You tube in milestone = bad quality?

Guest Chad Petree

Guest Chad Petree

Are the youtube videos supossed to be in such bad quality? they look horrendous, and they dont even fill the screen =/ am i doing something wrong?

Edited by Chad Petree

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Killian

The app automatically starts videos in 'low quality' mode. If you press the 'menu' key and go to the far right icon (can't think what it is...) you can change it to play in 'high quality' mode and then they look lovely. Just means it'll take longer to stream is all.

Not sure if there is any way of defaulting it to always start in 'high quality' mode but maybe someone else can answer that.

Guest Chad Petree
The app automatically starts videos in 'low quality' mode. If you press the 'menu' key and go to the far right icon (can't think what it is...) you can change it to play in 'high quality' mode and then they look lovely. Just means it'll take longer to stream is all.

Not sure if there is any way of defaulting it to always start in 'high quality' mode but maybe someone else can answer that.

funny that menu didnt show up while i had 2.0.1 ,. now with 2.1 its working, still the quality isnt as good as the desktop version =/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Killian

Random. I had 2.0.1 and it was in mine..... I find the high quality to be pretty good for a handheld and just about right for the size of the screen.

Guest roy_drage

I think it also depends what connection you have on the phone while viewing.

For instance 3G or less will only display in low res where as H and over WIFI will always display in hi res. Something like that anyway.