to MCR3.2!

Guest Jub Fequois

And HTC are just

Wanking their c...

Guest Carl_Brummy
forget about getting update this month:

http://phandroid.com/2010/04/15/get-your-h...e-end-of-april/

HTC said end of april, I say that's means end of May/June earliest.

You know, I started this thread as we were drawing near to the supposed 'release date (16th April for Europe), and the mention of potential leaks made be think that Paul *may* have gotten it sooner, but instead I get a load of flaming about 'yet another 2.1 thread', don't forget there was a massive flurry of takers for the initial wave of 2.1 roms like Villian, JNWhite etc, etc

Just shows that the frustration of waiting even longer is impacting on peoples tolerance of a constant reminder of what should be....hopefully blinkin' sooner....

These forums are for everyone to ask questions, share views, opinions and experiences regarding HTC hero. This is not a 'are we nearly there yet' thread, but a simple question if anyone had heard anything concrete....

IMHO, I think if we hadn't already seen the massive improvements between 1.5 and 2.1 we wouldn't be like fat kids all over an ice cream.... ;)

Carl.

Guest cezent
You know, I started this thread as we were drawing near to the supposed 'release date (16th April for Europe), and the mention of potential leaks made be think that Paul *may* have gotten it sooner, but instead I get a load of flaming about 'yet another 2.1 thread', don't forget there was a massive flurry of takers for the initial wave of 2.1 roms like Villian, JNWhite etc, etc

Just shows that the frustration of waiting even longer is impacting on peoples tolerance of a constant reminder of what should be....hopefully blinkin' sooner....

These forums are for everyone to ask questions, share views, opinions and experiences regarding HTC hero. This is not a 'are we nearly there yet' thread, but a simple question if anyone had heard anything concrete....

IMHO, I think if we hadn't already seen the massive improvements between 1.5 and 2.1 we wouldn't be like fat kids all over an ice cream.... ;)

Carl.

Get a Nexus One

Guest shenshang

Look guys, stop trolling, HTC are one of the very few phone companies who give a rat's ass to patch bugs and do ROM upgrades. So people who say they will never buy from HTC again, you're taking these upgrades for granted, you'll be even more pissed when your ROM doesnt even get upgraded because you're on an android phone from a company who dont give a crap about old phones. So guys, basically, be patient.