The truth about the Nexus Live Wallpaper

Guest bais

Hello everyone, as everybody I wondered why after updating to 0.008.06 the Nexus Live Wallpaper didn't work. (White screen)

When I heard that this bin had corrupted GL's, I thought that was the reason why it didn't work and that we just have to wait for a new bin, or even the final update.

Then after some attempts to customize some other Nexus LW that worked, I replaced the background which was different to the one from the original bin and when I tried it, it became a white screen...Wut?

That's right the reason why it doesn't work is the background xD.

How to fix this:

Get your hands on the LiveWallpapers.apk from your ROM:

-Open your ROM with Winrar (7Zip, Winzip, whatever that works)

-Go to system/app and find the file and extract it.

You have your apk, now save this image, and if needed rename it: pyramid_background:

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=8..._background.png

Now:

-Open the apk with Winrar...

-Go to res/drawable-hdpi and move the pyramid_background.png that you downloaded into this folder.

Finally in command prompt: (you must have the Android SDK and Liquid USB drivers installed)

-adb remount

-adb push LiveWallpapers.apk /system/app

Here you go the LW works! Phew I agree that was kinda long to just replace the background of the Live Wallpaper.

PS: For those who think: "Why do that? We can download NexusMOD from the Market." That's true but NexusMOD eats 12-17 MB of RAM, while stock Nexus eats 5-7 MB.

Edited by bais

Guest xian1243

Trying it now... ;) Thanks for the info bias! Tu gères !

;)

Xian

Update: Here is a working LiveWallpaper.apk Thanks bias!

Download

Edited by xian1243

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mmkim

Yes!! the Nexus Live Wallpaper did work useless by your's 0.008.06

but, 0.010.00bin didn't work and use 'EARTHROT'.............can't show earth wallpaper :huh: