DC22 6.5 23569

Guest peperonikiller

Guest peperonikiller

Just added my M2D rom! Check post #4 Sorry no screenies yet or info. Same theme as other roms so ya have an idea.

Guest tractor101
Just added my M2D rom! Check post #4 Sorry no screenies yet or info. Same theme as other roms so ya have an idea.

Finally! :) Downloading..

EDIT: Very - Very nice! The only thing is the text is a little hard to see against the background but other than that, everything (i've tried) work!

Very nice ROM - thanks for sharing.

Edited by tractor101

Guest peperonikiller

Yea, the text is hard to read on some areas, Im going to add some background images in a few areas to make it better hopefully in the next release. This is just a release to get it out there!

Guest peperonikiller

Working on updating my M2D rom right now.

Fixing Internet tab not launching Opera: Fixed

Updating M2D Taskbar

Im also going to add pictures and the description for the M2D rom.

So... M2D v2 released later today...

Does anyone have any requests/feedback for the current version?

Guest prodmage
Working on updating my M2D rom right now.

Fixing Internet tab not launching Opera: Fixed

Updating M2D Taskbar

Im also going to add pictures and the description for the M2D rom.

So... M2D v2 released later today...

Does anyone have any requests/feedback for the current version?

Just wondering if you were going to post an M2D version to your FB group.....

Guest peperonikiller
Just wondering if you were going to post an M2D version to your FB group.....

I can now that someone has requested it :rolleyes:

Guest peperonikiller

No problem! Might be like an hour or two before i get around to building it, i moved my kitchen over to my EeePC which was a bad idea cuz the SSD on it is going bad and will hang ever so often, making things impossibly slow... oh well haha at least im working on it more often ^.^

Guest A4DRIVR

I've loaded the lite version and my Omnia and it seems to be having issues with some of the icons... When entering into sub-menus using the windows icon (start button) atleast 2 steps deep (Going into settings) the back arrow icon disappears? It actually shows two windows icons???

Another issue I'm having is that when I attempt to unlock my device after the screen has turned off... once it turns back on, the slide function will be unresponsive. This has required me to reboot my device in order to regain control of the handset.

Lastly, office mobile 2010 is out of Beta and the cab file is no longer functional.

Don't mean to nit pick... just reporting some issues I have found! Otherwise the ROM seems pretty good.

Thanks,

Guest Christian35_70

Could someone help me, some of the icons on the start menu like Facebook or Coreplayer look stretched on my screen, is there anyway I can fix that like make the icons smaller or something ? please help. thanks

Guest robertjm

The icons are generally just .png files so you should be able to open them with Photoshop or GIMP and then fix it as you want to. Then use Resco Explorer or Total Commander to copy them back to where they were originally.

Could someone help me, some of the icons on the start menu like Facebook or Coreplayer look stretched on my screen, is there anyway I can fix that like make the icons smaller or something ? please help. thanks

Guest .Ejekt

M2D V2 is working great! One question though (marginally noobish, but for some reason I don't know the answer). How can I get apps like Calendar, Contacts, Alarms, Calculator, etc. to appear in the Start Menu folder (windows/start menu/programs/)? I like to organize my start menu into folders and I can't access these program exe's.

Thanks!

Guest peperonikiller
M2D V2 is working great! One question though (marginally noobish, but for some reason I don't know the answer). How can I get apps like Calendar, Contacts, Alarms, Calculator, etc. to appear in the Start Menu folder (windows/start menu/programs/)? I like to organize my start menu into folders and I can't access these program exe's.

Thanks!

You should be able to add shortcuts into the \Windows\Start Menu folder

Guest robertjm

The Windows folder may be hidden on your system. Don't forget to make sure you have Hidden and System files visible when making the changes.

Thanks!

Guest .Ejekt
The Windows folder may be hidden on your system. Don't forget to make sure you have Hidden and System files visible when making the changes.

No it's not that. I have full access to the Start Menu folder. It's just that not all the programs that appear in the start menu appear in the file explorer.

Guest tsumeone

I switched from a (much) older ROM to this, and notice one of my favorite features is missing :rolleyes: In the options for assigning the buttons, the tab at the bottom for setting the volume key hold to turn on the camera flash as a flashlight is not there. Any way to enable this?

Guest peperonikiller
I switched from a (much) older ROM to this, and notice one of my favorite features is missing :rolleyes: In the options for assigning the buttons, the tab at the bottom for setting the volume key hold to turn on the camera flash as a flashlight is not there. Any way to enable this?

Its probably from the DC22 Rom not having it, i will look into it though

Guest tsumeone

Thanks, if its any help I am using the M2D version.

My older rom was one of the first DC22 roms posted here, and it did have the flashlight button present. It was a titantium rom, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Guest peperonikiller
Thanks, if its any help I am using the M2D version.

My older rom was one of the first DC22 roms posted here, and it did have the flashlight button present. It was a titantium rom, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I bet its something i took out of my DC22 OEM folder then

Guest robertjm

I just went back and reread what you wrote and I think I misunderstood what you were saying vis a vie what you're trying to do.

The items in the Start Menu are .lnk files, not the actual executable files for the programs themselves. (example: Opera.lnk is the link file which resides in the /windows/Start Menu/Programs folder. Within that file is the path to the actual directory where the item is installed /Program Files/Opera/Opera.exe).

If you want to create folders, create them and then drag the .lnk file into the folder you want it to appear in.

Hopefully, that answers more what you're asking.

Robert

No it's not that. I have full access to the Start Menu folder. It's just that not all the programs that appear in the start menu appear in the file explorer.

Guest .Ejekt
I just went back and reread what you wrote and I think I misunderstood what you were saying vis a vie what you're trying to do.

The items in the Start Menu are .lnk files, not the actual executable files for the programs themselves. (example: Opera.lnk is the link file which resides in the /windows/Start Menu/Programs folder. Within that file is the path to the actual directory where the item is installed /Program Files/Opera/Opera.exe).

If you want to create folders, create them and then drag the .lnk file into the folder you want it to appear in.

Hopefully, that answers more what you're asking.

Robert

Yes, they were .lnk files, I was just using the wrong term. Anyways, I figured it out. Since the programs are cooked into the ROM, they don't show up in the file explorer (because they're system files and explorer's default settings hide sys files) You just need to set file explorer to unhide system files and they should show up in the Start Menu folder.

Guest Maver

I love your M2D build, so fast, like i never seen before. lol

But i'm curious I'd like to play with gps lock to get faster locking times, but i'm confused in how i should be messing with it, people seem to say 0, 512, 512 is the way to go, but then sometimes google maps gets an error when talking to the gps. So what should i be looking for when i test it? just get it as low as i can go and run stable? should i use google maps for testing?

What I really wanted to ask though is how do I change the background in M2D, you didn't include a M2DC (i think because the current version out doesn't support M2D2).

I don't know which build you personally use on your phone, but in the M2D build the background is so light you can't read text messages, and the weather is a bit difficult, so i wanted to change the m2d background so something a little darker because the text is all white (or can you turn the text to black? that would probably work better in sunlight, a light background with black text)

Thanks for the help, keep on cooking :(