Call handler?

Guest mgroover

Guest mgroover

I'm a bit tired of the call handling in Android at the moment. So, what's the big issue?

On the stock ACER_Liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1.bin During a call the "mute" button is just below the big "End call" button.

Just tried xian's 0.6b ROM and it is working just fine but still.. Mute button is just below the end call button on the call handler even though it is a different design on this one.. ;)

For me, I'd go as far as saying it's a serious miss in the GUI and functional design of that specific screen. Mainly because it's my business phone and I participate in telephone conferences about 3-4h's per day where I need to go on mute, can't tell you how many times I've hung up and had to re-dial ;)

Any suggestions on options would be appreciated..

Guest mgroover
Be extremely careful when you hit that button ;) Maybe use a headset that has a mute button on it instead?

Hehe.. Being extremely careful as it is right now but I am working from my home office alot.. I have got a 10 month old bengal cat who tends to make a whole lot of vocal talk every now and then when he feels bored + a 4 month old baby who likes to scream every now and then..

Headset with mute button is something I'm looking at getting but still think it's something which could be easily handled in software, imagine having the search button long-press during a call as mute/unmute! Anyone feel like modding?

Maybe you can try this app:

http://www.androlib.com/android.applicatio...phone-qznj.aspx

Have no experience with it...

Thanks for the tip but this only replaces contacts management and the dialler itself. Not the call manager.