U8110 Android 2.1 ROM

Guest BigBearMDC

Guest zerosignull

tried to get the rom to boot on the android emulator with no success. Ne reason this system.img file is over twice the size of the standard 2.1 rom?

Edited by zerosignull

Guest BigBearMDC
tried to get the rom to boot on the android emulator with no success. Ne reason this system.img file is over twice the size of the standard 2.1 rom?

It has really many apps in it, that's why it's so large.

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest zerosignull
It has really many apps in it, that's why it's so large.

Greetings,

BigBear

hmm. kitchen sink comes to mind ....

Guest BigBearMDC
hmm. kitchen sink comes to mind ....

Yeah I dropped most of the apps so that the ROM fits in our Pulse.

It's though not working...

Greetings,

BigBear

Guest gusthy

I started playing with the Pulse kernel. It seems that there are at least 14 kernel drivers that are Pulse-specific.

They are not merged to the ARM/MSM source tree.

My question is if someone (:huh: ) tries to diff the Pulse kernel source and 2.6.29, will someone else help building a kernel?

Guest zerosignull
I started playing with the Pulse kernel. It seems that there are at least 14 kernel drivers that are Pulse-specific.

My question is if someone (:huh: ) tries to diff the Pulse kernel source and 2.6.29, will someone else help building a kernel?

I think someone on this board did get a android 1.6 to boot on the pulse (though nothing worked). maybe a place to start?

Guest Daniel Williamson

Hi i know how to get the emulator working in the sdk but how do you boot it with a custom rom or a different one to the standard ?

Thanks

Dan

Guest zerosignull
Hi i know how to get the emulator working in the sdk but how do you boot it with a custom rom or a different one to the standard ?

Thanks

Dan

its a bit of a cheap trick.

1) create a standard virtual device for android 2.1 using the sdk

2) replace the system.img file in "\android-sdk\platforms\android-2.1\images" with the pulse system.img

3) run the emulator as per normal.

if u want to view the logcat output you will need to run the image from a command line (i did this in windows btw). Its something like "emulator @virtualdevicenam -logcat file.txt"

Guest Daniel Williamson
its a bit of a cheap trick.

1) create a standard virtual device for android 2.1 using the sdk

2) replace the system.img file in "\android-sdk\platforms\android-2.1\images" with the pulse system.img

3) run the emulator as per normal.

if u want to view the logcat output you will need to run the image from a command line (i did this in windows btw). Its something like "emulator @virtualdevicenam -logcat file.txt"

Ahh great thanks alot, ill try and have a play around with it.

Dan

Guest Hornet69
Ey guys,

I have a problem with me pulse now :S. Maybe someone here can help ??

I tried yesterday to flash this rom and it hang at android logo. so i thouth recover my nandroid backup.

But i used the wrong key combination at startup and i start bootloader (A) i pull the battery out of my device.

And now my problem started.

i get this screen wrong.JPG

I thouth i lost my phone (A) but he is startup up afther showing this screen a while.

I can use my phone normaly but this is not good.

Can someone give a solution ??.

I have tried:

*Restoring nandroid backup

*Flahing modaco 1.7 rom.

*Reset phono to factory settings.

Sorry i'm al little noob by this things.

BTW: sorry for my poor english.

TNX

I don't think is is a big issue. This is infact what used to be the T-Mobile boot screen. I think this has just replaced this screen with a wrong resolution version. If you want the Pulse will boot as normal to the original build.

Flash the phone with the 1.5 December update and you'll get the original screen back

H

Guest MRond
I don't think is is a big issue. This is infact what used to be the T-Mobile boot screen. I think this has just replaced this screen with a wrong resolution version. If you want the Pulse will boot as normal to the original build.

Flash the phone with the 1.5 December update and you'll get the original screen back

H

That was what i also thouth, But if I restore my nandroid backup. This screen is staying.

Tnx for helping my,

Guest Hornet69
That was what i also thouth, But if I restore my nandroid backup. This screen is staying.

