Orange Firmware please!

Guest chriswml

Guest chriswml

I know this may sound like a weird request... ;) ...but does anyone have the original Orange firmware for the Desire that I can flash to my phone if I need to send it back to Orange?

I followed Paul's walkthrough to debrand my Orange HTC Desire and I'm much happier with it... BUT if I need to send it back for warranty repairs or anything like that, I will need to have the Orange firmware flashed back on to it before I send it, otherwise I'll run into problems. Ideally some form of packaged updater would be great!

Thanks all!

Guest RalphM
I know this may sound like a weird request... ;) ...but does anyone have the original Orange firmware for the Desire that I can flash to my phone if I need to send it back to Orange?

I followed Paul's walkthrough to debrand my Orange HTC Desire and I'm much happier with it... BUT if I need to send it back for warranty repairs or anything like that, I will need to have the Orange firmware flashed back on to it before I send it, otherwise I'll run into problems. Ideally some form of packaged updater would be great!

Thanks all!

Can you let me know where you found the Paul's guide to unbranding? I searched the forum to no avail. I was looking for the standard unbranded Stock Euro Desire ROM, but no luck yet.

Thanks much.

Guest RalphM

Thanks all!

Can you let me know where you found the Paul's guide to unbranding? I searched the forum to no avail. I was looking for the standard unbranded Stock Euro Desire ROM, but no luck yet.

Thanks much.

Guest Minishlink

As soon as the root will be available, people will be able to run the tool nandroid and backup the ROM. At this moment you'll see the original Orange ROM on the net. ;)

Guest chriswml

Thanks much.

Bit late ...Irishandrew got there first with the answer. A word of advice though do it on an XP machine - my Win 7 machines kept returning errors and refused to recognise the phone when it got to the 4th bulletpoint of the step by step instructions "Enter 'adb shell cat /sys/class/....". As soon as I did it on my XP machine, everything went through smoothly.

Best of luck!

Guest chriswml

Thanks much.

Bit late ...Irishandrew got there first with the answer. A word of advice though do it on an XP machine - my Win 7 machines kept returning errors and refused to recognise the phone when it got to the 4th bulletpoint of the step by step instructions "Enter 'adb shell cat /sys/class/....". As soon as I did it on my XP machine, everything went through smoothly.

Best of luck!

Guest chriswml
As soon as the root will be available, people will be able to run the tool nandroid and backup the ROM. At this moment you'll see the original Orange ROM on the net. ;)

Thanks buddy....will wait for the root!

Guest irishandrew

Best of luck!

Really? Worked fine on my Win7 box - Ultimate 64bit. Used the latest SDK though, and already had a working driver setup from my hero so perhaps fewer issues to deal with this time around :-)

-andrew

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dpap67uk
I know this may sound like a weird request... :P ...but does anyone have the original Orange firmware for the Desire that I can flash to my phone if I need to send it back to Orange?

Thanks all!

Hi Newbie, I am trying to get rid of the Orange firmware on mine too and i am fairly new to all this, is there any chance of a little help here please ?

Cheers

dpap67uk