[Kernel] Nexus-fireball-1.15ghz-(Stock Max Voltage) Over Clocking

Guest gr8gorilla

Guest gr8gorilla

TEAM n0ob FIRST RELEASE!

Ok, after my OverClock How-To, I decided to play with overclocking and see what exactly can be gained from stock Max regulator Voltage (1.3v). I have found that at stock you can get up to around 1.15ghz. It is slightly faster than what pershoots kernel runs (38400khz).

As persiansown says, the standard stock voltage is set to 1275, and the regulator is maxed at 1.3v.

What Kind of gains will you see?

You will notice a difference in games like Asphalt, that use a lot processor. You will notice a decrease in battery life as well. Your linpack scores will vary from about 8.5-9.5 depending on your chip.

I have included pershoots undervolting, 8mb ramhack, and audio hack as well. The experimental Rotohammer fix for the headphone jack is compiled in as well, along with several optimizations, following in the footsteps of the Ivan/intersectRaven Kernels. (You could say we KANGED pershoot and just added two frequencies above his)

The frequencies in the kernel from 1113300-1152000 are at stock voltage(1.3v), and I have included the relevant source files. As such they "should" be safe. You never know though!

The recommendation of Team n0ob, is to use set CPU to set your phone to a frequency below 1.11ghz unless you need the extra power for something. Otherwise your battery life will suck and you will stress your processor for no reason.

The included files are not in an update.zip, this is zImage, and bcm4329.ko file only. If flashing this through fastboot is over your head, then you probably don't understand the risks and shouldn't use this anyway!

This is confirmed working on CM-5.0.6-N1.

WARNING!!! THE LONG TERM EFFECTS OF OVERCLOCKING YOUR PROCESSOR CAN INCLUDE:

1. SHORTENED PROCESSORY LIFE

2. OVERHEATING

3. REDUCED BATTERY LIFE

4. BRICKED (IE DEAD DEVICES)

Download Here!

Changed optimizations to VFPv3.

I ask that if you notice anything funny that you flash to a more tested kernel and notify this board immediately. This kernel is at stock voltage, but the increased speeds could have adverse effects. Please let us know if you notice any.

Team n0ob takes no responsibility for any damage that may occur to your device.

Credits: pershoot( thanks for the hard work), Kmobs (same), intersectRaven, Ivan (for beginning optimization trend), Rotohammer(experimental headphone fix), Cyanogen for awesome roms (whose source this is pulled from), chris soyars, and coolbho? (probably screwed up your screen name)

Team n0ob Testers: jlevey, DAMNiaTX Hell! (Thanks)

Edited by gr8gorilla