thekevster's DC22 6.5 ROMs 23563

Guest thekevster

Guest poseiden79

;) :angry: :D Well I just went back through and flashed my phone to the flotan_new image again in hopes that that would fix it and to no avail. I really don't understand what is going on. I really need this to be working. I drive like 80 miles round trip every day for work in a manual transmission ride. I need both hands. Anyone have any ideas of something I can try or do to get this working?

Guest poseiden79
:D :D ;) Well I just went back through and flashed my phone to the flotan_new image again in hopes that that would fix it and to no avail. I really don't understand what is going on. I really need this to be working. I drive like 80 miles round trip every day for work in a manual transmission ride. I need both hands. Anyone have any ideas of something I can try or do to get this working?

Well, I am thinking until an answer can be found to this that I am going to go back to the version 2 ROM of flotan and keep that on my phone until I see an answer to my bluetooth issue here. This really sucks. :angry:

Guest poseiden79

The phone i am trying to flash is a "refurbished like new" samsung omnia from Verizon. Could it be that this new phone has an issue already with the bluetooth capability of it not working right or could it be something else?

Guest poseiden79
The phone i am trying to flash is a "refurbished like new" samsung omnia from Verizon. Could it be that this new phone has an issue already with the bluetooth capability of it not working right or could it be something else?

Well I flashed the phone back to the stock DC22 rom and tried to connect my bluetooth headset in that version and to no avail. I really think there is an issue with the bluetooth discovery on this refurbed phone itself.

Guest xcapone

Its very possible. I got a refurb with a bad battery once. Take it in to verizon see if they can do anything for you, bluetooth is one of the only features thats mandatory by law (well at least in california)

edit: you did say it saw other things though right? maybe its your device?

Edited by xcapone

Guest poseiden79
Its very possible. I got a refurb with a bad battery once. Take it in to verizon see if they can do anything for you, bluetooth is one of the only features thats mandatory by law (well at least in california)

edit: you did say it saw other things though right? maybe its your device?

I got really lucky. It turns out that as I was trying to get my bluetooth in to discovery mode and it was not getting to that point so my bluetooth was always just on and not in discovery mode. Called VZW tech support and it got all fixed. Phew!!! :angry: So so far I don't see any problems with flotan_new yet either. Keep it up kev.

Guest Prohorizon

Dear Kind Sir,

I currently have on my Omnia i910 Rom version S:i910.10 V.CF03.2090 CE OS 5.2.23515 (Build 23518.5.5.0). I flashed it last year 2009 in September. It's been working great except for a few minor things that don't really bother me. However, I'm interested in yours. I know I have to convert to DC22 first in order to flash your nice work into my device. But I was wondering, would I be better off just finding a newer build for the CF0 format? Where can I find a newer ROM for CF03? Is it relatively safe to go to DC22 from CF03? Thank you for you time & help. God bless you.Newest Roms for i910 July 2010

Guest thinmints1

Kev,

Awesome ROM! This was my first experience flashing with a 6.5 ROM and I must say...well done sir!! I have a question, and maybe the group can answer, but how can I add other items to the Home screen? I was looking to add 'CONTACTS' for one. Also, can I change the default 'FAVORITES' on the Home screen to point to Opera bookmarks and not IE faves?

Another thing I've noticed in Flotanium v3 from Flo v2 (flashed my Omnia i910 first with v2 before I flashed my wife's i910 with v3) is that when in TouchFlo on v3, if I select TODAY it brings up the phone keypad and not the today screen. I had to map a shortcut through Start Menu\Programs to TFDetacher\Close TouchFlo. Not really a big deal, just wanted to know if anyone else has seen this issue with Flotanium v3?

Thanks again kev for a solid ROM experience and keep up the good work!

Guest xcapone
Another thing I've noticed in Flotanium v3 from Flo v2 (flashed my Omnia i910 first with v2 before I flashed my wife's i910 with v3) is that when in TouchFlo on v3, if I select TODAY it brings up the phone keypad and not the today screen. I had to map a shortcut through Start Menu\Programs to TFDetacher\Close TouchFlo. Not really a big deal, just wanted to know if anyone else has seen this issue with Flotanium v3?

