Desire Car cradle

Guest roscoe141

Guest irishandrew
Has anyone bought one yet, recommend one?

Just ordered a DashGenie from mobilefun.co.uk today - it's not powered but will see how it goes.

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/dash-genie-in-c...lder-p23796.htm

From the comments it appears that it should work ok with the Desire. As for charging it, hopefully it attach to a place where the cord reaches my charger without too much issue!

Will let you know how it goes.

-Andrew.

Oh, and also installed the cardock.apk from XDA (G1 forums I believe) which works very nicely on the Desire, especially now with the official google navigation :-)

Guest ferryrich

Brodit will be releasing passive and powered versions of their holder in the next week or so. I've used them for years and they're excellent. You get 1 proclip specifically for your car that fits into the dash without screws or stickers or anything, then just mount your phone holder into that. I'm awaiting the release of the Desire one, which will be my 4th.

Guest munkimatt
Oh, and also installed the cardock.apk from XDA (G1 forums I believe) which works very nicely on the Desire, especially now with the official google navigation :-)

Could you link that up here? I've downloaded a couple of apks and they haven't worked.

Cheers.

Guest hally83
Brodit will be releasing passive and powered versions of their holder in the next week or so. I've used them for years and they're excellent. You get 1 proclip specifically for your car that fits into the dash without screws or stickers or anything, then just mount your phone holder into that. I'm awaiting the release of the Desire one, which will be my 4th.

+1 - they are the dogs. i've just ordered mine from http://www.car-mounts.co.uk/mobilephones.asp