B7610 IMEI is all zeros, how to restore?

Guest krx

Hi,

Recently I have bought serveral B7610 for my company over the Ebay (B7610 is not available in my country, Samsung did not make localization ;)), and was careless not to check if all IMEI's and serial are OK.

One of them has IMEI which is all zeros (like ~15 zero's), when checking it by *#06#. It has also missing the label/serial on the back, behind the battery. I was unable to solve this with seller, as it went dead-silent, and have reported him as possible fraudster to the Ebay. I do not know, if the phone was stollen or not, but perhaps this IMEI problem is of bad unlock/reset/etc.?

Now - is there a way to restore the original IMEI (or at least assign new), and check for the serial (perhaps Samsung support would map serial->IMEI? for me) inside the EEPROM/etc.? In current provider phone works OK, but I do not know, if it will work in any other network, for example - while roaming...

Guest passion_streak

are you 100% sure its b7610 made by Samsung coz china is known for making clones of popular phones .. may be its one of those .

are you 100% sure its b7610 made by Samsung coz china is known for making clones of popular phones .. may be its one of those .

I do not know, how to differentiate the clone from the original one. I do not believe this is the clone.