HYBRID ROM: B7610 6.5.3 XXIL2/JD1

Guest daskalos

Guest daskalos

Thnx I'm still uploading it...

Actually I think it's stable enough as a phone and for Internet surfing...

And it's fast for a full ROM.u

But of course I need to Identify all bugs.u

Guest JeroenFransen
I envy i8000 users, for they have an Official 6.5.3 ROM update...And we don't (yet)

This is so great, I hope you can get it stable enough for normal users. Good luck!

Edited by JeroenFransen

Guest santoo
[...]

2. Updated Samsung Apps

[...]

hi daskalos,

thanks for all your hard work!

are you planning on relaeasing the updated apps as well (as a stand-alone-dl, i mean)?

I'd love to help/test, but I've finally got my b7610 set up the way I want (on your excellent 6.5.5 megalite rom), so I don't want to flash just yet...

EDIT: are you referring to these apps?

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...1-program-cabs/

Edited by santoo

Guest daskalos

Oh my the ROM is nearly ready ;) ....I have fixed most of the major bugs like

-inverted accelerometer

-missing camera texts

-wifi and bluetooth connectivity

-no hardware keyboard

-scroll vibration

etc.

Just testing some things and it's ready for use...

Most files, apps and drivers came from i8000 so there still much things to test, though in preliminary testing, the ROM is ok

Edited by daskalos

Guest LycanX
Oh my the ROM is nearly ready ;)

I have fixed most of the major bugs like

-inverted accelerometer

-missing camera texts

-wifi and bluetooth connectivity

-no hardware keyboard

-scroll vibration

etc.

Just testing some things and it's ready for use...

Most files, apps and drivers came from i8000 so there still much things to test, though in preliminary testing, the ROM is ok

Here are some screenshots:

14042010443.jpg14042010444.jpg14042010445-1.jpg

14042010446.jpg15042010450.jpg

hey Daskalos,

i am a big fan of your megalite roms.....but in some forum i have found this rom 6.5.3 which is just perfect. i am only posting the links to this rom....i have downloaded it and it runs like a charm....

absolutely no lags in using the phone. it has all of the stock rom stuff, touchwiz, widgets everything u get in the stock rom .

check this one out. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS the default keyboard provided is so bad....it looks ugly....the rest works like a charm.

here's the link. probably u can cook some custom rom with the samsung stuff intact. please consider using this and creating our own ROM.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QXMWQPIP this is a rar inside which u will get .nb0 file. happy flashing !!!

The name of the file goes like this B7610NXXIL2_huzheyi_V1.2_En.rar

i am only providing the link. great thanks to the one who made it.

But Guys, if u can cook something from this while including all the samsung stuff. it would be just great. cheers V

Edited by LycanX

Guest daskalos
hey Daskalos,

i am a big fan of your megalite roms.....but in some forum i have found this rom 6.5.3 which is just perfect. i am only posting the links to this rom....i have downloaded it and it runs like a charm....

absolutely no lags in using the phone. it has all of the stock rom stuff, touchwiz, widgets everything u get in the stock rom .

But Guys, if u can cook something from this while including all the samsung stuff. it would be just great. cheers V

Is the alignment problem fixed and scroll bar in dialer with this rom? What's it's build number? Free Memory?

Edited by daskalos

Guest shivatink

hey pls dont use this "B7610NXXIL2_huzheyi_V1.2_En.rar" rom it has so many bugs so many main drives has removed and streaming is not working well with a2dp and volume tuning is not working and so many bugs when u start to use...

daskalos u r just great man just do it of ur own rom thats better

Guest shivatink

its built 28230 5.3

and alignment without scroll bar is k fine the problem is some divers and a2dt next track buttons not working with play pause button can u make it work i tried some but still not working

Guest abbeysumit

Just curious to know does the 3 ring delay issue still exists.. as I know I 8000 is not having that issue...

. I am looking forward to this ROM

Cheers

Guest Gaw4R

And what about lang ? I hope you gona make full rom with all lang inculded ;p. Another question is, when you wanna make big premiere ? ^^

Edited by Gaw4R

Guest daskalos
Just curious to know does the 3 ring delay issue still exists.. as I know I 8000 is not having that issue...

