Accelerometer disable?

Guest joerf1115

Guest joerf1115

Hey guys,is it possible to disable the accelerometer or move the cpu priority lower? I have noticed that when I move the phone I lose the signal, which showed 3-4 bars before moving. Could it be a power drain or a cpu priority issue? I got the Antennas app and see that I have a tower less than 10 miles of me and the Coverage map shows I should have a constant 3-4 bars @ my house, away from my neighborhood I get great signals.

EDIT: WoW should have searched more ;) I found an app to turn it off ;)

Edited by joerf1115

Guest tropmonky

I second Jonnyw2k,

beyond that, it seems like the N1 just has poor radio reception to begin with... even getting within inches of the phone (not even touching it) can at times make a big difference in signal quality depending on the 3G signal strength of where you are at.

Guest N1Martian
Hey guys,is it possible to disable the accelerometer or move the cpu priority lower? I have noticed that when I move the phone I lose the signal, which showed 3-4 bars before moving. Could it be a power drain or a cpu priority issue? I got the Antennas app and see that I have a tower less than 10 miles of me and the Coverage map shows I should have a constant 3-4 bars @ my house, away from my neighborhood I get great signals.

EDIT: WoW should have searched more :huh: I found an app to turn it off :P

It's easy enough to do, just go to settings > Sound & Display > Orientation

What app did you use? Did it help with the radio? I am interested because the accelerometer uses CPU load via system/bin/akmd, and I was wondering if its possible to disable this.

Guest slyydrr

Sorry to revive this, but I'm interested as well... Does turning off the accelerometer improve reception for you? I can't imagine that it does, but you never know!

Edited by slyydrr