My new book: Windows Mobile Game Development

Guest AdamDawes

Guest AdamDawes

Hello everyone,

I thought some of you may be interested to know about my new book, which has just been published by Apress. It's called Windows Mobile Game Development, and contains everything you need to know to get to grips with writing games for Windows Mobile devices in C# or VB.NET.

Lots of areas of development are covered, including creating a flexible and reusable game engine for GDI and OpenGL ES graphics, consistent timing, sound effects and music, input and control mechanisms, and how to target the maximum number of devices for your game, dealing with issues such as different screen resolutions and different device form factors. It covers developing for devices running Windows Mobile right back to WM2003SE, and all the way up to the latest WM6.5 devices with hardware graphics acceleration, using Visual Studio 2005 or VS2008 for development.

The book is available to buy now from amazon.com (other online book retailers are available!). If you would like to know more, you can find further information on my web site, www.adamdawes.com or post here and I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Happy game programming! :-)

Adam.

www.adamdawes.com