. I am looking forward to this ROM

Cheers

Good News, I think the 3 ring delay is fixed in this ROM ;)

-When phone is in standby, there is no delay...delays only happens when phone is in sleep and locked ('cause the phone needs to wake up, turns on backlight/screen,show call graphics etc.) ;)

And what about lang ? I hope you gona make full rom with all lang inculded ;p. Another question is, when you wanna make big premiere ? ^^

As usual, English...It's a full ROM but only in English....

Well still uploading it ;)

Guest FortKnox101

so if this is an official rom by samsung for the i8000, does that mean that the X button will work to close programs on this rom? for instance samsung have included the option of closing a program when pressing X on the current B7610 roms. Also if this turns out to be a good working port, perhaps this could be the first in the line of other i8000 roms...assuming you have permission off the creators of course (*hint* HD2 Leo2 Fusion *hint* ;))

Edited by FortKnox101

Guest daskalos
so if this is an official rom by samsung for the i8000, does that mean that the X button will work to close programs on this rom? for instance samsung have included the option of closing a program when pressing X on the current B7610 roms. Also if this turns out to be a good working port, perhaps this could be the first in the line of other i8000 roms...assuming you have permission off the creators of course (*hint* HD2 Leo2 Fusion *hint* ;))

This ROM uses Samsung Settings from i8000 JD1, and unfortunately, they removed the x button option in Samsung Settings.

Guess they haven't updated the xclosebutton.dll even if they released 6.5.3...Maybe in the next JD2/3

Guest FortKnox101
This ROM uses Samsung Settings from i8000 JD1, and unfortunately, they removed the x button option in Samsung Settings.

Guess they haven't updated the xclosebutton.dll even if they released 6.5.3...Maybe in the next JD2/3

Lets just hope, I could not quite understand how to get AmeBa to work. plus another reason i dont like 6.5.X is because all the buttons etc seem to be enlarged...what are they like in this rom? otherwise I would use 6.5.X but because of those two things i've stuck with 6.5.

Edited by FortKnox101

Guest daskalos
Lets just hope, I could not quite understand how to get AmeBa to work. plus another reason i dont like 6.5.X is because all the buttons etc seem to be enlarged...what are they like in this rom? otherwise I would use 6.5.X but because of those two things i've stuck with 6.5.

Well the 6.5.3 is just like 6.5...the only difference is the bottom bar buttons and upper tabs

Enlarge buttons are necessary for the UI to be "finger friendly". In 6.5.5 case, it is made more finger friendly (larger buttons) and fancier.

So we have:

6.5- no buttons, plain WM UI and skin

6.5.3- with buttons and tabs, not much change in WM apps UI (just like 6.5)

6.5.5- with (more) buttons and tabs, changed most WM apps skin and UI to be more finger friendly and an eye candy

Edited by daskalos

Guest FortKnox101
Well the 6.5.3 is just like 6.5...the only difference is the bottom bar buttons and upper tabs

Enlarge buttons are necessary for the UI to be "finger friendly". In 6.5.5 case, it is made more finger friendly (larger buttons) and fancier.

So we have:

6.5- no buttons, plain WM UI and skin

6.5.3- with buttons and tabs, not much change in WM apps UI (just like 6.5)

6.5.5- with buttons and tabs, changed most WM apps skin and UI to be more finger friendly and an eye candy

I see, well i'll be sure to test the ROM out.

Guest keltonas

Daskalos is this rom multilingual ?

Greek language is included ?

You are doing a great job !!!!

Edited by keltonas

Guest FortKnox101

Great ROM, love how the volume control integrates with the Touch Player giving more sound levels. Just barely able to install HTC Sense with 0.02 program memory left lol, but htc sense ran lightning fast on it though (to me anyway) but doesn't leave any memory for anything else, so im left with a choice, stick with this and live without HTC Sense, or go back to your the megalite 6.5 rom and install htc sense with plenty of memory to spare....(* sighs * i should of got the hd2 lol)

Edited by FortKnox101