Bluetooth media profile in 1.6

Guest audiobastard

Guest audiobastard

I had awesome streaming via bluetooth to my computers on android 2.1. That was perfect for playing podcasts and music -- (pandora, et al.) But I went back to 1.6 for the speed and I don't get the media profile anymore, just phone connection on my PCs. Is that feature missing in 1.6 or is it just me?

Guest Quipeace

What you can try is going to the bluetooth menu and then long press on your device, select options.

Now you will probably see the media profile ticked, but not connected. un-tick media and disconnect the device, now reconnect and reselect media.

You will only have to do that once, it works for me ;)

Guest audiobastard
What you can try is going to the bluetooth menu and then long press on your device, select options.

Now you will probably see the media profile ticked, but not connected. un-tick media and disconnect the device, now reconnect and reselect media.

You will only have to do that once, it works for me ;)

Are you sure your on 1.6 donut? It didn't work for me with stock roms or custom 1.6 roms. Only got it on 2.1 roms. I know how to do it, i'm just not getting the option in 1.6 and I was wondering if that's normal or not.

Guest Quipeace

Well, I'm pretty sure the option was there, as I did have that problem in 1.6. I might be messing up the two now though ;).

Did you try to un-pair your pc and retry?

Guest audiobastard
I am not 100% sure but bluez stack in Android 2.1 is different and that is the reason you missing options for Bluetooth in 1.6.

That is what I suspected. I just don't understand why they wouldn't put that information on the android developer website under the platform features. Seems pretty important to me. At least its compelling enough to give up the speed of 1.6 for a 2.1.