Kineto's Smart Wifi Android Application

Guest joerf1115

Guest joerf1115

Hi all, was wondering if anyone has come across this app in any form of leaks. I was informed by Kineto that TMo is adding the App to Android phones coming out in the fall. Currently I am having to use the GV+SipGate+Sipsorcery+SipDroid wifi calling solution at home, even though I should have 4 bars in my area.

Edited by joerf1115

Guest joerf1115
If you guys want UMA i suggest signing this petition. http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/umatmobile or here is the issue on Google http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=6242 I hope I am not stepping on toes with these links just trying to help.

This app will allow you to do that. Kineto has already released the App to TMobile, and TMo will release it in the fall on new android devices and in the market, for Android 1.6+. I just don't have coverage, as like many others, at my home and wanted to know if anyone had a leaked .apk. Also, this app will be avail for WinMo too, and as you stated BB already has the app SmartWiFi

Guest deanesn
This app will allow you to do that. Kineto has already released the App to TMobile, and TMo will release it in the fall on new android devices and in the market, for Android 1.6+. I just don't have coverage, as like many others, at my home and wanted to know if anyone had a leaked .apk. Also, this app will be avail for WinMo too, and as you stated BB already has the app SmartWiFi

in the fall? omg let's hope im still well and alive. jokes aside thats way to far out. grrr. i guess we will have to wait.

Guest joerf1115

OK here is what the Kineto folks told me yday.

"It's not available yet. Part of the issue is that for the App to work, the underlying Android OS needs to have some new API function calls enabled. Therefore, it won't just be an APK that you add to your phone. It will require an 'over the air' update of the OS which will include the App. As I said before, T-Mobile hasn't made it available yet, and it should be coming this fall."

So does this mean Froyo will be released in the fall?!?!

Edited by joerf1115

Guest panthar

Nope - it just means a version of Android (most likely Froyo) including the customizations needed for Kineto will be released by T-mob for their Android phones in the fall. Nexus One will probably still get FroYo a relatively short time after it is announced since Google can push updates right to the phone vs. having to have carriers assemble customized versions of the OS for their own Android phones.

So this might mean that N1 users will still have to wait until fall so someone can dig the necessary stuff out of a T-mob phone and hack it into a custom N1 ROM. We will see!

So does this mean Froyo will be released in the fall?!?!