N1 Screen Calibration Issue

Guest goalfish

Guest goalfish

I'm not sure if it just my phone but I notice that sometimes after using my phone for a period of time without switching it off, the screen acts up and the calibration seems out of whack! This usually happens on the bottom half of the screen when I try to swipe it or press anything for that matter, it either doesn't respond or in the case of swiping through my home screens, it either keeps accessing my list of apps, nothing happens or menu and search option comes up! (aaaargh) Is there anyway to fix this without having me to restart my phone everytime???

And since I'm still on the subject of the screen, I noticed that while I was switching my live wallpaper to the "water" one, the top half of my screen did not display properly and the colors were fuzzy (sort of like an untuned channel on a tv) but it disappeared after a second or two... Did anyone else suffered the same issue???

Guest nugzo
I'm not sure if it just my phone but I notice that sometimes after using my phone for a period of time without switching it off, the screen acts up and the calibration seems out of whack! This usually happens on the bottom half of the screen when I try to swipe it or press anything for that matter, it either doesn't respond or in the case of swiping through my home screens, it either keeps accessing my list of apps, nothing happens or menu and search option comes up! (aaaargh) Is there anyway to fix this without having me to restart my phone everytime???

And since I'm still on the subject of the screen, I noticed that while I was switching my live wallpaper to the "water" one, the top half of my screen did not display properly and the colors were fuzzy (sort of like an untuned channel on a tv) but it disappeared after a second or two... Did anyone else suffered the same issue???

I've noticed the same thing. Real agrivating when using keyboard. /shrug

Guest Jak Crow

This also happens on mine. When this has happened, I ran the Multitouch Vis Test app and it was showing a ghost touch point being detected below the actual point I was touching. Sometimes I've been able to fix this by doing some actions that causes the touch tracking to swap positions a few times and the screen registered properly, but many times I have to reboot the phone to clear the problem.

Guest deanesn

Same here guys. I believe this issue is been tracked by google. Dunno if anything will be done but there are ppl like us. There are plenty of videos on youtube that are getting aggravated. I dont see the issuing happening to me as much since i reboot my phone daily. there is always a reason for me to reboot lol. It doesnt seem hardware issue since a reboot fixes the problem. Let's hope we get it fixed with froyo.

Guest mtakeshi
Same here guys. I believe this issue is been tracked by google. Dunno if anything will be done but there are ppl like us. There are plenty of videos on youtube that are getting aggravated. I dont see the issuing happening to me as much since i reboot my phone daily. there is always a reason for me to reboot lol. It doesnt seem hardware issue since a reboot fixes the problem. Let's hope we get it fixed with froyo.

it seens to happen more when switching from / to landscape and a screen lock / unlock solves the issue for me