thekevster's DC22 6.5 ROMs 23563

Guest thekevster

Guest JohnnyKilowatt

Just flashed this yesterday. I love the look. It's clean and actually looks good unlike a lot of these roms.

One thing I am having problems with is editing the accuweather database to include my city. I've tried every cab available and followed every fix I can find on the web. Weather Database Editor 1.1 modified can edit the database, but touchflo's list doesn't update even if you soft reset.

Any ideas?

Guest timmyk465
Timmy,

I just flashed Pep's Lite ROM, which does NOT include PhatFingers at all. Again, installed the Vekkio cab file, but still nothing showing up, so the problem may not necessarily be with PhatFingers, but with installing a cab originally designed for the i900 Omnia.

Found a theme on Modaco which had a link to the Vekkio dialer, which is in Italian and problems with getting the dialer to work on the i910. Unfortunately, there is no clear answer through the entire thread as to anyone getting it working. Did you actually use that .cab to get it working on your phone under a different ROM, or was that dialer already cooked into the other chef's ROM?

Robert

Robert,

I did an extensive search a while ago to find this cab. It is a patched version of the vekkio black samsung dialer for the i910. I installed it on two previous i910 ROMs, and it would work after enabling dialer skins in the Advanced Config utility. There was an issue where a scroll bar would appear, but this was resolved after disabling verticle scroll bars (again using Advanced Config). I have had this running on an i910 ROM and love it. If you or anyone else can help with this problem it would be greatly appreciated. I will post if I can find a solution as well.

The fact that there are still updates and ways to improve the Omnia has made this one of the most enjoyable phone expriences I have had! This community is awesome! Thank you all.

Timbo

Edited by timmyk465

Guest thekevster
Just flashed this yesterday. I love the look. It's clean and actually looks good unlike a lot of these roms.

One thing I am having problems with is editing the accuweather database to include my city. I've tried every cab available and followed every fix I can find on the web. Weather Database Editor 1.1 modified can edit the database, but touchflo's list doesn't update even if you soft reset.

Any ideas?

here is how to manually do it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=439399

if you want to post the city you want to add i can do it for you and make a cab. i'm not sure how soon i would be able to do it though.

Guest timmyk465
Robert,

I did an extensive search a while ago to find this cab. It is a patched version of the vekkio black samsung dialer for the i910. I installed it on two previous i910 ROMs, and it would work after enabling dialer skins in the Advanced Config utility. There was an issue where a scroll bar would appear, but this was resolved after disabling verticle scroll bars (again using Advanced Config). I have had this running on an i910 ROM and love it. If you or anyone else can help with this problem it would be greatly appreciated. I will post if I can find a solution as well.

The fact that there are still updates and ways to improve the Omnia has made this one of the most enjoyable phone expriences I have had! This community is awesome! Thank you all.

Timbo

I FOUND A SOLUTION! thank you to this thread and MR. MAKK http://www.techparaiso.com/windows-mobile/...mobile-phone-os

Need to add the registry value HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin ext = \windows\SECdialer.dll

NOTE: when using any custom dialer, you can adjust the ext value to any .dll dialer file.

Guest JohnnyKilowatt

Hmm, I did everything that thread says to do. It appears to have copied them over but now when TouchFLO starts, it gets stuck in a loop saying "Tap here to launch TouchFLO" then going to "Launching TouchFLO" only to go back to the first message.

Guest thekevster
Hmm, I did everything that thread says to do. It appears to have copied them over but now when TouchFLO starts, it gets stuck in a loop saying "Tap here to launch TouchFLO" then going to "Launching TouchFLO" only to go back to the first message.

editing the weather cities shouldnt do that. you may have accidently edited HTCHomeSettings.xml instead of HH0409_WeatherCities.xml

also if you did edit the right file, did you put it back into the Windows folder using Total Commander or a program similar to it?

Edited by thekevster

Guest robertjm

By change did you go into M2DC and select FootprintsWidget, MyFavesWidget and/or TVWidget?

I did that the other day and it would keep looping till I turned them back off.

Robert

Guest robertjm

KEVIN:

Did you deactivate your links to version 3 (what you called version "new") for some reason? People can't click on them.

Robert

Guest JohnnyKilowatt
By change did you go into M2DC and select FootprintsWidget, MyFavesWidget and/or TVWidget?

I did that the other day and it would keep looping till I turned them back off.

Robert

No, I'll give that a shot now.

Guest imronburgundy

thekevster.... awesome rom. One of the best I've used yet. I have a question though. I'm using the m2d version just downloaded today. If i scroll over to the browser screen and click "launch browser" or the "browser" button at the bottom, nothing happens. Any suggestions? Once again, thanks for the great ROM.

Update: Such an idiot. It wasn't set up in m2d2. Thanks anyways.

