New i920 update 4/19/2010

Guest Ninja4Hire
That's correct.

I just flashed the update on my xp machine at work and it went with no problem. I'm not sure why it does not work for some people, but hopefully I have have my new rom soon ready and it won't be a problem.

Guest thrawn72
Updated and found that Media Player gets a purple tint to videos when in landscape mode only. Any one else have this issue.

Nope looks fine on my phone.

Guest JPinSL

I applied the update under Vista 32-bit with no issues. (Needed to hard reset to fix other issues anyway)

It did seem to break AE Button Plus, as I can't map the "OK" or "Windows" (triangle) keys anymore.

Guest kdkinc
I applied the update under Vista 32-bit with no issues. (Needed to hard reset to fix other issues anyway)

It did seem to break AE Button Plus, as I can't map the "OK" or "Windows" (triangle) keys anymore.

Whats the advantage of AE button plus I guess I don't see it??

I use wm setting or Samsung Setting no issue

:huh: :P

Guest khanmech

It may be just my imagination, but it seems like this update causes the phone charge realllllyyyy sllooooowwwww over the data/charger cable when connected to the computer. Seems fine using the wall charger though. I think it may have something to do with the power/performance settings, because after dropping back from auto to normal, it seems to charge faster via computer

Also, the lockscreen changes are kind of annoying. I had to manually enable the windows default lockscreen (I hate the classic lockscreen, and I prefer the default lockscreen to S2U2). But now there is no way to get owner information to display without also enabling the regular lockscreen via the samsung settings menu. still poking at it though.

Guest kdkinc
It may be just my imagination, but it seems like this update causes the phone charge realllllyyyy sllooooowwwww over the data/charger cable when connected to the computer. Seems fine using the wall charger though. I think it may have something to do with the power/performance settings, because after dropping back from auto to normal, it seems to charge faster via computer

Also, the lockscreen changes are kind of annoying. I had to manually enable the windows default lockscreen (I hate the classic lockscreen, and I prefer the default lockscreen to S2U2). But now there is no way to get owner information to display without also enabling the regular lockscreen via the samsung settings menu. still poking at it though.

IMHO samsung lockscreen works OK does what its supposed to do, nothing exciting.

Edited by kdkinc

Guest khanmech

ah, nvm, I got the owner info to appear before the windows default lockscreen - settings\system\lockscreen\owner information\identification then check "when the device is turned on display identification information." Still, I'd like the owner info to be on the lockscreen itself, been trying to figure out a way to do that short of cooking a rom,

Guest amdzero
ah, nvm, I got the owner info to appear before the windows default lockscreen - settings\system\lockscreen\owner information\identification then check "when the device is turned on display identification information." Still, I'd like the owner info to be on the lockscreen itself, been trying to figure out a way to do that short of cooking a rom,

you can do that without cooking a rom. You just need to hack/edit the .cpr file for 480x800 and 800x480 of the lockscreen. You can display anything you like on there. I use Notepad++ to change mine and will make a tutorial about this very thing (probably later this week). PM me if you have issues.

post-463858-1272761846_thumb.png

Guest JPinSL
Whats the advantage of AE button plus I guess I don't see it??

I use wm setting or Samsung Setting no issue

Because AEB+ can remap the volume keys, turning them into a scroll bar (compensates some for the lack of physical D-pad)

Guest kdkinc
Because AEB+ can remap the volume keys, turning them into a scroll bar (compensates some for the lack of physical D-pad)

Thanks for the info I tried it ...

Its not for me but others may like it.

Guest Omega Ra

just to clarify, this update now allows me to use the standard WM lockscreen without a password? I can disable the samsung touch to unlock one?