Go into M2DC>Softkeys

and select what you want them to do.

Settings must of broke somehow.

as for the other question, seems like a titanium issue, and I've never really gotten into titanium.

Guest iBond007
Dear Kind Sir,

I currently have on my Omnia i910 Rom version S:i910.10 V.CF03.2090 CE OS 5.2.23515 (Build 23518.5.5.0). I flashed it last year 2009 in September. It's been working great except for a few minor things that don't really bother me. However, I'm interested in yours. I know I have to convert to DC22 first in order to flash your nice work into my device. But I was wondering, would I be better off just finding a newer build for the CF0 format? Where can I find a newer ROM for CF03? Is it relatively safe to go to DC22 from CF03? Thank you for you time & help. God bless you.Newest Roms for i910 July 2010

Link to CF03 ROMs:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...6-5-roms-23541/

Guest ocnitsa

Let me just say this was my first time flashing a custom ROM and I love the outcome...I'm using the flotanium version...one thing I wanted to ask about was Office Mobile 2010...It was listed in the notes, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the phone...am I missing something?

Thanks!

Paul

Guest xcapone
Let me just say this was my first time flashing a custom ROM and I love the outcome...I'm using the flotanium version...one thing I wanted to ask about was Office Mobile 2010...It was listed in the notes, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the phone...am I missing something?

Thanks!

Paul

You're probably using the outdated version.

Guest ocnitsa
You're probably using the outdated version.

I'm using the flotaniumv2 from the first page of the thread...isn't that the newest?

Guest shagmasterk

Hello All -

first time poster here - loving the M2D ROM. Nice work Kevster (wherever you are)! Thanks to all who have posted some great info on how to tweak things on this ROM, too.

A small issue i encountered today for the first time is that there doesn't seem to be a landscape image of the background for the main M2D screens. When you rotate 90 degrees, the bg image is all squashed and cut off over on the left side. Also the title bar across the top cuts off part way across. Anyone else notice this?

I saw Kev had posted those 2 images, portrait & landscape, way back on an earlier page of this thread, but in the M2DC settings, there seems to be only one image you can select for the background. I dig the bg image that's there so I didn't try replacing it 'cos i didn't want to lose it as I saw one poster had done. I was about to copy those 2 images to my windows folder as Kev suggested, but they appear to be slightly smaller than the original, and I wasn't sure if they'd be stretched to fill up the screen. Not exactly sure how all that works.

If anyone's already monkeyed with those images, I'd appreciate any info you can give.

Guest danielnorman

Incredible Rom. Great Job. Newbie question...

I'm sort of a newbie and was wondering what version of MD2 is installed in this rom? And Second, what themes are compatible. I have installed several MD2 themes from this site and they all appear to be seriously screwed up when manila starts or it won't start at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Guest danielnorman

Incredible Rom. Great Job. Newbie question...

I'm sort of a newbie and was wondering what version of MD2 is installed in this rom? And Second, what themes are compatible. I have installed several MD2 themes from this site and they all appear to be seriously screwed up when manila starts or it won't start at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Guest .Ejekt

M2D only link is down. Any chance someone could re-up it? Wanna try out this ROM.

Never mind. Just copy & pasted the link into my browser and I got it.

Edited by .Ejekt

Guest viogrep

i just got my omnia last friday perfect. couldnt love a phone more. i also installed your rom a day later after upgrading to dc22. fiirst day everything worked fine. but now my camera wont snap pictures with the camera button. i can assign camera or camera hold to launch the camera fine, but the button doesn't snap pictures feom inside.

sorry for the punctuation. typing this on my phone during lunch.

Guest iBond007

Hello,

Is Kevster cooking something or did he move on to Android? I am waiting for his next best ROM.

Seems like this forum is getting quiet ... where is everybodyyyyyyyyy???????