Superboot on Mac

Guest Droid800

Guest Droid800

Can anyone out there help me running superboot on my mac? The one line instructions that are present pretty much everywhere are not at all helpful, and I can't get it to actually work. I REALLY want to root my N1 and install the Desire ROM, but I getting past this step is stopping that from helping.

Guest Droid800
what's the last point where you make progress (I did my phone's superboot image while on OSX)?

I'm stuck with the whole part about using terminal to actually send the superboot image.

This is the part that I can't get past.

- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh' followed by './install-superboot-mac.sh'

I don't know how to open a terminal window to the directory, and how to issue those commands. (I know how to type them in obviously, but I don't know the step-by-step)

Guest tasty
I don't know how to open a terminal window to the directory, and how to issue those commands. (I know how to type them in obviously, but I don't know the step-by-step)

It's Terminal.app in your Utilities folder (in Applications).

I suggest a good hour of reading in general unix commands (like ls, cd, and stuff like that). While not directly applicable, that knowledge will be very handy if you goof and have to start working towards fixing it.