Will there be a new release of winmo 6.5.3 stock ROM for our devices?

Guest greenonion

Guest mwijand

I wouldn't know if they make a new rom for us. It would be nice to have a decent samsung page where you can see how or what with the roms/firmware's. For example more like Nokia who release almost every month or 2 months a new update for a specific phone. I found out that samsung doesn't have a good support. That's not only for their phones, but also for many other products. It is sad that they do it like that, cause good support makes a better name for a company than only a good product. I would like to see that support for all their products get better, and that their webpages get more clear to people (it a real maze those pages).

A new rom would be super. Although it will be flled with samsung apps, it is a new rom for the cookers as wel. A rom that's not hybrid, so it should work even better when the cooks cook it ;)

Guest Ignition

from what i can work out.. samsung doesnt care about our phone anymore.. its sales have been poor and it is not even a world wide release.. ie in australia you can get the omnia ii but not our omnia pro....

so i doubt they will upgrade anything to do with this phone... which is a pity as i think we own an awesome phone !

Guest Mildew
So as the question says.... will it be or not?

That's what seperates the Nokia from the Samsung. Nokia never abandoned the 5800 and the N97. They started out buggy but they kept working on the rom.

The Samsung on the other hand, I felt sorry for those who paid big money for the i8910 Omnia HD. When you buy a Samsung phone, you're getting the final beta.

Last year when a bought nokia 5800 I thought nokia was bad, but now I realise samsung is worst.

I wonder if they can retain their position by dealing in such irresponsible way.

Guest Mildew
Last year when a bought nokia 5800 I thought nokia was bad, but now I realise samsung is worst.

I wonder if they can retain their position by dealing in such irresponsible way.

Nokia just released another firmware for the 5800 today.

Guest FortKnox101

I think the moral of this discussion is "6.5.3" not "6.5"...I'd say give samsung time, let them sort all the firmware bugs etc out on the omnia II first before releasing it on the b7610. Yes it sucks were not getting as many ROM updates but I doubt samsung want to be sorting out bugs on 2 of there windows mobile devices (which are slightly similar) at the same time. But those are my thoughts anyway. Plus who needs them when daskalos can port roms from the i8000 forums :huh: (hehe, Hybrid ROM).

Edited by FortKnox101