Titanium Backup questions

Guest shockaholick

Guest shockaholick

Hey everyone-

I was curious....I want to back up my settings on my phone...where my apps are on the different home screens. and such....with Titanum Backup can you back up all that, so when you flash another rom and you go back to the rom I just had so to say with everything backed up...will everything appear as if nothing changed...i hope i'm wording this correctly. Can someone please explain how it works...and thanks for the replies in advance!

Guest tasty
Hey everyone-

I was curious....I want to back up my settings on my phone...where my apps are on the different home screens. and such....with Titanum Backup can you back up all that, so when you flash another rom and you go back to the rom I just had so to say with everything backed up...will everything appear as if nothing changed...i hope i'm wording this correctly. Can someone please explain how it works...and thanks for the replies in advance!

I don't think so. It keeps the market links and (I think) all of the settings that you used, but you'll have to plop the widgets or shortcuts back onto the phone. The only thing I know of that retains that is a nandroid backup (which is also what I'd do if I was going to reflash anything in addition to titanium). If you just want to experiment with another rom and then go *back* to the old rom you had, then nandroid is the answer.

Guest hah2110
I don't think so. It keeps the market links and (I think) all of the settings that you used, but you'll have to plop the widgets or shortcuts back onto the phone. The only thing I know of that retains that is a nandroid backup (which is also what I'd do if I was going to reflash anything in addition to titanium). If you just want to experiment with another rom and then go *back* to the old rom you had, then nandroid is the answer.

Not entirely correct. You can backup the [DESKTOP] item (in green). It won't work in the batch restore though and the dev is trying to fix it. If you manually select it when restoring, it will be fine and will restore shortcuts and icons. The only pitfall is that it restores the widgets as dead links so you need to fix those.

Guest tasty
Not entirely correct. You can backup the [DESKTOP] item (in green). It won't work in the batch restore though and the dev is trying to fix it. If you manually select it when restoring, it will be fine and will restore shortcuts and icons. The only pitfall is that it restores the widgets as dead links so you need to fix those.

Didnt know know joel was working on a fix. Thats good to hear.

Id had the dead widget happen to me and figured that if i had to delete them and replace them there wasnt much point (yet).