Easy to create your lite rom like me...

Guest twu2

When I remove stuff from the OEM/SYS folders, and build a ROM;

- poutlook is missing

usually, this error happen because you forget to include MyOEM to your rom.

Guest HAL_9000

Noob question:

Can anybody please explain me 4. step in first post from Twu2?

There is:

and follow wes58's documentation, copy and change the file we need for LZX compression

What exactly means this sentence? Pdf file from wes58 is only description of functions. What should I copy and change?

Because personal changes of ROM are in step 11.... or not?

Edited by HAL_9000

Guest ErnstJanF
usually, this error happen because you forget to include MyOEM to your rom.

Thanks for your reply! :(

I did that, but as I do not use 0409 (I'm using 0413) it's not working for me..

Could you please tell me how to change the language of the MyOEM folder? :(

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your reply! :(

I did that, but as I do not use 0409 (I'm using 0413) it's not working for me..

Could you please tell me how to change the language of the MyOEM folder? :(

Thanks in advance

you can remove the .rgu and .provxml file in zzzzzMyMods if you don't want it.

but you need to keep custat.dll in this folder, and include My OEM to build your rom.

Guest ErnstJanF
you can remove the .rgu and .provxml file in zzzzzMyMods if you don't want it.

but you need to keep custat.dll in this folder, and include My OEM to build your rom.

Giving it a try now, will report back to you soon :(

EDIT: Is it neccesary to edit the initflashfiles.dat in OEM_LANG_0413? (Or can I just remove crap and leave that one)

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest lastnikita
What exactly means this sentence? Pdf file from wes58 is only description of functions. What should I copy and change?

Got the same problem =)

Tried to build without LZX but got an error in buildos : File not found

(I clicked OK on that msgbox before I took the screenshot)

:-/

post-268112-1280319445_thumb.png

Edited by lastnikita

Guest ErnstJanF
Got the same problem =)

Tried to build without LZX but got an error in buildos : File not found

(I clicked OK on that msgbox before I took the screenshot)

:-/

Just cook with LZX compression?

Guest Del1701

Hi twu2 I was wondering how I can keep the samsung messaging app using your script instead of it being deleted and using the standard winmo app ?

Guest Del1701
in my setting, the samsung messaging app still in the rom.

you need to create a shortcut for jinbox.exe to launch it.

Thanks twu2 :(

Guest teedesk

Hey, does this work for version JC4 as well?

Thanks.

here is the new version for my i8000lite.php script. it can move the deleted files to OEM folder as a OEM package now, so you can choose any package you need to build the rom.

i8000lite_v2_eng.zip

I change the folder structure in this file, the OEM\zzzzzMyMods will be deleted when you dump the rom_dump.bin file, so I move it to under LITE folder, and you need to copy it to OEM folder, so the setting and files will apply to your rom.

same procedure as before, the only different is:

post-609730-1271215678_thumb.png

yes, you can select any package in BuildOS now.

The template (under LITE\OEM\ folder) is based on JD1 version, it should work for other version too.

This script will try to move some .mui also, so it might have some extra .mui files in the OEM\zzzOEM_xxxxxx folder, you can clean it as your need.

Guest teedesk

i got these 2 items missing after creating the lite version:

a) poutlook

:) tmail

any idea where the problem is? thanks

It should work for all official version.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest joecruz

hi twu2...quick question, will this work with roms from other samsung devices? like the b7610 (omnia pro with keyboard)? I beleive there is a lot of similarities with the devices but don't know about the roms. I'm thinking it should contain the same contents....

Guest joecruz

looks ok to work with my b7610 however, when i try build OS i keep getting a registry error. failed to build registry....damn..i'd really like a lite rom for b7610

• 3 weeks later...
Guest speedfrog

hey twu2 :P

how about removing samsung settings to the script (we can chose it in build os). it will be much faster and more free ram. Also in htc sense roms, it will be faster because we dont need the samsung setting, we got the htc settings :)

hey twu2 :P

how about removing samsung settings to the script (we can chose it in build os). it will be much faster and more free ram. Also in htc sense roms, it will be faster because we dont need the samsung setting, we got the htc settings :)

first, you need to know what files belong to Samsung Settings (or you just need to remove the main setting program?)...

then add a text file under LITE\OEM\ (maybe named as 'Samsung Settings.txt'), then add all filename to this text file, and also add all filename to LITE\delete_files.txt.

when you have this, every time you execute the php script, it will move it to a OEM package, then you can choose it from BuildOS.

I think Samsung Settings include setting*.exe, but... some of them maybe also used during the boot.... if you remove all of them, it might not boot for the device.... you need to test it, if you want to remove them.

looks ok to work with my b7610 however, when i try build OS i keep getting a registry error. failed to build registry....damn..i'd really like a lite rom for b7610

maybe you forget to put cabarc.exe to your tools folder.

wes58's romtool 3.0 rar didn't include this file. without this, you will get error when build registry.

Guest Victorrr72

PLEASE help, what and where you need to edit the registry to remove from the firmware Samsung keyboard and XT9?

Help, because the brain is boiling, the solution can not be found.

Excuse my English. Thanks.

I just use WinCE Cab Manager to create the cab file.

Hi twu2,

Thanks for all how to use WinCE Cab Manager create cab file from zzzOEM_XXXX folder.

I would like to create cab install file from OEM folder.

Thanks for all how to use WinCE Cab Manager create cab file from zzzOEM_XXXX folder.

I would like to create cab install file from OEM folder.

1. execute WinCE Cab Manager, File => New (by default, it should automatic pop the wizard)

2. add the files under the OEM folder (don't include .dsm, .rgu, .provxml and option.xml files) to Files page.

3. import the registry setting from .rgu

but not all files can put in the same folder, for a simple application, all files in same folder will work, but some will fail, and.... some application also need to rename the files (because in dump folder, it's not allow duplicate file name)

for example, Samsung WidgetPlus also use Opera as a kernel.... so it also include the files for Opera, but the rom also have Opera browser... so some files are duplicate...

so Samsung change the filenmae for widgetplus... and rename it in initflashfiles.dat to avoid the duplicate filename issue.

you need to check initflashfiles.dat and some .provxml to know the destination folder and filename.