Can anyone give me any other GPS alternatives? .. At the moment I got:

• Google maps
  • Nav Launcher for Google maps
  • CoPilot
  • Orange maps (sub required)
  • iGO
  • Ndrive GPS Navigation
  • Navigon MobileNavigator

Think I'm going to get CoPilot but was wondering if there was a definitive "best" option.

Edited by roscoe141

Guest m3allak

Hy

I dont advice you to buy copilote, i have tried it and graphics are so bad, with several malfunctioning, i think that navigon represents a good offer, i've had it under iphone but i did not tried it under android, I've got motonav actually, and i find it very useful and every thing is working on it.

Cheers

Guest roscoe141
Hy

I dont advice you to buy copilote, i have tried it and graphics are so bad, with several malfunctioning, i think that navigon represents a good offer, i've had it under iphone but i did not tried it under android, I've got motonav actually, and i find it very useful and every thing is working on it.

Cheers

Oh ok, that's interesting, I'll take that on board before making my decision. I had been leaning towards CoPilot as it got some reasonable reviews on here.

Can anyone tell me if SatNav software using your network connection? Or is "GPS" separate from that?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest roscoe141

Well I finally got the chance to try out google navigation and found it a bit slow to load. Wasn't overly impressed by it. Perhaps there's a better option out there.

Guest roscoe141

I presume it's slow due to the requirement of downloading the maps or google street images as you drive. I'm beginning to wonder if Co-Pilot if possibly a better option.

Guest peterx666
I presume it's slow due to the requirement of downloading the maps or google street images as you drive. I'm beginning to wonder if Co-Pilot if possibly a better option.

I tried Google Maps navigation on my Acer Liquid and it worked fine

Why would you want anything else - its clear and even has a sexy voice

Pete

Guest roscoe141
I tried Google Maps navigation on my Acer Liquid and it worked fine

Why would you want anything else - its clear and even has a sexy voice

Pete

Too slow to load, Copilot is by far a better option in my opinion with a choice of various "sexy voices" :huh:

Guest JTHM

Sygic Mobile Maps (currently V.9, v.10 is on the horizon) is very (/surprisingly) good. No "live" or traffic features yet - those are coming with Sygic Aura later this year. The choice of voices is a bit limited but the interface is very TomTom-like so easy to navigate and the handling of the PGPSW speed camera database is excellent also.

I tried to use Copilot as my main SatNav on my WM6.1 HTC Touch HD and was very disappointed and I'm reading of persisting routing and interface issues so I'll not be going back there in any hurry.