New i920 update 4/19/2010

Guest amdzero
YES

I still have Ninja"s newest rom.

The new update just won't update

Gonna try reflash ck24 then 1.0.1.9

;) ;)

I had the same problem updating to 19 APR 2010 official rom. I think it had to do with the octans drivers I was using, because I used another computer I have with win7 and it worked flawlessly.

Guest kdkinc

Me & the phone made up

Damn usb port ;) :P

gotta go details later..

thank you all

Now the rest of the story,briefly...

I tried AMDZero's rom same result :P NICE basic ROM by the way.

Then I remembered something from the i910 days, USB ports ;)

I use the usb ports on the front of my desktop so I moved the cable BINGO!!!

All was well with the world .

So than i tried to flash beck to Ninja's rom . (I like "new menu" and the UI) the computer could not see the phone

I went back to original usb port...Flash away ;)

I guess the usb ports have different drivers that the system need to accomplish each chore???

The End

:P :P

Edited by kdkinc

Guest lambi1982

another addition to the ROM is when plugging in to the headphone jack the Video out selection now says (high output gain) and it boost volume by 2x or 3x

helps if connecting to an external audio source and you need more volume (work with headphone in video mode too ;) )

Also noticed that the evolution GT game runs better.....could just be me though

Edited by lambi1982

Guest surgex
another addition to the ROM is when plugging in to the headphone jack the Video out selection now says (high output gain) and it boost volume by 2x or 3x

helps if connecting to an external audio source and you need more volume (work with headphone in video mode too ;) )

Also noticed that the evolution GT game runs better.....could just be me though

Cool thanks for the info -- can't wait for all the new features to get cooked into custom roms ;)

Guest abuttio
Cool thanks for the info -- can't wait for all the new features to get cooked into custom roms ;)

I know this is probably going to get my balls cut off, but I am still getting used to this phone and don't want to flash a custom rom and lose a lot of the toys that Verizon gives, but I would be interested in seeing WinMobile 6.5.5 with the features of this rom untouched.

<ducks>

Guest amdzero
I know this is probably going to get my balls cut off, but I am still getting used to this phone and don't want to flash a custom rom and lose a lot of the toys that Verizon gives, but I would be interested in seeing WinMobile 6.5.5 with the features of this rom untouched.

<ducks>

REALLY? What SPECIFIC VZ stuff do you want back in a rom?

Guest lambi1982

Lock screen actually works now too ;)

goes right to the lock screen with no delay at all. (hated seeing the home screen before the lock screen before)

Only issue I get once in a while is shell32.exe crashes for some reason. Right after I flashed I went to use Microsoft my Phone and it crashed too, but it works with no problems now. (got these errors before installing anything too)

Love the rom though... Would be nice to see the "Fun Toys" removed ;)

Attached is the lockscreen exe and other lockscreen files from the Windows directory not sure if the lockscreen.dll is needed, I can upload that too if needed.

Lockscreen.rar

Edited by lambi1982

Guest amdzero
Lock screen actually works now too ;)

goes right to the lock screen with no delay at all. (hated seeing the home screen before the lock screen before)

Only issue I get once in a while is shell32.exe crashes for some reason. Right after I flashed I went to use Microsoft my Phone and it crashed too, but it works with no problems now. (got these errors before installing anything too)

Love the rom though... Would be nice to see the "Fun Toys" removed ;)

"Fun Toys" ?

Guest Snow02

Whatever they changed for the lockscreen delay isn't in the pda part of the rom. I flashed the update, and then right back to yardi's latest. Lockscreen lag is still gone. Gonna play with it and see what else may be a little quicker.

Glad samsung is still releasing updates....

Edited by Snow02

Guest amdzero
still no option to select the WM 6.5 slider lock instead of the samsung one?

yes there is, and it will be in my next release.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\StartMenu]

"DisableLock"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen]

"Active"=dword:00000001

"Enable"=dword:00000001

also if you haven't done so already, disable samsung lock using samsung settings. (unless the chef took it out already)

Guest kdkinc

I just found out something :huh:

While looking at my device version PDA #'s I noticed mine says 2.0V instead of 1.0V.

