How to enable JIT compiller on 2.1 ?

Guest Nesli

Guest Nesli

Hello,

does somebody know, how we can enable Just It TIme ( JIT ) dalvik vm compiller on our Acer Liquid running eclair 2.1 ? I was using it on my G1 (1.6) and it was awesome for 3D, zip archivation, video decocing , ect. and I would like to try it on my A1, cause 2.1 is little bit laggy -> this should be the way ...So, any ideas? ;)

Guest Nesli

It looks that it is just a modified dalvik-wm for hero, same as on my old G1... Fortunatelly, JIT is possible on 2.0, 2.1 and few 1.6 ROM, but how ? ;) Is here somebody with any experience of trying JIT on Liquid?

Guest Richard Högberg
It looks that it is just a modified dalvik-wm for hero, same as on my old G1... Fortunatelly, JIT is possible on 2.0, 2.1 and few 1.6 ROM, but how ? ;) Is here somebody with any experience of trying JIT on Liquid?

I've tried it. Donno if i made it wrong, but it did at least not boot up after doing what was said.

Guest Nesli

;) Bad news, I hope we´ll find someone, who make it functional:( At least one person exists, when you look at linpack benchmark web, Liquid section , the higest score seems to be done with JIT;)

Edited by Nesli

Guest Richard Högberg
;) Bad news, I hope we´ll find someone, who make it functional:( At least one person exists, when you look at linpack benchmark web, Liquid section , the higest score seems to be done with JIT;)

haha yeah, somebody did it... that bastard! ;)

• 2 weeks later...