Tnx for helping my,

I'm just guessing here, but maybe try flashing the december update then run the Nandroid backup? Fingers crossed that will sort it for you

H

Guest zerosignull

Tnx for helping my,

this may help (stole it from http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...hire_Hacking_2) :

If you don't want to use Nandroid Restore, then you can also flash the backup files manually using fastboot.

Here are the commands you'll need:

fastboot erase system -w

fastboot erase boot

fastboot flash system system.img

fastboot flash boot boot.img

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

fastboot reboot

You will need to download the December update from t-mobile and unpack the updata.app file using the pearl script that's on the forum somewhere to get the image files stated above.

edit: Have you tried just wiping your system?

Edited by zerosignull

Guest Josh04

We have a diff somewhere. The edits were non-trivial.

Guest McSpoon

Cool. I hope the 2.1 update arrives soon. :huh:

The Pulse Mini has 300MB of RAM, whereas our standard Pulse has only 192MB. (In the rom above I had to move all of the apps into the data partition and use a symbolic link hack because our Pulse system partition is only 85MB but the Pulse Mini requires at least 135MB). So squeezing Eclair onto the Pulse might be problematic although it should be possible.

Guest McSpoon
woow, this is cool, but everything is so small, will that be a problem? :huh:

Yes, the apps for the Pulse Mini are designed for a smaller 240x320 screen resolution, so when they're run on the larger 320x480 screen of the Pulse the layout struggles to adapt. The keyboard is tiny. Personally I think the screen resolution of the Pulse Mini is way too small.

Guest zerosignull
Yes, the apps for the Pulse Mini are designed for a smaller 240x320 screen resolution, so when they're run on the larger 320x480 screen of the Pulse the layout struggles to adapt. The keyboard is tiny. Personally I think the screen resolution of the Pulse Mini is way too small.

I've got a andoid 1.6 instance of a qualcom7200A based phone to boot in the emulator. That should be the right kernel for this?

Guest Daniel Williamson

This is pretty cool:

Installed task killer app

Got a live wallpaper working

Only a few force closes

Really laggy though ha but expected

Dan

Guest MRond
this may help (stole it from http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...hire_Hacking_2) :

If you don't want to use Nandroid Restore, then you can also flash the backup files manually using fastboot.

Here are the commands you'll need:

fastboot erase system -w

fastboot erase boot

fastboot flash system system.img

fastboot flash boot boot.img

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

fastboot reboot

You will need to download the December update from t-mobile and unpack the updata.app file using the pearl script that's on the forum somewhere to get the image files stated above.

edit: Have you tried just wiping your system?

I can and will use the nandroid restore.

I'm a newbie on this area. So what is exactly wipe-ing your system ?? Erase al settings ??

And if i wipe my system ? is my bootscreen as used to be.

And i have restore my nandbackup but the weird screen stays. Is nandroidbackup not backupping your bootscreen ??

Tanks for your help ( sorry for my newbies quistions)

And sorry for my poor english but i hope you understand my.

TNX

Guest Tom G
I think it would take an insane amount of work to actually make this usable on our Pulse (as a working phone, camera, wifi, etc). So I still hope Huawei release a Pulse Android 2.1 update. And even then we'll need the updated Pulse kernel source code (not the mini) before any usable ROMs can be produced.

To fix wifi copy the /system/wifi/ directory from the 1.5 system image that matches the kernel you're using. The wifi module and firmware vary slightly between the different 1.5 releases (I know of 3 different versions) so if your using the mcr kernel use the wifi stuff from the mcr system image or the december update image.

Guest Daniel Williamson
To fix wifi copy the /system/wifi/ directory from the 1.5 system image that matches the kernel you're using. The wifi module and firmware vary slightly between the different 1.5 releases (I know of 3 different versions) so if your using the mcr kernel use the wifi stuff from the mcr system image or the december update image.

Thanks just did that now, is there any chance of getting the sim card to work and connect to the network ?

Dan