Deleting nand restore files??

Guest shockaholick

Guest shockaholick

I have flashed my nexus one numerous times with different roms. My question is everytime I do a back up/ restore...I have so many restore points...do i need all of these? can i delete them? How would I delete them? pros ? cons? Thanks to all who respond to this post...thank you..

Edited by shockaholick

Guest mrpainz

I've done the same and deleted them with no problems. There is a folder on the micro sd card called nandroid. They're in there. I usually delete all but the last few, you can look at the file name and see when it was created by the name (ie BDES-20100405-0128 was done on April 5th 2010). You can mount the phone and do that or use a program like astro.

Hope this helps.

Guest houstonblaney1
I have flashed my nexus one numerous times with different roms. My question is everytime I do a back up/ restore...I have so many restore points...do i need all of these? can i delete them? How would I delete them? pros ? cons? Thanks to all who respond to this post...thank you..

I'm pretty selective in determining which ones to keep. I kept my first nandroid backup (of the stock ROM). If I'm upgrading to a new version of CyanogenMod or Paul's Desire ROM, I'll keep the nandroid backup I run before I upgrade to the newer version. If I upgrade to a newer ROM and everything's smooth, I'll do a nandroid backup and then delete the previous one. I pretty much only keep nandroid backups for the most current ROMs (guess it's just luck that it turns out that way for me).