Samsung says it should be 1.0V.

So.. I thought I would re flash with DC 23 again and see if that corrected the Version #.

Well DC 23 won't allow me to re flash to DC23 because I have it already.

This might be a issue if I have to back to a VZW store for service or replacement ??

Am I not understanding something with my old past device i910 I can't count the times I went back to CF03.

:P :blink:

Edited by kdkinc

Guest Ninja4Hire
I just found out something :huh:

While looking at my device version PDA #'s I noticed mine says 2.0V instead of 1.0V.

Samsung says it should be 1.0V.

So.. I thought I would re flash with DC 23 again and see if that corrected the Version #.

Well DC 23 won't allow me to re flash to DC23 because I have it already.

This might be a issue if I have to back to a VZW store for service or replacement ??

Am I not understanding something with my old past device i910 I can't count the times I went back to CF03.

:P :blink:

Not sure why it won't let you reflash, I have done it 3 times now.

No worries tho. AMD or myself can make a stock rom based on the new upgrade that you can flash with octans. Since the rom has already been extracted, you just throw it in the kitchen without editing any files.

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest Shemmy

I flashed to DC23, then flashed Ninja4Hire's ROM. This, of course, downgraded part of the system to CJ10. Interestingly, though, I can't reflash the official update now. It just stops at the "rebooting device" part, and nothing I do helps. (The phone isn't bricked, it will boot up to Ninja's ROM without issue)

Guest Ninja4Hire
I flashed to DC23, then flashed Ninja4Hire's ROM. This, of course, downgraded part of the system to CJ10. Interestingly, though, I can't reflash the official update now. It just stops at the "rebooting device" part, and nothing I do helps. (The phone isn't bricked, it will boot up to Ninja's ROM without issue)

Your PDA is CJ10.21863, but your CSC is DC23 right? I want to make sure because that is currently what I have. I swear I flashed the new update multiple times, but I want to flash it again and verify we all have the sames settings when I do.

Guest Omega Ra
yes there is, and it will be in my next release.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\StartMenu]

"DisableLock"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen]

"Active"=dword:00000001

"Enable"=dword:00000001

also if you haven't done so already, disable samsung lock using samsung settings. (unless the chef took it out already)

how do you disable the samsung lock in the samsung settings? is this only in the new update? I don't see that option in my standard one...

plus what I mean is can I use the WM 6.5 lockscreen with the built in lock button, as when I try to lock it through the start menu it doesn't lock the camera button....

Edited by Omega Ra

Guest Shemmy
Your PDA is CJ10.21863, but your CSC is DC23 right? I want to make sure because that is currently what I have. I swear I flashed the new update multiple times, but I want to flash it again and verify we all have the sames settings when I do.

That's correct.

Guest amdzero
Do I have a problem with my version??? my numbers are different...

post-499047-1272039271_thumb.png

:huh: :P

Your CSC is DC23 and your PDA is DC23

All that really means is that you have the samsung update installed in your current ROM.

If you had CSC DC23 and your PDA was CJ10 then you have HALF the samsung update. Your CSC was updated via the official Samsung, but you flashed to a custom rom that DID NOT incorporate the Samsung update.

Does that make sense?

Guest kdkinc

All that really means is that you have the samsung update installed in your current ROM.

If you had CSC DC23 and your PDA was CJ10 then you have HALF the samsung update. Your CSC was updated via the official Samsung, but you flashed to a custom rom that DID NOT incorporate the Samsung update.

Does that make sense?

Thanks sort of... so I guess I'm OK .

looking forward to your next rom .Will it have a u/i like your last??

Guest Ninja4Hire

Does that make sense?

Yeah my current builds do not have the samsung update, so things are mis matchy lol. Working on it, but at the moment the XIP is causing my phone to not boot passed the Samsung Omnia II screen.

Guest kdkinc
Yeah my current builds do not have the samsung update, so things are mis matchy lol. Working on it, but at the moment the XIP is causing my phone to not boot passed the Samsung Omnia II screen.

u/i was wrong term

I meant the samsung today ninja style

I guess you answered that above

Thank You