Edited by imronburgundy

Guest iBond007

Kev and Robertjm,

I installed Kev's FlO 23557ver2. Great ROM. Love it.

Ran into one bug: Once I selected Location On for GPS, clicking on OK or green check mark doesnt do anything. Pressing the hard button to end the call doesnt work. Also, clikcing on the home soft button doesnt do anything. Only was I was able to get out of that screen was to power off the phone.

Also, I noticed that the MS Office is missing from his ver. Where can I find the cab for it. I actually use Office product on the phone.

One more thing: Can we add/delete widgets on the home screen of Titanium and M2D?

Thank you for your support.

Guest iBond007

Just finished reading thru all the post in this thread. So Office 10 is missing from FLOTanium ver2. I am going to download and install Flotanium ver 3 from 1st post. (just flashed ver 2 yesterday and went thru all the setup and syncs)....oh well...redo...

Kev and Robertjm,

Ran into one bug: Once I selected Location On for GPS, clicking on OK or green check mark doesnt do anything. Pressing the hard button to end the call doesnt work. Also, clikcing on the home soft button doesnt do anything. Only was I was able to get out of that screen was to power off the phone.

Also, I noticed that the MS Office is missing from his ver. Where can I find the cab for it. I actually use Office product on the phone.

One more thing: Can we add/delete widgets on the home screen of Titanium and M2D?

Thank you for your support.

Guest iBond007

Flashed Kev's Flotanium ver.3. So far so good. Nice job Kev. Thank you.

Currently syncing to my PC.

UPDATE: Why does sync takes long time? I do not even sync Email. Just contacts, Cal, Task...

How do I add/delete contents in the Home screen of Titanium and M2D?

I like the MetroLock that was part of the ver 2. Where can I get cab to replace the lock screen in ver 3?

Edited by iBond007

Guest teletran3
Kev and Robertjm,

You can press the Main Menu button on the side of the phone. It should be mapped to OK/Close after flashing. That's one of the reasons that button is mapped to OK/Close.

Guest iBond007
You can press the Main Menu button on the side of the phone. It should be mapped to OK/Close after flashing. That's one of the reasons that button is mapped to OK/Close.

Thanks, that helps.

Edited by iBond007

Guest robertjm

Office 2010 is NOT cooked into v3 either. The first time you log into the WM Marketplace, it will detect that you have Office 6.1 installed and offer you to upgrade to Office 2010.

Robert

Just finished reading thru all the post in this thread. So Office 10 is missing from FLOTanium ver2. I am going to download and install Flotanium ver 3 from 1st post. (just flashed ver 2 yesterday and went thru all the setup and syncs)....oh well...redo...

Guest iBond007

Robertjm.

Are you sure. Because I am using Off2k10 using ver3. !!!

Office 2010 is NOT cooked into v3 either. The first time you log into the WM Marketplace, it will detect that you have Office 6.1 installed and offer you to upgrade to Office 2010.

Robert

Guest thekevster

Robert

office 2010 is cooked into all v3 versions except for titanium only. i was in a hurry to release those versions and i forgot to add it in the kitchen when cooking the titanium version which i did last.

Guest robertjm

Strangeness! I'm using the M2D only version and yesterday when I fired up Marketplace to get the Netflix app, it told me there was a new Office version to install.

Wonder if they had a new update already?

Robert

office 2010 is cooked into all v3 versions except for titanium only. i was in a hurry to release those versions and i forgot to add it in the kitchen when cooking the titanium version which i did last.

Guest Cahuna

Thx for the rom Kevster...works great. I have one issue tho. I cant seem to get a lock on the GPS. I have "location on" in the phone settings as well as "Use GPS" and "Enable Location"in Google Maps. I even installed the "CGPS" titanium panel and turned that on. Any suggestions? Thx.

Guest robertjm

Are you trying it inside a building or outside? My phone will never lock onto the sats if I'm inside. However, if I go outside and let it latch on to some sats, that's all it takes.

Robert

Thx for the rom Kevster...works great. I have one issue tho. I cant seem to get a lock on the GPS. I have "location on" in the phone settings as well as "Use GPS" and "Enable Location"in Google Maps. I even installed the "CGPS" titanium panel and turned that on. Any suggestions? Thx.

Guest tsumeone

I can't get office mobile 2010 to intsall on Titanium. Marketplace keeps saying install failed, and all the cabs I find online say it failed, with no details. Any chance you can cook it in and re-upload it?

Edited by tsumeone

Guest Cahuna

Office_1__1_.CAB

I can't get office mobile 2010 to intsall on Titanium. Marketplace keeps saying install failed, and all the cabs I find online say it failed, with no details. Any chance you can cook it in and re-upload it?

You need to have office mobile 6.1 installed first (see attached cab file). then install the office mobile 2010 updtae (make sure to use the free update version and not the $29.95)